Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Will be trying the LinkedIn approach for a while as job applications take a while to process. Just registered onto Stairmasters so that'll be interesting to see. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Got my profile sitting at a lovely 90% complete, gunning for the 50 contacts. I'm tracking down my friends, school mates, teachers, pretty much anyone I've talked to in my life but its frustrating waiting for the responses. A lot of the recommendations for companies seems to be a bit skewed for me, I've worked in a variety of different sectors like museums and children's activities but just getting the museum stuff, any pointers to get a more even selection?

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Thanks for the help guys, got a lot more contacts who I recognised by going a bit off the beaten track. Now I just gotta wait for their responses and hopefully they'll accept me.

Got an e-mail from linked in saying that I got a free month prenium membership but bizarrely enough that was not actually true. And just noticing the advice in the OP I'm not gonna bother with it.

• Locked thread