Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«94 »
Jakio
Oct 1, 2006
Mexican Goon

He also publish a manifesto accusing the LAPD of corruption and injustificate firing.

manifesto: http://ktla.com/2013/02/06/read-chr.../#axzz2KBNQ3fxg
first killings (daughter of his former boss and the daughter's fiance): http://www.ocregister.com/news/lawr...quan-belou.html

Best parts of the manifesto.

quote:

Terminating officers because they expose a culture of lying, racism (from the academy), and excessive use of force will immediately change. PSB can not police their own and that has been proven. The blue line will forever be severed and a cultural change will be implanted. You have awoken a sleeping giant.

quote:

Hopefully you analyst have done your homework. You are aware that I have always been the top shot, highest score, an expert in rifle qualifications in every unit Iíve been in. I will utilize every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordnance, and survival training Iíve been given.
Do you know why we are unsuccessful in asymmetrical and guerrilla warfare in CENTCOM theatre of operations? Iíll tell you. Itís not the inefficiency of our combatant commanders, planning, readiness or training of troops. Much like the Vietnam war, ACM, AAF, foreign fighters, Jihadist, and JAM have nothing to lose. They embrace death as it is a way of life. I simply donít fear it. I am the walking exigent circumstance you created.

quote:

I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, Iím terminating yours. Quan, Anderson, Evans, and BOR members Look your wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to why your children are dead.

So, I wonder if the charges against him were legit or it was just the LAPD covering their own tracks, still, we should hope that they stop this crazy before he hurts more people.

Edit: The name of the killer is Christopher Dorner, he has killed at least 3 people, and injured at least 2 other cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
I HAVE A MAN CRUSH ON YOU TOO, YOU LOVABLE FAGGOT!

Holy crap, this sounds like a movie villan. Regardless his actions are going to land him in prison eventually(unless he kills himself), then he's boned from there on out. Will prisoners make nice with a cop who killed other cops or treat him like a cop regardless?

Even so, why go after families? What does it accomplish other than to anger and distress those who he disagrees with?

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

This will be incorporated into a television drama in 3, 2, 1...

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

Well, this reads like an episode of Criminal Minds.

That's pretty loving terrifying.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

Holy poo poo.

32MB OF ESRAM
Feb 28, 2007

i am literally unit-01

article posted:

Dorner had complained in his lawsuit that his field training officer had in July 2007 unnecessarily kicked an unruly suspect trespassing at the Doubletree Hotel in San Pedro. But the LAPD board found that Dorner's "complaint was false and therefore terminated his employment for making false statements," the court ruling says.

This is why he was fired. Maybe that blue line does need to be broken.

Daysvala
Mar 11, 2012

ACanofPepsi posted:

'heh'

This man is basically Judge Dredd.

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

onemanlan posted:

Even so, why go after families? What does it accomplish other than to anger and distress those who he disagrees with?

Straight-out terrorism.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

Can Denzel Washington play the federal agent with a dark past that brings him down in a climatic rooftop scene?

Jakio
Oct 1, 2006
Mexican Goon

rereading the manifesto he says that he owns at least 1 high powered sniper rifle, and he also boasts of having severe military training, so looks like we will have a rerun of the Beltway Sniper Attacks.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incredible easy to suck my own dick. Turns out you don't need to remove a rib after all.

Jakio posted:

rereading the manifesto he says that he owns at least 1 high powered sniper rifle, and he also boasts of having severe military training, so looks like we will have a rerun of the Beltway Sniper Attacks.

The beltway sniper attacks were the work of two partners, and the rifle used was neither high powered nor a "sniper rifle." Other than the part about wanting to kill people there just isn't any parallel.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Alright, who set my homepage to hornycripples.com?

quote:

Regardless his actions are going to land him in prison eventually

Hahaha you aren't American are you. This guy will never live to see the inside of a courtroom and he knows it.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

This Guy's Neighbor posted:

"He was a nice guy," Serrano said. "He was polite. He would wave to you."

Note to self, wave to people, that way they won't think you are a serial killer.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

onemanlan posted:

Regardless his actions are going to land him in prison eventually(unless he kills himself)

He's going to get shot to death.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

The scary thing is going to be if he still has the LAPD uniform. He could easily, EASILY pick a random minority to toss a beating to in public and try to start up a rerun of Rodney King. Then he disapears and while the city is going nuts, assumes his goal of killing cops. You'd have a harder time distinguishing his kills from random killings during a riot.

He's somewhat intelligent, motivated and according to him he has the skillset to do some damage. This isn't going to end well at all.

Radish
Aug 13, 2003

not so ruff onichan

I'm honestly surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Starving Wolf posted:

Can Denzel Washington play the federal agent with a dark past that brings him down in a climatic rooftop scene?
You kidding? Alonzo Harris is the kind of cop this guy would target.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

THRESHOLD!!!

Radish posted:

I'm honestly surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

This time they pissed off a guy without a family.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Alright, who set my homepage to hornycripples.com?

quote:

The scary thing is going to be if he still has the LAPD uniform. He could easily, EASILY pick a random minority to toss a beating to in public and try to start up a rerun of Rodney King.
The rogue cop in question is black.

quote:

This time they pissed off a guy without a family.
He lived with his mother.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

THRESHOLD!!!

Oracle posted:

quote:

I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, Iím terminating yours.

Moms don't count.

Sperg Some More
Nov 11, 2012

Tempest815 posted:

The scary thing is going to be if he still has the LAPD uniform. He could easily, EASILY pick a random minority to toss a beating to in public and try to start up a rerun of Rodney King.

Somehow I don't think this is going to happen.

ass is my canvas
Jun 7, 2003

comin' down the street

Local news KTLA 5 was showing earlier via helicopter, a scene in Torrance involving two different trucks/shootouts within a few blocks of each other. One involved a Torrance police car seemingly involved in a crash with one of the trucks (which had bullet holes in the drivers side windshield). The other was a truck with a ton of bullet holes in the rear that was said to have involved officers from Hollywood (LAPD). Hopefully the guy... if not it's going to be a crazy, crazy day in L.A.

Edit: I'm hearing it's related. They may have shot up some poor newspaper delivery guy it seems.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

Oracle posted:

I believe that counts as motive for a shooting spree.

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr

It's too bad this guy is just a psychopathic serial killer, because his motivations are actually pretty spot on. If he had dedicated the rest of his life to uncovering police corruption instead of killing people, he might have made an actual difference. Especially since not giving a gently caress means he could resort to some shady measures that actually turn up a lot of evidence.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.

I like how the further you get down the manifesto, names that were replaced with an XXXXX are no longer redacted.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

PlantRobot posted:

This will be incorporated into a television drama in 3, 2, 1...

Southland, Season 5.

Holy poo poo indeed.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

HE IS GLISTEN

The sad thing is I agree with his initial premise. The LAPD is ridiculously corrupt and horrible, one of the worst in the country. Unfortunately he's just as corrupt and horrible. Instead of taking the "whistleblowing crusader" route, he decided to take some movie villain approach to things like he's living in a goddamned movie. The manhunt is all over KNX 1070.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

GOIN' MOG WILD HERE, KUPO!

I think this guy really loved The Rock. I'm surprised his manifesto didn't detail who should play him in the sequel.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

a top top lad posted:

I like how the further you get down the manifesto, names that were replaced with an XXXXX are no longer redacted.

Yeah, it's like they just went, 'Meh, this is too hard, to Hell with it.'

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

Moosechees posted:

It's too bad this guy is just a psychopathic serial killer, because his motivations are actually pretty spot on. If he had dedicated the rest of his life to uncovering police corruption instead of killing people, he might have made an actual difference. Especially since not giving a gently caress means he could resort to some shady measures that actually turn up a lot of evidence.

He tried doing the uncovering corruption thing and got fired. Now that he's not a cop he would just end up dead.

Radish
Aug 13, 2003

not so ruff onichan

ChairMaster posted:

He tried doing the uncovering corruption thing and got fired. Now that he's not a cop he would just end up dead.

Pretty much. There's that story of the cop who tried whistle blowing and would have been screwed if he didn't have to foresight to hide a tape recorder in his home when the other police came knocking.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

The sad thing is I agree with his initial premise. The LAPD is ridiculously corrupt and horrible, one of the worst in the country. Unfortunately he's just as corrupt and horrible. Instead of taking the "whistleblowing crusader" route, he decided to take some movie villain approach to things like he's living in a goddamned movie. The manhunt is all over KNX 1070.
Hard to whistle blow when the organization that's supposed to protect whistle blowers doesn't & then uses his whistle blowing incident to fire him.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

OBVIOUS CAGE PLANT SPOTTED

ACanofPepsi posted:

Yet when officers kick suspects in the head multiple times (on video I might add) they just get demoted. LAPD is definitely covering for something. Or nobody liked the guy and this was their excuse.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah, same here.
The LAPD is corrupt as gently caress, and I've never had a good experience with them. I've lived here most my life, and have been threatened by cops on at least three occasions I can remember.
But man going nuts and shooting a bunch of people is a pretty stupid way to try and bring light to the situation.

WORST FORUMS GUY
Apr 2, 2011

Best news to come out of the LAPD in years.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Black Baby Goku posted:

The best news would be the firing of Charlie Beck.

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-shootings.html

Way to go proving some of his manifesto true, LAPD

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yeah its totally great that an innocent couple who had nothing at all to do with police corruption are dead.

Regardless of how you feel about cops this is beyond hosed up.

Oz Fox
Jan 18, 2005

Jeez, I'm from Riverside and it seems like the place has been in the news nonstop these past few months. The intersection where the shooting went down was pretty close to where I used to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WORST FORUMS GUY
Apr 2, 2011

berserker posted:

Yeah its totally great that an innocent couple who had nothing at all to do with police corruption are dead.

Regardless of how you feel about cops this is beyond hosed up.

Yeah, it's not like cops don't normally kill innocent people on a daily basis. Sometimes while claiming to have been reaching for a taser and not their gun. Right? Right.

«94 »