Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
In the interests of historical curiosity, you might want to hear a few recordings of Tolkien reading from The Fellowship of the Ring.

The poem Namarie, and the Song of Durin.

I'm pretty sure I have an MP3 of him reading from The Two Towers, too; if anyone is interested I'll try to dig it out of my archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Ynglaur posted:

What video game before 2001 had quick time?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I feel like you are taking modern cliches and judging a movie made in 1998 by things that became cliche after the movies came out. What video games were the movies copying in 1997 when it was being designed?

Die Hard Arcade (1996) would have been the obvious frontrunner, and you could make a case for Dragon's Lair/Space Ace and other 1980s laserdisc games before it. I'm not sure the QTE had turned to "cliche" yet, but it was well-established by then at least.