Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

Primo Itch posted:

The thing for me is, I'm in Brazil and anything film related is ridiculously expensive around here (I'm talking 20USD for a roll of 35mm tri-x), so i'm thinking about using the trip to buy a MF camera (and TONS of film).

I can't help with the camera, but I'm in Aus and I buy my film from maco. Just remember to subtract ~20% since you aren't paying tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

QPZIL posted:

6x6
Pros: God's true chosen format, amazing, wonderful, great, unique, special, loved

Objectively the coolest film format there is. You can crop if you want and still get awesome results, and you have some of the best camera systems money can buy. Also the cheapest! Also... the most expensive. Let's take a look at a few.

Hasselblad V-series (500c shown):

I know everyone is going to want their pet camera mentioned, but where is the 200 series? And you should hang your head in shame for not giving it some love. Fully compatible with and has all the features of the 500 series with some awesome party tricks like a focal plane shutter giving higher speeds, impossible to lock, multi-exposure as standard, choice of either 500 series or 200 series lenses (200 series don't have a shutter so are slightly less error prone and often cheaper)... I don't know why anyone would choose a 500 over a 200.
Just don't get a 1000 or 1600 - they are the progenitors of the 200 and feature a foil shutter that breaks whenever you look at it wrong, and the camera is a write-off. 200's have silk shutters that are very tough.

edit: good write-up. I vote that your post be put into dorkasaurus' reserved 2nd post. I got into MF because of the OP of the last thread and your write-up is too good to be on page 2

Captain Postal fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 9, 2013

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007
the 200 has both leaf and focal plane. 2 shutters. By your logic it owns and then some. :colbert:

evil_bunnY posted:

They just tend to be more expensive (at least they were last time I looked).
I don't think this is the thread to worry about price. Mine is pristine condition and was ~$900 with a 150/2.8, wlf and one A12 back

Captain Postal fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 9, 2013

• Locked thread