Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
:siren:More Mission Fun Time:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
:siren: The last CCA Mission :siren:

I know I wanted to get out one video a day this week but with having to re-record the footage for the last CCA mission due to Fraps being a shitter and causing massive slowdowns and dropped framerates, this will likely be the last video for a few weeks. I've recorded up to Mission 15 for the NSDF campaign, just need to get to the voice over work.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
Incidentally, this video showed one of the minor features of the SP Stabber that's going to be important soon; The concussion from the hit will skew the target's view more than the AT Stabber. If you equip your personal tank with dual SP Stabbers, the few remaining missions will become a lot easier.

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

hirvox posted:

Incidentally, this video showed one of the minor features of the SP Stabber that's going to be important soon; The concussion from the hit will skew the target's view more than the AT Stabber. If you equip your personal tank with dual SP Stabbers, the few remaining missions will become a lot easier.

Funny enough, both missions 13 and 14 for the NSDF are rather easy, despite being so late game. I rarely can justify building an armory or having it sit on a geyser just to outfit myself with some SP-Stabbers for a tank I am likely to lose rather quickly.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Kitty Burger posted:

Funny enough, both missions 13 and 14 for the NSDF are rather easy, despite being so late game. I rarely can justify building an armory or having it sit on a geyser just to outfit myself with some SP-Stabbers for a tank I am likely to lose rather quickly.
It's easier to justify when your focus fire is so hilariously effective that you don't end up losing that tank. Waiting for ammo refills does suck, though.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
The Armory comes in very handy for rearming and repairing in the field so that your tanks dont explode, I normally use them to fire some ammo and health ahead of me where I expect combat.

Mind you the enemy can grab that stuff just as easy as the player.

Also Flash cannons. The number one item.

BlackDog light tanks have phantom ir, Its a secondary weapon that makes you go invisible, so nope its Not a glitch.

The fury beeing the tank that he is lived so long, after running outa ammo in the first fight and you got so angry at him for being useless.

Panboy fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 25, 2014

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

Panboy posted:

The Armory comes in very handy for rearming and repairing in the field so that your tanks dont explode, I normally use them to fire some ammo and health ahead of me where I expect combat.

Mind you the enemy can grab that stuff just as easy as the player.

Also Flash cannons. The number one item.

BlackDog light tanks have phantom ir, Its a secondary weapon that makes you go invisible, so nope its Not a glitch.

The fury beeing the tank that he is lived so long, after running outa ammo in the first fight and you got so angry at him for being useless.

Yeah, I tend not to think far enough ahead to get the benefit of the armory. I really would like to show off the different weapons and in mission 15, we actually find a use for the mortar. I'm glad to know it wasn't a glitch or something where the light tanks kept disappearing on me. Come mission 16, I will make it a point to start double stacking SP-Stabbers because I am not disagreeing that they are awesome. I'm just not super good at this game.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Another use for the Armory is shooting repair pods at the Gun Tower to repair them at a fraction of their cost.
I think that if you have Flash Cannons unlocked you can upgrade the CCA gun towers, but it has been years since I last played the CCA campaign. :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Nice final mission. Shame about the AI undercutting you, but doesn't it always do that?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
This caught me by surprise on a replay years after I'd finished that campaign...but there's an alternate ending to that mission.

Build more Furies and bring them to the final battle with you. The, ah, outcome is quite different. Oh yes.

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

Loxbourne posted:

This caught me by surprise on a replay years after I'd finished that campaign...but there's an alternate ending to that mission.

Build more Furies and bring them to the final battle with you. The, ah, outcome is quite different. Oh yes.

I smell a potential bonus episode.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I take it then that changing the default loadout of tanks was something that was only added in the 2nd game?

And to be fair, the Fury WAS behind you.
A long way behind you. But still.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jul 28, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Bumping thread because archives are still hosed. (As far as I know)

What happens if you build a bunch of Furies?

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

my dad posted:

Bumping thread because archives are still hosed. (As far as I know)

What happens if you build a bunch of Furies?
They turn hostile during the final assault and the Black Dog Recycler takes the opportunity to flee.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Not only that, but the level (and entire Soviet campaign) explicitly ends with the player's death as the Furies hunt you down on foot.

The sequel implies this is the canonical outcome, too.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
The remaining NSDF missions also take this into account, so you don't even have to go into the sequel.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

The Sequel gets into differnt territory than what happened to the furys, Its interesting where they went with it if you ask me, I really wish this franchise wasnt dead, But it will never be revived because Atari made licencing impossible for anyone else. And then didn't even do anything with the licence (there was a PSP Arcade style BZ game I have never played)

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
Yeah, sorry about the lack of updates here. Things have been rather crazy and with the possibility of going back to school on the horizon, I am going to try and get the last few episodes out rather soon.

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
Welp, so much for getting those episodes out soon. I have the episodes recorded and have some free time over the next few days to get some commentary in but I'm recovering from some manner of throat infection so my voice isn't up to snuff. Would anyone mind if I shoved out one or two episodes with subtitles?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
We won't mind.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I'm cool with whatever you wanna do, Kitty Burger.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Sure.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Go ahead.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Yea Subs be good, ya could always get "LP bot" to play for ya but that seems like alota work.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I prefer your wonderfully suited radio voice to subtitles, but I do enjoy seeing this game. Whatever you decide will be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
We've waited this long, why not wait a little longer for that oddly appropriate microphone quality? I've much enjoyed it.

• Locked thread