Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Goatmask posted:

Yeah ok, hadn't realised that existed. Haven't really checked it out yet, but not sure I really want to. What I want to read is a narrative, a story. I'm not really interested in reading an encyclopedia containing an in depth guide to how everything fits together or the author answering questions on what hasn't been answered yet in the text. Not that in this case these answers seem necessary to read the story, and look at me asking you guys about things I don't understand, but I guess I feel the story should be one of discovery and exist on its own, not where everything is laid out for us.

I kinda do want to read worldbuilding stuff like that, but that's more because I'm just crazy like that. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Are you sure that's the same guy? I don't really see much resemblance. Especially since that one hand he should be missing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

loving finally, Duane.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've got to admit, before I started following this thread and learned all about how Unsounded is inspired by a roleplaying game, I didn't really notice so many of these problems.

Of course, before that, my biggest problem was that given how Sette managed to pass herself off as a fiance and run into a Brothel with Duane with no trouble, the world of Unsounded doesn't appear to have the same issues with pedophilia that the real one does, which Murkoph has done nothing to alleviate. :ohdear:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Public executions used to be a very popular form of entertainment, gruesome as it sounds.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if there were similar scenes in the heart of Cresce. If the Aldish do mass sacrifice in murderpits, then Crescians wouldn't be able to shut up about it unless it's not all that much of a culture shock.

Where does Cresce get all those plods from anyways?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's definitely odd that Crescians would indulge in slurs based on the Aldish caste system...:raise:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's nothing I can see to like about Murkoph, and the khert as a setting would do enough of a job of making the scene just as unsettling (if not moreso), so it's not like he's adding anything.

Theoretically he could do something to justify his existence later on, but for now, the best we can hope is that Settle and Duane leave him behind in the khert.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Surely you mean "naught"?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

:sigh: 'Nother page is up.

Dammit, Murkoph, this is a really good story where everyone has their own well-written motivations that interplay against eachother with a neat fantasy backdrop full of intricate details, and then you just have to show up being all creepy and wacky.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's just that while everyone else acts for a reason, he's just doing crazy things because of crazy monkeycheese while mugging to the camera. Murkoph seems like he's just there as some kind of wacky comic relief, except instead of having jokes, he just acts super creepy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Matty is the best scholar.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cresce! Attacking children under suspicion of Aldish sympathies! :thumbsup:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

When did these guys show up before? I can't remember them at all.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So, about the new pages; AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Still seems implausible in a world before typewriters, and from everything we've seen, mail is the only long distance communication.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sometimes a brothel/den of thieves is just a brothel/den of thieves.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, most people instinctively stop before they do that kind of damage, but there are people whose senses of pain don't work that do that kind of stuff all the time by accident. It's super creepy.

I wouldn't be too surprised though if there were doctors that knew how to reattatch that finger in the world of Unsounded, and if not, magic can probably do something about it. Worst case scenario, her finger's gone for good, but she could probably live a normal life since the tip of one finger isn't that important.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sette is going to burn that place to the ground. That laugh signed their death warrant.

Business is business.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I get what she's trying do do with Murkoph; he's supposed to be a fun, wacky, yet creepy guy, what with all the jokes and meta humor and all, but it just...doesn't work. There aren't brooding antiheroes clad in tight leather to steal pants from, you can't drop a line about biting a child's face as just a little more text in the bubble.

All he's doing is weakening the setting and mucking up the story.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

This town deserves to get eaten by smoke eels.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If Duane doesn't already kill Nary for what his plan with Stockyard was, he sure will when he sees him being rough with Sette.

He might not beat her up, Sette is a rough kid who is bound to be getting into fights, but he definitely does threaten her.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 15, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The real question is, can Sette grab a knife with her feet?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It would really suck for Duane's religion, one of the last things he has left to hold on to, was based on lies Murkoph told in order to do horrible things to women.

Especially since people have mentioned Saelit being hanged.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I always gotta love the everyman criticizing the overly elaborate conspiracy.

"Hey idiot, maybe just tell her to stay quiet, clerks are easier to persuade than bodies are to hide."

I'd really like it if in every future palace scene, there's a little investigation going on in the background about either a mysterious disappearance or a sloppily hidden dead body.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't understand why Sette would downgrade stabbin' a man in the dick to biting his ear off. That's a thing to be proud of!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can't wait for the long road trip where Duane and Sette are 50 feet away from Matty and his papa and they resolutely try to ignore eachother the whole way.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Also he has bias because the rest of the zombies plods in the world are unthinking slaves. It's like trusting a black man in the pre-civil war south if blacks were also known to feast on human flesh when they got loose.

Also they probably beat it pretty hard into wrights in school that resurrecting the dead is impossible. He must've heard tale of a few failed attempts to bring back loved ones that went really bad.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he's a guy who sneers at p much everybody and is a dick to them because he is acutely aware he's the lowest of the low, and everyone except Matty knows it

he amps up the hate when Duane's around because he's the rotten cannibal corpse who loudly judges him and also really is better than him at doing everything he does. Like, at least when Starfish was around he wasn't the worst guy in the room. He's just also able to work with people he loving hates when the chips are down because well that's what he does for a living.

Nah, he's more a tragic figure. Real sympathetic, considering how he clings to all that he has left of his wife.

...everybody's seen that drat play.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe they shouldn't have been so mean to their god's new boyfriend.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm not sure what there is left for Elka to do. All she can really do is skedaddle with Toma and her new recruit. There's no way for her to save the town, the most she could do is run around telling people to run for it.

The rest of the cast has already decided to leave town chasing the silver, so they're not going to help. This whole place is turbofucked.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

He's not dead 'til he hits the ground, drat it. :mad:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oh, I actually thought it was a two page update. :blush:

I guess that even if Elka escapes, she's probably going to become an outlaw. It'd probably come in handy for the queen's divorce proceedings for Toma's public image to be tainted too.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I would've absolutely loved it if Duane commented on how Lady Ilganyag was in bed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So the Khert and it's denizens are real weird.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Considering her opinions on mining towns, is the queen basically Margaret Thatcher?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

...so that's where his badge collection went.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think "setty" is some kind of furniture, but it never mattered enough to me to internalize.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I like this comic, but I'm uncomfortable about a naked child's body being an important plot point.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So wait, I thought the silver was part of a plan by the general who's overstepping beyond what the Queen wants to do in the war, and is planning some sort of coup.

And so the Queen's marrying an ald who she brainwashed or some crazy poo poo? I don't really get that. I assume this whole thing will make more sense in time, but for now it's clear as mud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What a coincidence that this part in the comic was right as there was a hurricane in the real world.