Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«17 »
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Read the guides, and Don't be a Grundlecut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonRind
Apr 25, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

So is the nuclear radiation still capped in this game? I remember the game having to or else everyone would just be a green wasteland.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I haven't played CN since the massive clusterfuck that was Everyone vs the New Pacific Order, the amount of nukes that were flying then would have destroyed the world 1000 times over.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Havent played this forever. Hopefully i wont get murdered joining you guys.

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hello! Press a button!

Edgar posted:

Havent played this forever. Hopefully i wont get murdered joining you guys.

You'll get totally murdered. But you'll be able to murder 6 other people at the same time. It's months of tedious button clicking and spergy spreadsheets, but then for 3 weeks a year you get to burn down pixel-hugging nations and get people angry at you more than they should be for a dumb game.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

jumba posted:

You'll get totally murdered. But you'll be able to murder 6 other people at the same time. It's months of tedious button clicking and spergy spreadsheets, but then for 3 weeks a year you get to burn down pixel-hugging nations and get people angry at you more than they should be for a dumb game.

Less than 5 minutes a day during those tedious months, and you can amuse yourself beating up unprotected wimps for their resources.

TsarZiedonis
Apr 10, 2009

Oh, hey! I'm in TORN because one of my roommates in college was in TORN and I guess I never left. I can't say I know what's really going on or why we are at war, but I logged in the other day and was told I needed to attack some dudes in TOP. My nation is coming up on seven years old, and honestly I've spent the last five years checked out and just collecting every two weeks.

My alliance is fairly dead, and I get the feeling most alliances left in the game are pretty much hollowed out shells of what they used to be. A year or two ago Duckroll was actually good at war and could boast of some pretty decent activity rates. Now, ah, well, lets just way we aren't so coordinated, from what I can see.

I also found it strange that we're at war with TOP, I remember them being pretty cool dudes, back in the day when I was in the weird 15 year old internet libertarian club (Fifth Column Confederation, how I miss you). Oh, and are we really fighting to defend NPO, because when I was like 16 I *hated* those guys and pretty much thought they were Hitler.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

It's ok I am trying to convince the entire player base that GOONS/Doomhouse wants a world with no rules like the one they are making and that this was all just a clever trap by us.
Good luck trying to convince those dregs of anything the player-base for this game is probably dumber than the regular eve player.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TsarZiedonis posted:

Oh, hey! I'm in TORN because one of my roommates in college was in TORN and I guess I never left. I can't say I know what's really going on or why we are at war, but I logged in the other day and was told I needed to attack some dudes in TOP. My nation is coming up on seven years old, and honestly I've spent the last five years checked out and just collecting every two weeks.

My alliance is fairly dead, and I get the feeling most alliances left in the game are pretty much hollowed out shells of what they used to be. A year or two ago Duckroll was actually good at war and could boast of some pretty decent activity rates. Now, ah, well, lets just way we aren't so coordinated, from what I can see.

I also found it strange that we're at war with TOP, I remember them being pretty cool dudes, back in the day when I was in the weird 15 year old internet libertarian club (Fifth Column Confederation, how I miss you). Oh, and are we really fighting to defend NPO, because when I was like 16 I *hated* those guys and pretty much thought they were Hitler.

Defect to GOONS. You know you want to do it. Feel alive again, setting your former "allies" on fire, if you haven't really cared for 5 years they mean nothing to you.

TsarZiedonis
Apr 10, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Defect to GOONS. You know you want to do it. Feel alive again, setting your former "allies" on fire, if you haven't really cared for 5 years they mean nothing to you.

I can't say I would feel good about doing that. What about after the war?

e: I'm awful at fighting in my NS range because I'm at about 1:2 tech:infra right now. I'm not particularly desirable. I've got >$5B in the bank, but you can't turn that into more tech.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

You could also defect and go into PM, then help with rebuilding and whatnot. Or attack an allied alliance while still flagged as your old one. Plenty of options for screwing around.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TsarZiedonis posted:

e: I'm awful at fighting in my NS range because I'm at about 1:2 tech:infra right now. I'm not particularly desirable. I've got >$5B in the bank, but you can't turn that into more tech.

You could, or go to peace mode and defect, or Gather tears with a sudden but inevitable betraying... or gather information for us as you leave.

TsarZiedonis
Apr 10, 2009

I wouldn't want to gently caress over some of my friends like that. Anyways, I can tell you everything from the private section of our forums right now: Pictures of scantily clad English models, most recent post Nov 2012. This alliance, like CN itself, is deeaadddddd

That's probably not fair, because I am sure some people are still kicking around on the IRC, I've just stopped checking that years ago.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TsarZiedonis posted:

I wouldn't want to gently caress over some of my friends like that. Anyways, I can tell you everything from the private section of our forums right now: Pictures of scantily clad English models, most recent post Nov 2012. This alliance, like CN itself, is deeaadddddd

That's probably not fair, because I am sure some people are still kicking around on the IRC, I've just stopped checking that years ago.

If your alliance is that dead maybe just leave it?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I PITY THE PUCK!

I'm in MK, but I don't know if GOONS would be more fun, I mean I'm already at war, and I'd like to think that we're pretty good allies.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

elmer fud posted:

I'm in MK, but I don't know if GOONS would be more fun, I mean I'm already at war, and I'd like to think that we're pretty good allies.

There isn't really much difference between MK Umb and GOONS as it is.

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

There isn't really much difference between MK Umb and GOONS as it is.
Yeah. We basically represent the three tiers in any normal alliance.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

As a idiot who joined yesterday I want to say that if your tempted join up, this game really promotes teamplay amongst people of an equal level range so me and the other influx of new players yesterday could do with some more friends!

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

It's been a couple years since I last played the game. It was kind of boring last time, but hopefully being better than everyone else will make things more fun!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Giving this a shot. Just applied.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Isn't this the game where one of the goon leaders got laid so they wouldn't blow her alliance apart? Join now goons, you might finally get laid from a game.

goolancer
Jul 5, 2004

I played this game a few years ago, joined the goon squad because I was promised lots of opportunities for trolling. First thing I did was launch some missiles at some random shitlord. Was immediately berated and had my country destroyed by goons for not doing my "due diligence" or some other bullshit. Lame.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Verbal posted:

I played this game a few years ago, joined the goon squad because I was promised lots of opportunities for trolling. First thing I did was launch some missiles at some random shitlord. Was immediately berated and had my country destroyed by goons for not doing my "due diligence" or some other bullshit. Lame.

Because the random shitlord was paying tribute to our friends who want to help us wreck the game. No chance of that WARTIME IS NOW plenty of targets, come back and learn to not be so poo poo like you were.

Hajj Podge
Aug 4, 2009

TsarZiedonis posted:

You guys are at war with TOP because IRON canceled on them a few months back. You can read their reasons for dropping TOP here: http://pastebin.com/AnkgRXnA

tl;dr TOP was siding with "the enemy". Prior to that DH was trying to expand relations with DR alliances though we were essentially told to gently caress off.

TsarZiedonis posted:

With more than $5B on hand you are extremely desirable.

Hajj Podge fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2013 around 04:31

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

I'm in this stupid little loving alliance with 30 goddamn members in it. I mean, we're already in a war so it's mildly fun, but GOONS is much more appealing.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

I am now the proud leader of The Best Korea. I've never played this game but it doesn't seem too time intensive as far as games go. I hope I'm able to help in some way.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

So is this game still 6+ months of being someones 4+ peoples bitch so they can get cheap tech?

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

TsarZiedonis posted:

I am king of economic crap for the alliance, we could use you if you are willing to up your clicks per day to send aid packages to tiny goons that aren't good at spreadsheets.

ded posted:

So is this game still 6+ months of being someones 4+ peoples bitch so they can get cheap tech?

It depends on how vocal you are. Each time I've left and come back I usually get like 90mil in aid and don't even worry about tech deals. If you just join to click buttons but don't come on IRC or bitch about not getting free money on our forums then yes it will take that long.

I went nuclear in 170 days, and even then I was listening to what other people were telling me about how to build my nation, you could potentially be nuclear quicker if you didn't, and nuking tech raids that fight back is the easiest way to get tears.

Do Not Fear Jazz fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2013 around 07:57

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I am king of economic crap for the alliance, we could use you if you are willing to up your clicks per day to send aid packages to tiny goons that aren't good at spreadsheets.

It depends on how vocal you are. Each time I've left and come back I usually get like 90mil in aid and don't even worry about tech deals. If you just join to click buttons but don't come on IRC or bitch about not getting free money on our forums then yes it will take that long.

I went nuclear in 170 days, and even then I was listening to what other people were telling me about how to build my nation, you could potentially be nuclear quicker if you didn't, and nuking tech raids that fight back is the easiest way to get tears.

This is truth, I was nearly nuclear before this war and that only because I get so outside of war I basically sleep, and nothing is better than tears from nuked pixel huggers as the threads in our forums attest.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

We have such sights
to show you.
Come with us.
Taste our pleasures!

I remember CyberNations! I was on it waaay back in 2006. I got recruited by the NPO, who I believe were closely allied with GOONS. My nation fought bravely in many alliance-wide conflicts. At the time I was one of maybe about one or two hundred nations to go nuclear. In the end, with college starting, I didn't have enough time to devote to keeping my nation in pristine condition. I finally had to stop playing when a massive war broke out a few days before exams. I couldn't divert anymore brainpower, so I donated my nation to the NPO Bank. Really fun game!

OOH! I still have my old stuff from the NPO forums!

Flag:

Sig:

Ahhh... good times

Sheogorath
Mar 29, 2007

Applied last night. Had a lot of fun with similar games in the past. Is it better to do nothing until boot camp? I don't want to mess anything up.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

SoroScrew

Does it take less than 18 weeks to get started yet?

Hajj Podge
Aug 4, 2009

Sheogorath posted:

Applied last night. Had a lot of fun with similar games in the past. Is it better to do nothing until boot camp? I don't want to mess anything up.

Yes. You can get on IRC and we'll help you get started on the right track a lot faster.

TsarZiedonis
Apr 10, 2009

Is this war going to end in two weeks, or is this one of those vendetta fights where it drags on for three months?

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

LemonRind posted:

So is the nuclear radiation still capped in this game? I remember the game having to or else everyone would just be a green wasteland.

They removed the cap so basically anytime there is a war it fucks over everyones environment

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

TsarZiedonis posted:

Is this war going to end in two weeks, or is this one of those vendetta fights where it drags on for three months?

Almost certainly the latter.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

They removed the cap so basically anytime there is a war it fucks over everyones environment

Huh?

Cyber Nations posted:

Global Radiation - Global radiation is a count of all nations in the game attacked with nuclear weapons in the past 30 days. Global radiation negatively affects everyone's nation environment in the game up to level 5.00. The bonus resource radiation cleanup reduces global radiation for your nation by 50%. The current formula for global radiation is: global radiation = (total nations hit by nukes * 300) / total nations. When viewing the global radiation level either on your nation display page or on the world demographics screen you will see two numbers, for example 5.00 (7.32). The first number indicates the game capped Global Radiation Level at which your nation will not suffer negative effects from beyond the cap. The second number in parenthesis indicates the actual Global Radiation Level in the game if it were not capped.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

I was in Fark for a long time, but got sick of the game and quit. Are they still kicking?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

This sounds like it will be pretty fun. I joined up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Oct 5, 2012

Haraksha posted:

I was in Fark for a long time, but got sick of the game and quit. Are they still kicking?

Barely.

Dark Templar member here, war has been fun thus far. Only playing for casualties at this point...

«17 »