Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Got my first 2 rolls back from my Yashica C, as well as trying to make use of a $25 craigslist scanner - an Epson 4490. It's a start!

First some Ektar

And some Ektachrome that expired in 1987

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

LargeHadron posted:

Ugh, so the camera was broken. Dude didn't bother to put a battery in it until 5 minutes before meeting with me...so yeah, didn't buy it. Now I'm going to focus my efforts on finding a cheap 6x6 or 6x7.

e. Goddamnit. I was still raging a bit and I completely impulsively bought a Bronica S2A (w/ two lenses) for $200 on eBay. Probably should have done more research first...

I like my S2a, if it needs a CLA I've got a contact for you. I also have two BGN copies of the nikkor 200mm, I would list one in the classifieds if there is interest.

I picked up a viewfinder so I could be like this guy.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

I ordered on 7/4 and received an email from them about 15 minutes ago. Long flocking lead time :zoid:

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Geektox posted:

Anybody has an idea of what I could do to fix this or who I could send it off to?

You could email Frank Marshman (camerawiz@msn.com), talked to him a bit when I got my S2A. He sent me a whole list of checks to perform, maybe he will walk you through some troubleshooting.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

You are a cool dude and I can't wait to get my negs back. My last shot was a of a cat so I'm not concerned.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Yeah, for a low investment intro to 120 the Yashicas are pretty good. If you have an active craigslist, search for Mark Hama's name as he is the guy for CLA. I got my C from a user here, serviced, for $125 and I love it. It's a joy to take out and shoot street with as it weighs very little and people go gaga over it.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

KGW690_TriX800_1stRoll008-Edit
by Bud_lish, on Flickr

Scanned my first roll through a new to me GW690. Really enjoying it so far, and its going with me to Hawaii in a month!

Also first time shooting Tri-X at 800 and finally seeing some nice grain.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Ke'anae Point Cove
by bud_lish, on Flickr

Maui is a nice place to shoot and be in general. I took my Sekonic L-358 there.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Those are awesome, welcome back! And thank you for helping me decide what to scan next, I've got 3 rolls of ektar from my fuji waiting in the drawer.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Awkward Davies posted:

Dork (or other NYC goons): where do you get your stuff processed?

I send my 120 to Vista CRC Imaging, $6.40 for E-6. I've been happy with their work and turn around times. They are not great for 35mm though.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Scan everything

I'm working on it!
Got through 3 rolls of Ektar
From my test roll on the GW690:

GW690_Ektar_Somerville001-Edit-4
by Bud, on Flickr

And 2 from Maui:

GW690_IEktar_Maui008-Edit-3
by Bud, on Flickr

GW690_Ektar_Haleakala002-Edit-8
by Bud, on Flickr

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Mido posted:

These are lookin good but I especially dig what you got out of Ektar on that first shot

Thanks! That was lunchtime with a work buddy and it was one of maybe two decent shots in terms of exposure. Midday sun and Ektar are not on friendly terms.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

20151105-TriX_GW690_Hawaii001
by Bud, on Flickr

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Buy one and shoot a little less. I love mine.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Spedman posted:

Yep its great, I've used it on trips to the US a couple of times, about the same weight as a FF DSLR and will fit in the same sized bag.

Agreed, just got done lugging mine around New Orleans for 5 days. I threw a thin strap on it and when its hanging to the side I use it as an arm rest.

Bud fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

That's 970 shots right? Looks great. Upcoming trip to Memphis means my GW690 rides again shortly.

• Locked thread