Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
I know it's a little thing, but I like how there was a callback to when Duane actually introduced himself:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch02/ch02_14.html

On that note, I've realized that he hasn't said a drat word for 2 chapters now (I know, zombie, but the fact remains), which is really weird in retrospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
I love how Titbird is peeking in in that last panel.

"C'mon li'l buddy, you can do it!"

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Yay, new Unsounded, let's--

GodDAMN, this chapter's been an emotional roller coaster.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
I'm going to take my time and enjoy this, before everything goes incredibly loving wrong. Oh God, Dog-face Duane-face :3:

EDIT: Oh man, I just remembered that the wiki has a translated Tainish section, and Duane called him Simon bean, then asked where his mama was.

Takezio fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 27, 2013

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Of course, they could all still be alive, and Duane is staying away from them because he's a hideous freak of nature. And they think that he's a scumbag dad/husband, when he actually still loves them.

What I'm saying is that it's better that they're probably all dead.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah, we saw only the killing part (thank God) right before we met Titbird. And you'll note that they were making her twin watch. :gonk:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
The only thing the wiki really updates is its Tainish-English section, for phrases in the comic.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
On the old Formspring she said that his personality hasn't really changed much, aside from the crippling depression and underlining tones of hopeless despair.

I mean, he's still a big dork, but it's kind of overshadowed by his zombieness. I'm just wondering when he'll hit the dude. Couple pages back, it looked like he wanted to start something.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Whelp, Friday'll be fun.

(hithimhithimhithim)

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Heh, Duane's face in the second-to-last panel. "My apologies, dear wife of mine"

Also, ow, he's gotta stop abusing that poor injured hand of his. :gonk:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Wow, he's still alive. Bit frayed around the edges, but that's a hell of a lot better than I expected.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
...poo poo's about to get weird again, isn't it?

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Ooh, lots of page--

...oh god.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
That line Sette had about Duane being a dad all along tore my heartstrings, it really did.

Then MURKOPH MURKOPH MURKOPH.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
God, I was waiting for this confrontation, but now I'm both excited and worried come Friday.

Roland Jones posted:

Good grief, Duane's limbs look positively ancient. Just how long ago did he die?

6 years ago, I think. And Ashley's said on her Formspring that only his torso and head are the only parts of his original body left.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Huh, he didn't go batshit crazy THIS week, kudos to him. So, next page? Maaaaaybe Wednesday?

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Onean posted:

Oh. Oh dear. Now I'm really curious to see what he's going to say to this. :stare:

NOTHING GOOD APPARENTLY

:catstare:

setteshutupshutup

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
And he MIGHT have rambled to Duane at least a little bit about what was going on, but Duane was too what-the-gently caress-is-happening-to-me delirious that he doesn't remember.

And I'm wondering how much Mikaila dying disrupted whatever plan they had.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Also, I'm fairly certain he's the silhouette in the last panel here:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_108.html

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
...Well, I guess it's good that Jivi didn't save that kid.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Well, I'm at the second page and I don't see why Ashley s--AAAAAAAHHHH!

Okay, Duane, you can set everything on fire now!

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Aaaaww. Look at the pronouns they're both dropping. It's like a buffer against the horrible, horrible things that'll come next. :3:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Hi Murkoph! Hi Murkoph's pants, that position would sure be pleasant without you!

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Good fish good fish eat him EAT HIM.

I thought he was in the actual room with her, now everything is just a LITTLE bit okay.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
I like how the ghost fish are completely terrified in that last panel. They know what's up.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
gently caress

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
oh my godddddd :3:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
It's really quite amazing how each page makes me wish that Starfish would die more and more. Here's hoping for booms.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Well, I for one am finding this situation more terrifying than snek-boss.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

DrSnakeLaser posted:

With the Gefendur twin sacrifice, I always assumed the surviving twin had to cannibalize the other but is it the queen instead?

If that's the case then maybe Bell tasting blood is also a power play.

I'm pretty sure the sacrificed twin is cut up and distributed among the higher class in a fancy party. Wait, just checked the wiki:

"At no younger than twenty years of age, the youngest of the Twins is poisoned with softi and its flesh carved and roasted and eaten by Gefendur clergy, local state officials, and anyone who can offer a large enough sum of money to the local diocese. To eat this softi-blessed flesh ensures great fortune and prosperity, and all but promises Yerta's favour upon one's death. This strange feast occurs semiannually, at the beginning of Yerta's quarter (The Mother's Day or the first day of Spring) of the year and Tirna's quarter of the year (The Sister's Day or the first day of Autumn). The Gefendur calendar revolves around these two events. "

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
TITTY BIRD 2: THE TITTY SNAKENING is going very well, I see.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

I only just realised that woman in the hood is Elka :cripes:

Wait, what?

...oh my GOD :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Glagha posted:

I still feel like tits should be harder to remove than that.

Yeah, but she's infused with Magical Bullshit (just a descriptor, I like it) so she's probably just really loving weird right now.