Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«17 »
DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

The best part is Brehon, Emperor of NPO, had to reroll due to the war.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_...ation_ID=520850

All hail the military prowess of the NPO, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannot Find Server
Aug 13, 2008

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

What exactly is the story behind why he had to reroll? Did he get bill-locked or what?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Cannot Find Server posted:

What exactly is the story behind why he had to reroll? Did he get bill-locked or what?

He had some real life stuff going on, from what I hear.

Deki
May 12, 2008

You cannot do it. You cannot kiss the girl.

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Early on in this I decided to not rejoin CN since I still have access to Toad's Kitchen and the mercy board is public, but reading this changed that. I'm jumping in again!

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Sardonik posted:

He had some real life stuff going on, from what I hear.

I'm sure, because they would never lie to hide their ineptness.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I'm sure, because they would never lie to hide their ineptness.
I sincerely doubt they would lie about something so bland as that.

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Sardonik posted:

The incredible amount of sperginess show by the pubbies crying in those pm's in this thread point to otherwise.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Its not uncommon for alliance leaders to have horrible and tiny nations. Many of the biggest alliance leaders get rogued all the time and are usually too busy politicking to check on their nation. NpO's last Emperor, Random Interrupt, was rather infamous for being incredibly inactive on his nation.

Also:

quote:

To: hazardousdoc From: Cornelius Date: 2/20/2013 12:09:34 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your cruise missiles and managed to destroy 0 missiles. In the attack your counter spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies and your attackers identity has been publicly revealed.

Somebody missed the "spy nuke" button.

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011

Sardonik posted:

If CN history has shown anything, ever it's that NPO will lie or try to tell a half-truth about the dumbest things. See: Strategic Victory

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

Rey the Great posted:

If CN history has shown anything, ever it's that NPO will lie or try to tell a half-truth about the dumbest things. See: Strategic Victory

See: Moo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Don't be misled by these fine chaps in here. As this graph shows, posted by one of our enemies in all seriousness, we are clearly losing this war.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

hello i am your shadow how nice to meet you

Hey, you see that graph? Look at that line there. It's higher than your line! It even stayed higher for the duration of the time it took to go from the start of the graph to the end of the graph! So ha! We won this thing.

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011

Just a reminder that they need nearly 3x the nations to get that tech

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rey the Great posted:

Just a reminder that they need nearly 3x the nations to get that tech

They won't have that tech for long.

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Isotope posted:

@Do Not Fear Jazz: Not only have you repeated what I've said in my explanation posts but you have also managed to make very crude, less accurate copies of my graphs (I have been the one updating the wiki with the Sanction Race numbers). And even with your examples, not everything is being said (especially with the tech). That lost tech is over only 2 days (since I started collecting the data on the 19th). So over two days, yes, Equilibrium has not taken all that much tech from dQ.

The guy honestly has no idea how math works, as this isn't even possible. Anyways, I've begun trolling that thread until it dies:
how does math work

Criminally stylish
Dec 12, 2010

It's totally fine if you want to ride my disco-stick.

War propaganda

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

I had made a nation, even put it in Stupid Newbie, then promptly forgot about it. Then about a week or so later some opportunistic person came in and declared war, sending a notice to my email. In the past week I have done roughly 10x as much damage as has been dealt to me. I remember why I used to like playing cybernations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

A Fine propaganda.

Doctor Chaxtical
Jul 8, 2011

I am going to kill you Richard. I am literally a future president of the US.

Pretty much sums up this war. We're hugely outnumbered and somehow winning.

Oh yeah this is Chax. Hi.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

Tomahawk: Forget the Boots.

Well, the backwards rear end nation of Boondoggle has enlisted. Don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I'm buying up land, infrastructure, and tech left and right. Training be damned.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Boon posted:

Well, the backwards rear end nation of Boondoggle has enlisted. Don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I'm buying up land, infrastructure, and tech left and right. Training be damned.

Don't act like a pubbie.

Bundle of Keys
Jul 3, 2007

Boon posted:

Damnit man, we've got professional spergs telling you what buttons to push and when to do it.
But seriously, read the guides and/or ask questions in the IRC or on the forums.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Boon posted:

Infrastructure yes to a point, land not as much if at all and no no no no NO not tech. You do not need to buy tech. There are many squishy idiot nations who will happily give the gift of tech to you in a one-sided war. I have about 220 tech from raiding alone.

Read the forums, they have links to scripts you can install that make it easier to follow guides and not be a stupid pubbie.

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.

Not a spy.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

XyzzyYYZ posted:

Not a spy.

Relax, we don't have anything worth leaking at the general membership level .

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sardonik posted:

Well, I'd hope not, you keep letting palaceofhate in, and we know he's a traitor.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sardonik posted:

We don't have anything worth leaking at the upper levels either

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

Sure you do. What if everyone knows that you are racist against indonesians?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Dilber posted:

They don't already assume that as a given?

Hajj Podge
Aug 4, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

That you know of.

Doctor Chaxtical
Jul 8, 2011

I am going to kill you Richard. I am literally a future president of the US.

Dilber posted:

I'm the one that loving hates them.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

My internet connection didn't really let me look into all of that stuff earlier. Anyway, I made some posts, put my slot out their for your appropriation. My nation is open for some good 'ol Capitalist exploitation.

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

Sardonik posted:

Nor the government level.

e: fb

AtomikKrab posted:

gently caress you krab.

So who wants to be my tiny little econ slave and send lists to TOP, MK, and Umbrella for aid lists?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

If econ slave means technology for money, then yeah, I'm in.

ampinstein
Aug 25, 2003

The second coming of Hitler and Stalin, combined and put into the body of werewolf with a cold merciless robot heart!!!

I logged in here after an age and was amused to see BAPS on the alliance flowchart. I left GOONS to found BAPS years ago as a protectorate of GOONS but retired as leader due to rl taking up too much time. BAPS and GOONS went their separate ways after the Unjust War and we ended up allying with purple alliances until it eventually formed part of Anarchy Inc

After four years of flying the BAPS flag I really couldn't be arsed changing it to Anarchy, so I didn't. Another guy also did the same for reasons unknown to me. Technically we are protected by Anarchy, and went to war against MK. For me it was a chance to finally throw a nuke at someone.

It was fun to be able to deliver the radiation instead of just soaking it up. BAPS has mostly ended up on the losing side of the large scale wars and despite it's almost non-existent nature, will continue to keep this tradition going

Cybernations is a fascinating game, the politics, the drama, the hilarious declarations of war. It's remarkable how much a browser based game can become so real that every nuke you take hurts and every one that manages to get through your enemies defences makes you smile. You also gain a remarkable sense of camaraderie with the squad your fighting with. I still have fond memories of my time in GOONS Bootcamp.

So if you haven't played before, I would encourage you to sign up, train up and fight the good fight. You'll be led by the very experienced and capable Sardonik who I had the honour of fighting alongside many MOONS () ago.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

ampinstein posted:

protectorate of GOONS

BAPS was a protectorate of WOG and wog squads...not GOONS. That's right...the first and only alliance completely protected and bankrolled by squads. SA_Multicore and myself were the leaders of those squads. I distinctly remember you bastards jumping ship after UjW started. Fun times.

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

nippythefish posted:

BAPS was a protectorate of WOG and wog squads...not GOONS. That's right...the first and only alliance completely protected and bankrolled by squads. SA_Multicore and myself were the leaders of those squads. I distinctly remember you bastards jumping ship after UjW started. Fun times.

RPK was the best squad fyi

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

RPK was the best squad fyi

Yeah, because everyone remembers that one.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

Nobody remembers the Autobots. I don't even remember the roster anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do Not Fear Jazz
Feb 1, 2005

Embrace it

nippythefish posted:

Yeah, because everyone remembers that one.

Is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell.

«17 »