Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
I don't remember whether it was in this one or in Battlezone 2, but I think you can equip your gun towers with Flashes to dramatically increase their effectiveness, especially against faster targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Is it just me or are the Soviet voices much better than the American ones? The guy giving you objectives in particular is amazing, serious contender for the slimiest Russian accent I've ever heard.
The enemy always gets the coolest stuff. I ended up hijacking a lot of Soviet stuff just to see the more interesting models and hear the voices.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
Incidentally, this video showed one of the minor features of the SP Stabber that's going to be important soon; The concussion from the hit will skew the target's view more than the AT Stabber. If you equip your personal tank with dual SP Stabbers, the few remaining missions will become a lot easier.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Kitty Burger posted:

Funny enough, both missions 13 and 14 for the NSDF are rather easy, despite being so late game. I rarely can justify building an armory or having it sit on a geyser just to outfit myself with some SP-Stabbers for a tank I am likely to lose rather quickly.
It's easier to justify when your focus fire is so hilariously effective that you don't end up losing that tank. Waiting for ammo refills does suck, though.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

my dad posted:

Bumping thread because archives are still hosed. (As far as I know)

What happens if you build a bunch of Furies?
They turn hostile during the final assault and the Black Dog Recycler takes the opportunity to flee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
The remaining NSDF missions also take this into account, so you don't even have to go into the sequel.

• Locked thread