Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
The one thing that worries me about LinkedIn is discretion. If you're linked with your manager or boss, a sudden burst of activity can alert them to you looking for other jobs months before you're ready to say anything or are even sure you're leaving. I'm not quite sure how to deal with that, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

So keep it periodically up-to-date (once a month or so) and they won't ever see a big flurry of change. Not much can change between each month of your employment anyway.

I meant more joining groups of a certain area or someone who's just getting started now after this thread. It's very much a personal problem, not a criticism of LinkedIn.

VVV Thanks, I'll look into that.

Rurutia fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 4, 2013

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

Ok that's great and all but the problem is also a technical one. It doesn't let me add recruiters I have no connection to (which are all of them since I'm targeting certain areas I've never lived or studied in). The website literally tells me not to add people I don't know.

It allows you to add recruiters in the same group as you.

• Locked thread