Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

I just tried what the man says in this video and it works way better than what I was doing, which was using curves only.

2013-629 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

2013-673 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

I'm working out the bugs with shifting a sensor around to cover a larger format. This is about 10cm wide. I used a magnifying glass for a lens and stitched all the bits together. The lens stayed in position and didn't move. I just slid a sensor around the film plane.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

2013-674 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

This was taken with my setup. It works out to a 4" sensor.

Edit: Maximum Bokeys!

2013-675 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

TomR fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 1, 2013

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

2013-680 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

The original output was over 15,000 pixels wide. The detail is amazing. I stopped the lens down to f/16 for this one. My next step is to make a bag bellows that goes around the camera instead of a shirt.

I reoriented the horizontal rail so it takes the load better and works much more smoothly.

2013-679 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

I made a thread on LFF if you want to have a read. http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?102853-I-made-a-4-quot-digital-back-and-you-can-too

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
It's not too bad. I made the above photo from 36 exposures, so something like 1 or 2 minutes. It takes longer to frame and focus the shot. Also there is computer time for the stitching. I messed with it for about half an hour, but it doesn't have to take that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
The front standard is on the rail the way it normally is. I removed the rear standard and bellows. The macro rail is held by a 90 angle bracket which is clamped to the rail. I have another 90 bracket holding the other part of the rail to the first part. Everything uses 1/4" bolts, the same as the screw that is on the bottom of most cameras to mount them on tripods. I used a sweatshirt as a bag bellows for now. I will make a proper bag later. I would like to make a better mount for everything. What I have is crude, but it works. The one thing I watched for was to make sure the DSLR was lined up with the lens when the rails are at their mid points and no movements are applied to the front standard.

I hope that makes some kind of sense. I've got a bad cold and can't think.

• Locked thread