Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Because I'm getting in on the first page, I just want to plug my own favorite camera: Fuji GW690.

it's like $500 (for GW690II) with a single fixed lens. It's stupid simple to use, a rangefinder, and amazing glass with 6x9cm negs. The last photo was shot at f/8 for some perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Yeah, that's what I posted what I did. Also, no one really seems to like 645 here, which I think is still a nifty format for being cheap and still getting enough of the MF feel (DOF & tones). I use a Pentax 645N, which has glass compatible with the older generation (645) and now the Pentax 645D, digital (a rather cheap ~$9k).

It even comes with analog exif data!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Primo Itch posted:

Thanks, I'll do some research on the moskva.

The thing for me is, I'm in Brazil and anything film related is ridiculously expensive around here (I'm talking 20USD for a roll of 35mm tri-x), so i'm thinking about using the trip to buy a MF camera (and TONS of film).

if I were still in LA (where i'd just swing by samy's), i'd volunteer to get cash from you w/ paypal and then go buy stuff and ship to ya. i'm sure someone in the forums who can help out if you're not making a trip for any other reason.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Fuji also makes the GS680, which is an absurdly large and surprisingly electronic camera for (generally) landscape & architectural use.

I almost bought it - but then decided it was too large to be practical.

I then bought an RZ67 (and resold it back to KEH a year later).

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 9, 2013

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

i broke even on a body, 2 lenses, and 2 backs though i sold one lens on the forums.

the funny thing is i ruined the camera. i was shooting here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/pfeiffer-beach-big-sur , and it was so windy that the inside of my fuji and RZ turned into the saharah as my face was sandblasted. both cameras stopped functioning. i was able to repair the fuji myself and the RZ was shot. it worked briefly after a diagnostic cleaning but then failed shortly thereafter.

i went to a KEH buy-back night and told them it was non-operable, but the camera decided to work again right then and i got paid well.

of course my pentax K7 kept working without a hitch :smug:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Phase One H20 back for sale for $850: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pho/3663319790.html

Should I do it? I dunno what I'd buy to use it with? I have a 4x5 view camera though I don't know if there's an adapter out there for it.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

that sounds ominous. does it not have an SD/CF card slot?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

well forget that then :smith:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

so, uh, i put in $99 for the 90mm one. now something tells me i won't be able to find a lens for it under like $500 because the market in LF glass will actually dry up.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

a foolish pianist posted:

The dorkroom must be filled with tiny people. The RB isn't that big, and it's a good size and shape for carrying.

uh huh. i sold back my RZ after a year. it was pretty drat impractical even though it was manageable. i'm pretty certain it was designed to be a studio camera, too?

anyway so i wont be posting much here this summer. dont have my desktop around so no scanning or editing. i accidentally got a cd when i had a roll dev'd from my fuji gw690, though:

the quality seems better than my v500 at home. too bad its still not worth it.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

psh my 69 is 3.2 lb :smug:

Paul MaudDib posted:

... for some big, heavy, possibly meterless camera.

I haven't used a meter in years and it hasn't mattered - even with slide. Then again theyre personal snapshots and not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

MrBlandAverage posted:

Focal plane shutters :rolleyes:

a few lenses have em. i almost got one for my p645. i dont think theres that much of a markup on em when i checked?

e: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-SMC-Takumar-6x7-90mm-f2-8-Leaf-Shutter-lens-Pentax-6x7-67-MLU-67II-/400488770886 dunno if thats ok for p67 glass? probably a bit more expensive i guess

• Locked thread