Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hey Everybody!

We are going to dress up and strangle some folks with the first Hitman Game: Hitman: Codename 47.

It was been quite some time since I have played this game so it may as well be a blind LP. Hitman: Codename 47 came out in 2000 and is a way better stealth game than that dumb Thief series!

That being said, I am not the best at stealth so expect a lot of murdering to take place.

If this LP goes well, I plan to continue on through the series.

EPISODES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

POST RESERVED, CHUMPS.

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010

You mention yourself this game wasn't meant to be played in widescreen, so why are you playing it like that? I don't know why you're bothering with subtitles when they're impossible to read. This really should have gone in the sandcastle first, it needs a lot of work. So does your commentary.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

While this is almost certainly a J4LP the thread title is amusing enough that I'll be nice:
Don't post your first LP without testing it in the Sandcastle first, man! No one wants to see you post a bad let's play.

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Captain Walker posted:

While this is almost certainly a J4LP the thread title is amusing enough that I'll be nice:
Don't post your first LP without testing it in the Sandcastle first, man! No one wants to see you post a bad let's play.

(This isn't my first LP).

Also, it actually didn't go in widescreen as you could tell by the bumpers on the sides. I can see the subtitles without any issue but I agree they are small. They were left on by default.

Rockin' it like 2007.

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010

Not David Cross posted:

SA generally doesn't appreciate youtube style/quality LP's. It may be your thousandth but if it's done like general youtube lp's you'll pretty much be shunned and mocked relentlessly. You should probably close this, post in the sandcastle, take the advice there and work on it, then reopen this when you've got a more polished lp. I'm trying to be kind here as you'll pretty quickly find out most others won't.

Close it, sandcastle it, reopen it when you've got something better. Or just keep it on youtube and don't bother posting them here.

vvv: Alright, well that still doesn't invalidate my advice. This seems pretty low quality.

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hampooj posted:

SA generally doesn't appreciate youtube style/quality LP's. It may be your thousandth but if it's done like general youtube lp's you'll pretty much be shunned and mocked relentlessly. You should probably close this, post in the sandcastle, take the advice there and work on it, then reopen this when you've got a more polished lp. I'm trying to be kind here as you'll pretty quickly find out most others won't.

Close it, sandcastle it, reopen it when you've got something better. Or just keep it on youtube and don't bother posting them here.

I started LP's on SA. This isn't my first account. I know how things go around here. Typically my style is that of when LP's first showed up on these forums in 2007.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hampooj posted:

This isn't his first SA LP. This is stuff he's done before.

Probably a good idea to at least run it through the sandcastle though since you're rusty duder.

Lobster_Horde
Dec 21, 2012

FEEDING FRENZY

Not David Cross posted:

You registered two days ago and have made a total of 3 posts, all in this thread. This is your first LP.

(Your most likely lovely Youtube LPs don't count here. You didn't dump them though, I'll give you that.

Never mind, I assumed wrongly. Leaving that stuff in so people can read it and laugh at me.

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lobster_Horde posted:

You registered two days ago and have made a total of 3 posts, all in this thread. This is your first LP.

(Your most likely lovely Youtube LPs don't count here. You didn't dump them though, I'll give you that.

Not David Cross posted:

I started LP's on SA. This isn't my first account. I know how things go around here. Typically my style is that of when LP's first showed up on these forums in 2007.

Here's some of the older stuff (not all the SA LP's I did) from the archive: http://lparchive.org/author/khad

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Not David Cross posted:

I don't think LPing is something that ages like wine or something. If people are telling you your stuff isn't good, you should take some advice and not pull some sort of age card.

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

gatz posted:

I don't think LPing is something that ages like wine or something. If people are telling you your stuff isn't good, you should take some advice and not pull some sort of age card.

Pulling age cards is what SA is all about, donchaknow?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

I remember watching a Khad LP once and IIRC his whole gimmick is that he's rather bad at video games. If that's executed in an entertaining fashion that's a perfectly valid stylistic choice for your pseudohobby.

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Captain Walker posted:

I remember watching a Khad LP once and IIRC his whole gimmick is that he's rather bad at video games. If that's executed in an entertaining fashion that's a perfectly valid stylistic choice for your pseudohobby.

Haha well good thing that the Khad LP gimmick/style should be very easy for me to replicate.

Edit: Too bad it is very hard to gently caress up the tutorial level but I did try my best.

I toned down my commentary because in the past, I remember being told people didn't like my yelling / over excitement. I'll bring that back next video (if this thread gets that far).

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.

Why are there lovely sidebars? We never had them in 2007.
Claiming something is supposed to be 2007 is a pretty horrible excuse to begin with, and the subtitles are pretty unreadable.

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cKnoor posted:

Why are there lovely sidebars? We never had them in 2007.
Claiming something is supposed to be 2007 is a pretty horrible excuse to begin with, and the subtitles are pretty unreadable.

Good point.

The sidebars will be gone next video. They were just there to get rid of all the black space on the sides but I can see them also being distracting. I'm also going to get rid of the subtitles that I never enabled and that the game thought were necessary.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

Nice to see you haven't changed one bit ever since your 11-year long probation, Khad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Not David Cross posted:

Good point.

The sidebars will be gone next video. They were just there to get rid of all the black space on the sides but I can see them also being distracting. I'm also going to get rid of the subtitles that I never enabled and that the game thought were necessary.

Most people are going to watch the first video before the second. Even if you promise to remove all the bad stuff from the first video in future videos, that doesn't change the fact that you still have the first video just sitting there as the first thing people will see in the thread.

I'm all for giving people another chance but you've gotta do some legwork too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You are all DOOMED

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

Nice to see you haven't changed one bit ever since your 11-year long probation, Khad.
Isn't probation dodging bannable? Or am I only thinking of perma-ban dodging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not David Cross
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Despite the fact that I have made videos like this (or even worse) in the past and did just fine, I can see that things have changed in my absence and while I understand that I have been stubborn about it, I will go ahead and close this thread and go about this as suggested.

I figured that since I had had many successful LP's in the past, I did not need to go the sandcastle route but clearly I was mistaken.

Thank you for your comments and constructive criticisms. I will return with something better.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)