Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«17 »
Foamball
Nov 4, 2009

drat. This game is still alive? Anyone remember NAAP? gently caress Holyone to death.

I'm back to play again.

E: Your forum remember my old screen name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Rey the Great posted:

http://pastebin.com/rpsxYPAS

Essentially, the enemy discusses the wonderful tactic of ignoring our strongest nations while they get clobbered.

This is amazing.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

"A grudge over food is deeper than the ocean."

Giving it a go. Same name here as the forums registration/ruler

Humidora
Apr 10, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I've actually been playing CN since 2006 and I have no idea why. I'm one of the dregs, though

You should be like me and silently delete, without even going rogue or nuking anyone. That's how the cool kids do it.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Mixoux posted:

You should be like me and silently delete, without even going rogue or nuking anyone. That's how the cool kids do it.

cool kids don't join GOD

Perfidia
Nov 24, 2007
It's a fact!

It is pretty interesting to see people so emotionally invested in this game still. I don't think I had any real fun at all after late 2007, maybe early 2008 or so when all the cool kids vanished, but I still stayed 4 more years so I guess Kevin (?) did something right with his spreadsheets.

Mitsuo posted:

cool kids don't join GOD

Hey, how dare you besmirch the honour of the Unjust Path, buddy?

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012

I have literally no idea what to do or how this game works. I joined the forums and then I didn't go through the basic training.
Where are the pubby tears?

Sheogorath
Mar 29, 2007

Getting on IRC is the best way to learn what to do and how to proceed. There is a lot of information on the forums pertaining to a pre-war mentality and its just much simpler to hop on IRC and ask for some specific help rather than try to figure it out on your own. Also apply for a trade circle, its very useful.

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Perfidia posted:

It is pretty interesting to see people so emotionally invested in this game still. I don't think I had any real fun at all after late 2007, maybe early 2008 or so when all the cool kids vanished, but I still stayed 4 more years so I guess Kevin (?) did something right with his spreadsheets.

Hey, how dare you besmirch the honour of the Unjust Path, buddy?

Ahem. GOD was the shittiest alliance on our side in the UJW.

Schwarbage
Mar 31, 2009

GOD was founded by people from a Harry Potter fanfic forum. Yeah.

Perfidia
Nov 24, 2007
It's a fact!

Schwarbage posted:

GOD was founded by people from a Harry Potter fanfic forum. Yeah.

I would have you know that the Harry Potter reading room subsection of the old GOONS forum was pretty popular, if I remember right...

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

I will always love the messages we get during war:

quote:

Subject: RE: Spy Operation Attack
Message: Ho, you just spied away $20 mil from me. You really made me angry with this one. Stop this bull&%$@ already. My nukes make less damage than this dammit. Btw, we make estimations of how much money you've got at this moment. I estimated around $195 mil. Am I close? I also noticed you dropped from about 25k NS to 12k. I like that. Stop with this bull&%$@, tell Tacos Rule to stop nuking my rear end, and you'll be fine. Also, feel free to send him my regards, because he doesn't reply to my messages. You guys are complete trolls.

Also, it's worth mentioning a new feature has been added, you can now see exactly how much rear end you're kicking.

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011

Perfidia posted:

I would have you know that the Harry Potter reading room subsection of the old GOONS forum was pretty popular, if I remember right...
Well our current alliance leader doesn't write Bellatrix/Lily slashfic or whatever it was! There was also a furry allegory of sexual assault or something.

Perfidia
Nov 24, 2007
It's a fact!

You should probably stop trying to impress me; I am not even playing this thing so I don't actually care. But have fun and smash the bronies (do they still live?) and Polar at least.

(I think you are all too young to even rememeber what I am talking about )

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

BAD MAN

I CHASE HIM

I BITE HIM

Pissflaps Henderson checking in here, the old GOON diplomat to NPL. If I make another nation are you going to make me go through the newbie stuff again? I'll come back if you fill my aid slots with dongs and soldiers.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Pissflaps Henderson checking in here, the old GOON diplomat to NPL. If I make another nation are you going to make me go through the newbie stuff again? I'll come back if you fill my aid slots with dongs and soldiers.

All us newbies are having to do is the forum masking stuff and a short aid request, then you get a pocketful of dongs and soldiers and are let loose on the world.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Dilber posted:

Polaris is a terrible alliance, and I'm in NSO!

Saying that Polaris is a terrible alliance, and then admitting that you're a member of another terrible alliance isn't really a great thing, Dilber.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

DarkSol posted:

Saying that Polaris is a terrible alliance, and then admitting that you're a member of another terrible alliance isn't really a great thing, Dilber.
NSO are practically our blood brothers at this point. We share the fact that Kaskus, a third extremely terrible alliance, went rogue on both of us.

Minus Green
Oct 19, 2012

Humans were meant to work and sweat to earn a living. Those that try to get rich quick, or live at the expense of others, all get divine retribution somewhere along the line.

I've been interested in this game for a few months but never got into it because .
Anyway I'm in as M Green.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Sardonik posted:

NSO are practically our blood brothers at this point. We share the fact that Kaskus, a third extremely terrible alliance, went rogue on both of us.

They can still be a poo poo alliance, even though we have something in common. And let me guess, Kaskus didn't get berated for going rogue on NSO too?

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Dilber posted:

Polaris is a terrible alliance, and I'm in NSO!

Oh dilber, when will you join GOONS finally?

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Oh dilber, when will you join GOONS finally?

I tried goading him into joining years ago. All that effort to waste.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

Kaskus has made me a racist.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Dilber posted:

Kaskus has made me a racist.

So you're going to join Nordreich next?

Minus Green
Oct 19, 2012

Humans were meant to work and sweat to earn a living. Those that try to get rich quick, or live at the expense of others, all get divine retribution somewhere along the line.

While I wait for my form to go through, does it matter what my government positions are, or can I make them whatever I want?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

i cant believe you people are still playing this game jesus christ.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

CaptainJuan posted:

Not going to stop until the game is a dried up husk of what it was. (Even though I think the game is an imbalanced mess.)

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

DarkSol posted:

Not going to stop until the game is a dried up husk of what it was. (Even though I think the game is an imbalanced mess.)

I stay around in case there's an opportunity to destroy CN, namely if there's ever a point at which coordinated pressure can bring down the game permanently. gently caress going rogue, I want to see the admin's creation burn. I want to see it die a LunarWars death.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

DID YOU KNOW: In Nebraska, they raise domesticated ducks for racing!

(Speed has never killed a duck. Suddenly getting shot by a hunter during your practice runs, that's what gets you.)

~SMcD

Griefing dudes is literally the best thing to do online (next to posting.)

My CN username is 700remmaheof and the your guy's forums name is the same as my SA. So, yeah.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

CaptainJuan posted:

It costs me nothing but time, and I get to see the pubbies whine, then I feast on tears.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Mitsuo posted:

I stay around in case there's an opportunity to destroy CN, namely if there's ever a point at which coordinated pressure can bring down the game permanently. gently caress going rogue, I want to see the admin's creation burn. I want to see it die a LunarWars death.

My pixels!

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

fallin1 posted:

I was a founding member of the old >_< / \m/ alliance from the old old Unjust Path. If I had time I'd be down to reform \m/ and get back into wrecking people.

I used to play this game way back when as well. I was in \m/ and I vaguely remember doing stuff relating to some dude named Jazzy(?) who infiltrated our forums or something like that. I know I was an Admin but I don't remember why.

Anyways if you re make the alliance I might be tempted to start playing again.

Trojan
Sep 16, 2004

Best Custom Title I ever.

I'll sign up again like I do every couple of years, play for a few months, then forget to ever log in again. Your forums still have one of my accounts too! Hoorah.

TsarZiedonis
Apr 10, 2009

Hey, I was one of the top nations in LunarWars!

Which was probably indicative of how unpopular and poo poo that game was.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Samu posted:

I used to play this game way back when as well. I was in \m/ and I vaguely remember doing stuff relating to some dude named Jazzy(?) who infiltrated our forums or something like that. I know I was an Admin but I don't remember why.

Didn't most of the \m/ leadership who were worth a drat end up joining GOONS or Umbrella?

Red Harvest
Mar 13, 2007

Wait, it's Clint? Well shit.

British Voodoo volcano worshipers are ready to roll out. In as Buttlord.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Mitsuo posted:

Didn't most of the \m/ leadership who were worth a drat end up joining GOONS or Umbrella?

After we were forced to disband after the unjust war most of us just quit playing.

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Holy crap pissflaps please come back.

Samu posted:

Wasn't jazzy just a incredibly terrible \m/ember (is this still funny to do?)?

Do Not Fear Jazz fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2013 around 16:01

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

APPARENTLY NOT A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STICK TO ONE THING AT A TIME WHETHER ITS PBPS OR A SHITTY BROWSER GAME THAT I BEG MONEY FOR AND RIPPED FROM TROPICO. ALSO I LET RETARDED UKRANIANS THAT CAN'T PROGRAM AND HAVE 2000 HOURS IN GARRY'S MOD RUN MY SHIT.

I was theblitz. I caused a Great War or two when I was 16. This game is terrible. Though I DID end up condemning the Fark alliance to a year of destruction by yall, which redeems it a bit.

a bad enough dude fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2013 around 16:33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

a bad enough dude posted:

I was theblitz. I caused a Great War or two when I was 16. This game is terrible. Though I DID end up condemning the Fark alliance to a year of destruction by yall, which redeems it a bit.
Glad to see you're still kicking, I don't suppose you're willing to come back to Farkistan and wreck them from the inside again?

Also I think I have a new favorite anti-GOONS post from the game's forums:

quote:

goons talk so much sh**T. their lucky they in the color sphere of brown. they already got rolled by everyone else. not like it matter than their leader taken the worst of it all..... sorry to say sardonic put your money where your mouth is it might be better for you to keep quite. its obvious that you are the biggest looser in goons. you lost more
He sure burned me .

(Also we are not, nor have ever been, in the brown sphere.)

«17 »