Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's a little weird that you just bug out of the moon after two missions and head to Mars. Apparently our space program was a lot further along than anyone realized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Even if you can't see it happening, it's good to know all the stuff you set up and order around can get the mission done without you.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how the terrain slope isn't much of a prohibitive factor for getting around on foot.

Or by vehicle.

Hated that about the first Mass Effect.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how being able to hijack an enemy vehicle can turn some strategic things completely around. How high a priority does the enemy put on your commander as opposed to other units? If you're in the middle of an offensive and get popped out, can you take out the pilot of some largely undamaged enemy thing on the back ranks and keep on going, or are they going to shoot you down before you land?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Those walkers are pretty zippy, aren't they? Are we able to research new weapons and unit types, or do they just show up on a mission-by-mission basis?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I am surprised by how friggin' useless your scavengers were on that map. I like the idea of a couple of resource patches you need to be piloting personally to find, but not if it means the AI is going to be bumping into walls half the time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, I'm glad your encounter-suit form doesn't take any fall damage. All those drops, all that bouncing.

On the other hand it's pretty funny how you only have one "land from a jump" sound, so swan-diving off the top of a bluff and going over a rise a little too fast sound exactly the same.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that was a pretty interesting little challenge. And a crapton of red dots chasing you.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So that objective just... went and accomplished itself without you? Is that what I saw?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I didn't think this game had much in the way of friendly fire, but obviously that's not the case if you can get fragged by your own units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Nice final mission. Shame about the AI undercutting you, but doesn't it always do that?

• Locked thread