Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

I'm selling a bunch of LF lenses including the goon-favourite Nikkor-SW 90/8. linky

I reckon I'll have them up here for another week and then try selling them locally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

ansel autisms posted:

have another "landscape"

Been really liking your actual land-landscapes lately. I dunno what it is, but if I came across the same scenes as you I'd probably keep walking without a clue.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

BANME.sh posted:

Been really liking your actual land-landscapes lately. I dunno what it is, but if I came across the same scenes as you I'd probably keep walking without a clue.

Thanks! I've never really shot many actual "landscapes" so I've been trying to exercise my skills a bit and make it a bit easier on myself.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Starting to really like my TLR, wish the scans from the lab I use were better. I get much sharper images with my v600, but I'm not great with the color balance, etc.

Karl Barks fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 14, 2016

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
That's some pretty bad over-sharpening from the lab. You should scan yourself, especially if you've already got a flat bed. Color balancing isn't that hard to get a passable job done on your own in a few minutes.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Yeah, they also return my 120 negative scans back to me at 1228x1228 which is pretty bad. No option for a higher res scan either. I'l have to cut the film and re-scan all this stuff, should be a good learning experience.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Picked this up for $399 from ebay with a full return policy. It has the 75/f4.5 on it, can't wait to waste even more expensive film on bad shots.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

Yeah, they also return my 120 negative scans back to me at 1228x1228 which is pretty bad. No option for a higher res scan either. I'l have to cut the film and re-scan all this stuff, should be a good learning experience.

You're in Cambridge right? Hunt's will develop a roll of c-41 120 for $6.99. The people that work there are mostly terrible but I've never had a problem with their developing. Turnaround varies from 2 days to a week though.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Thoogsby posted:

You're in Cambridge right? Hunt's will develop a roll of c-41 120 for $6.99. The people that work there are mostly terrible but I've never had a problem with their developing. Turnaround varies from 2 days to a week though.

Haha, that's where these were developed. I've been wondering if they've been skimping on my scans because I put so much film through them. The 35mm color's I get back from there are what I would consider very good, though the B+W lab they send their stuff to is terrible.

Matt and Nancy are pretty cool tho!

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

Haha, that's where these were developed. I've been wondering if they've been skimping on my scans because I put so much film through them. The 35mm color's I get back from there are what I would consider very good, though the B+W lab they send their stuff to is terrible.

Matt and Nancy are pretty cool tho!

They send their B&W stuff to Dorian, which is a pretty legit lab but I could also see them not giving a poo poo about the stuff they get in from Hunt's. I've had a handful of B&W rolls developed there and they've all been fine but I might have been lucky.

The people at the Harvard shop are mostly fine. The people at the Melrose flagship are the worst. Once they tried to give me someone else's film. I had it open and was explaining I didn't know any of the people in the pictures and I don't shoot 35mm but it took a full minute or two for the woman to believe me and go find my stuff.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
My photo shop in Brooklyn is run by an old Korean couple with only sort of decent english and when I used to get scans done the wife would hand me the box and say "Good photo!". I knew she was lying but I appreciated it :unsmith:.

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 14, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Thoogsby posted:

They send their B&W stuff to Dorian, which is a pretty legit lab but I could also see them not giving a poo poo about the stuff they get in from Hunt's. I've had a handful of B&W rolls developed there and they've all been fine but I might have been lucky.

The people at the Harvard shop are mostly fine. The people at the Melrose flagship are the worst. Once they tried to give me someone else's film. I had it open and was explaining I didn't know any of the people in the pictures and I don't shoot 35mm but it took a full minute or two for the woman to believe me and go find my stuff.

They told me they recently (like last 3-4 months) switched to a different B+W lab because the lab they were using didn't want to take B+W orders anymore. Not sure if that was Dorian. Lol at the Melrose shop, I haven't ventured over there yet. I just wish their website wasn't so terrible.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

1228x1228px for a scan is loving shameful. 4 inch print at 300dpi.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Picked this up for $399 from ebay with a full return policy. It has the 75/f4.5 on it, can't wait to waste even more expensive film on bad shots.

looks better than mines does, now spend all your remaining money on slide film

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ezekiel_980 posted:

looks better than mines does, now spend all your remaining money on slide film

And then go into debt to develop it

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Awkward Davies posted:

And then go into debt to develop it

That's an accurate description of my life.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Develop
Your
Own
B&W

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Just got this today:

It's the GSW690 with a 65mm lens and it's only got 97 on it's counter. Normally I'd think the counter rolled over, but it looks brand new still so either someone treated it better than any camera I ever had or it's the real count :toot:

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
That's 970 shots right? Looks great. Upcoming trip to Memphis means my GW690 rides again shortly.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Ugh, as soon as I don't have bills to pay I'm getting a 6x9.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

Awkward Davies posted:

My photo shop in Brooklyn is run by an old Korean couple with only sort of decent english and when I used to get scans done the wife would hand me the box and say "Good photo!". I knew she was lying but I appreciated it :unsmith:.

Accurate Photoshop? I go there too, Connie and Tony are the best.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

eggsovereasy posted:

Just got this today:

It's the GSW690 with a 65mm lens and it's only got 97 on it's counter. Normally I'd think the counter rolled over, but it looks brand new still so either someone treated it better than any camera I ever had or it's the real count :toot:

Fuji 6x9 supremacy. I'll be interested to see your shots with the wide version, the 90mm is the sweet spot for me.

Can't wait to shot a roll with the GW690 again, its only been 6 weeks, but the trigger finger is getting itchy.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Breadnought posted:

Accurate Photoshop? I go there too, Connie and Tony are the best.

Yeah! They're super nice. It's the best place in Brooklyn IMO. I went to Enla before they retired and it closed :(

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The SP-445 developer tank Kickstarter seems to finally have ironed out all the production issues. I got the shipping address survey today, looking forward to getting the tank.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

eggsovereasy posted:

Just got this today:

Oh man I've never seen one with a 65mm before. Was it a lot more than one with a 90? Some of the fuji interchangeable RF lenses are pretty expensive from what I've seen on ebay.

Edit: nope, not by much

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 15, 2016

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
C'mon you posers, who's gonna be the first to man the gently caress up and buy a GL690? :unsmigghh:

VelociBacon posted:

Decent deal on my favorite camera and my favorite one-lens kit for it. Be sure to shoot a test roll before that policy expires just in case.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

C'mon you posers, who's gonna be the first to man the gently caress up and buy a GL690? :unsmigghh:

Decent deal on my favorite camera and my favorite one-lens kit for it. Be sure to shoot a test roll before that policy expires just in case.

Doesn't seem that it's all that much heavier than the 67?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any useful guides on preparing a photo for printing? Printing a photo for my dads birthday and I haven't done it before.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Calibrate your monitor, readjust if necessary, and dust like crazy. I prefer matte paper (reflections are distracting, IMO) but paper really is up to you.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I am selling my Mamiya C220 kit (3 lenses, prism finder) in the buy/sell thread. Come take advantage of the struggling Canadian dollar.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Took the GSW690 out over the weekend :dance:

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Someone started Part 3 of this thread! This one's still pretty small; are we migrating or just keeping both threads alive for a while?

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Edit: Awwwwwwwkwarrrrddd

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This thread is dead. Updated thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783287&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=14

• Locked thread