Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Great OP. I fell off the last thread and never caught up, so I'll be sticking with this one! I'd like to throw out a recommendation for Writer's Bloc. There's a corresponding blog with some really well done reviews, and the shop itself has a pretty good selection and prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

teethgrinder posted:

An AFFORDABLE pen shop opened in Toronto! http://www.wonderpens.ca/

$7 shipping across Canada, free for $100+ orders.

They have a pretty big variety of stuff, pricing all over. Doesn't seem to be any retail markup on the basic Twsbi 580 for example and they have dirt cheap Platinum Preppies. The Al-Stars seem a bit pricy though, compared to Safaris at least.

Lots of great stationery that's hard to find here too.

Hell yes! How are the Noodlers flex pens?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Picked up some presents for myself :3:. The black pen's a Jinhau 165, which I got to use with the BB because it's cheap, but it actually writes quite well and has a nice build. The blue one's the Noodler's Creaper flex. This baystate is fantastic, I'm glad I finally picked some up.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
I have a guy making me a box for my pens/stationery/etc and he sent me the first progress pic today :3:

Going for #3, rosewood.
Here's his site: http://www.diabolus.org/. He also does period music performances!

Invalid Octopus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 15, 2013

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
My pen box is finally done! Now to wait on shipping from England to Canada. Then to buy more pens to fill it up...

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
So, are there any sites with a) replacement Lamy nibs (specifically calligraphy), b) daily planners (not weekly like the rhodia webnotebook), and c) decent shipping to Canada? There are a few other things I want to pick up (inks and some pens) but I figure anywhere with nibs and planners will have that as well. Right now I have a full cart on Shop Writer's Bloc, which I highly recommend in general, but it's $30 shipping to Canada. Neither Wonderpens nor Goulet have what I need :(

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Thinking of selling some of my less-loved pens from my 45+ pen collection. This is going to be hard, though. Like selling a pet mouse.

Please link to here if you make a SAmart thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Armchair Calvinist posted:

My girlfriend got a new planner and cap for her Twsbi after it sheared at the threads. She's a happy camper now. :)

I really want a Pilot Custom 74 with a Con-70 converter for work but moneyyyyyyy :negative:

Which planner is this?