Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume that's Oklahoma.

US American states love their panhandles, I assume for marketing and tourism purposes.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Phlegmish posted:

I assume that's Oklahoma.

US American states love their panhandles, I assume for marketing and tourism purposes.

wrong, this one was for mass resettlement as part of a genocide and also slavery

(if texas poked up that far then it would enter the latitude where slavery was forbidden as part of the missouri compromise and so gave it up as indian territory)

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
apologies, it was not officially part of indian territory but rather an area of "public domain", as the resettled indians learned when they tried to own or rent land there

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Count Roland posted:

I don't think of the Dutch as an especially loud people. Well except for Amsterdam but then it's just a bunch of louts from Britain getting wasted.
They're only just on the loud side of the legend, so it really depends on who you compare them to. As mentioned, it also appears to correlate with population density to some degree, so the Dutch might not be particularly loud if you adjust for that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Over here, the Dutch are known to be, uh, 'open' and assertive. I guess it's all relative. If you're from a loud culture yourself, they probably don't stand out.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Over here, the Dutch are known to be, uh, 'open' and assertive. I guess it's all relative. If you're from a loud culture yourself, they probably don't stand out.

Blunt. Not overly tactful.

Still, not loud.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Helsinkians are not the loud Finns, Karelians are, and we've got our tentacles everywhere

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Updating my romantic escapades map of Europe, labeling the dutch as "open, loud."

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

1932 Japanese map of the world
https://earthlymission.com/japanese-stereotype-map-world-1932/

And if that's too much to poke through, I found the whole map after seeing a version somebody cropped to mainly the continental US.

Although if you poke around the larger map, the map also is very conscious about noting the outer reaches of the Liberian empire as very militarized with lots of guns, moreso than it is wary of the British or Russian empires (and potenially even unaware of the Dutch and French empires).

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

What's up with the guy with a huge forehead, struggling over the book? He's near NYC.

Lots of sports emphasis, which I don't see too much of on these stereotype sort of maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Count Roland posted:

What's up with the guy with a huge forehead, struggling over the book? He's near NYC.

Lots of sports emphasis, which I don't see too much of on these stereotype sort of maps.

looks kinda like a cross between the two hoovers (herbert and j edgar)