Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Deltasquid posted:

EDIT: I have one gripe though, every time I launch the game, the launcher decides I want to play in French and I have to change it before launching the game. Both steam and my OS are in English so I guess my game goes "oh you live in Belgium? Guess you speak French then" which might be true but I'd still like the launcher to remember my last settings in English. Unless there's a toggle I'm overlooking somewhere?

Erm, that's really weird. I'll have to ask about it on Monday. I didn't write the launcher, but I think the game should ask your operating system when it first starts what language you prefer, but after that it should remember what you choose and use that...

Also, one of the Beta Testers has posted a massive post on how to counter Juggernaut spam:

http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/dont-panic-how-to-fight-juggernauts-massed-or-otherwise-on-a-budget/

THS posted:

Gerblyn - I don't know how you Dutch fucks managed to do it, but ya'll made the best 4x game in a decade. And it's not full of bugs. This is an amazing piece of work, thanks.

Thanks! I don't often respond to posts like this, but I do read and appreciate each one, and pass the messages on to the guys at work. As for how we do it :350: I have no idea :3:

Gerblyn fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Anyone had any luck scripting anything in the Map Editor? I tried to play around with it a little, but without being able to open the developer maps, it makes making anything more than a simple melee map kinda intimidating. Looking through all the awesome items does make me sad that I've found like six swords of backstabbing and only one of the other very rare items (a mostly useless ring of invisibility).

There's a ton of really cool mounts too, I don't know why the rng is so insistent on giving you unicorns when there's multiple spider mounts, manticores, dragons, and a bunch of other nifty stuff.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Roguelike posted:

There's a ton of really cool mounts too, I don't know why the rng is so insistent on giving you unicorns when there's multiple spider mounts, manticores, dragons, and a bunch of other nifty stuff.

The RNG is too clever for it's own good in this case. It tries to match the value of your reward to the strength of the enemies you defeated. There is randomness there, but due to the limited variety in defender strengths, some items never get picked. We have a case to try and fix it, hopefully for the next patch. You're right about it being a pity, we have over 100 items and only 10-20 ever seem to drop. I was playing on one map and I managed to get 3 shields of static shield (they drop from Pirates nests on the water).

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
:haw: I finally won! Whew! Thank god you don't have 'beat everyone' as an objective, the thought of it makes me shudder - it was a constant struggle just to survive long enough without losing cities and continue producing enough units to defend/go out and beat up independents for resources, until the stars aligned and you had the hero with the capture stick run into the enemy leader with an army big enough to beat the enemy leader, overwhelmingly enough that your leader could run in and melee him to apply the capture debuff, and then escape alive. Twice.

Gerblyn posted:

I'll have to check with someone on Monday, but that sounds like a bug. AFAIK imprisoning Saridas should make him surrender to you in some way...

Edit: I can't PM you, could you maybe upload a save to dropbox and post a link? If you broke the scripting we could take a look and see why Saridas is still fighting.
This one fixed itself, fortunately - his armies stop attacking you when he respawns in your prison, not when he dies - this takes a couple turns, and each turn is very long on this map, so it was a little while.

quote:

That's awesome. Could you screenshot your leader's hero panel? Beta Testers reported you could get a hero capable of soloing Multiple Tier 4s, but I never managed it myself. I'm curiosu to see what it takes.
Here's the damage,

And here's the resistances.

...looking at those screenshots, I just realized won 48 turns in - it felt like three times that length, hah.

The main thing is though multiple T4s completely solo would have been very difficult for anything but a juggernaut (or shrine of smiting, for that matter, considering my immunities! But I never got to test that). Juggernauts fire mortars once at range, and then when you get in melee range, if you're solo, can only use a single weak ram attack that doesn't cause retaliation, so you can use 3x sabotage every single turn.

I got the secret spell 'greater healing rain' from an abandoned wizard tower (multiple eldritch horrors, blech), which helped a lot at making this safe - since it was an infinite duration aoe heal on random targets, and with only a single unit it's a guaranteed 12 heal for you every turn, and unlike normal healing rain it doesn't heal enemies.

... I kinda wish I found a second one of those 40% phys resist rings. A 100% phys resist, 100% fire resist, 60% shock resist, 40% frost resist demigod :swoon:. I could probably cap out more if I gave a better mount to him but I only had two endgame tier mounts, a giant spider and a nightmare, and I let the more fragile heroes ride them.

Gerblyn posted:

The RNG is too clever for it's own good in this case. It tries to match the value of your reward to the strength of the enemies you defeated. There is randomness there, but due to the limited variety in defender strengths, some items never get picked. We have a case to try and fix it, hopefully for the next patch. You're right about it being a pity, we have over 100 items and only 10-20 ever seem to drop. I was playing on one map and I managed to get 3 shields of static shield (they drop from Pirates nests on the water).

I think that some of these planned changes that help make the game extend out a bit longer with less desperate tier 4 spam will help some of these items show up more - I know that by the time I can actually take out some of the bigger indie camps to get some of the nicer items, I'm too busy fighting for my dear life to almost ever have a moment where I can not only head to a sufficiently difficult camp, but risk most of my big units to actually take them down for a variable reward that could possibly be another unicorn sire.

Edit : I also feel obligated to ask.. does the evil campaign path have a much different final mission?

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 5, 2014

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

A.C. posted:

I keep playing random maps on the 4th difficulty where apparently everyone just wants to live together in unity and all of the AI offers me peace and alliances all game long.

Meanwhile, I took a random large map with underground, 8 players and Me as an Elf Theocrat. Constant war since turn 7 when i ran into a Draconian scout. Managed to take the throne city and burned the other two. The turn i burn the last, i get a war declaration from Julia, who i ran into during the war. Que a long war where i conquer her entire empire and subdues her into an alliance, since an orc Sorcerer and a dwarf Dreadnought wanted to get a healthy dose of crusading sent their way.

Current status is two orc cites burned and more sighted on the horizon! The Crusade marches on! :black101:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
When I've gotten to an overwhelming position compared to an AI empire, it'll start using scorched earth tactics and burn down it's own cities before I can take them.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Julia did that twice before i dragged her to the negotiation table when she was down to one last city, and it was surrounded. The orc tried to do it to a city he retook from me that I had taken from him and then migrated to elfs to use as a forward base, but I managed to get it back in time.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Now that I've beaten the campaign, I'm going to have to start doing random maps for the first time, pondering what to be. I'm prolly gunna give archdruid another try, I totally screwed the pooch with archdruid in elf 2 and ended up spamming draconian fliers and horned gods, didn't really get a feel for the class. Was going to make human archdruid, but argh, why you gotta have so boring racial bonuses, humans? I practically feel obligated to go elf with longbow hunters, heh.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Based on all the praise I might get it anyway, but nobody did answer my question about city-spamming earlier - are there any mechanics to counted ICS strategies here, or is pumping cities in any available space always the go-to tactic (if you have city building on)?

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Dropbear posted:

Based on all the praise I might get it anyway, but nobody did answer my question about city-spamming earlier - are there any mechanics to counted ICS strategies here, or is pumping cities in any available space always the go-to tactic (if you have city building on)?

You have to be able to protect them and protecting them becomes continually harder as armies and territories grow. The AI is quite good at snatching up cities with little defenses, so spreading out too thin seems like a bad idea.

Theres also only very few resource producing tiles. Building a city with none of these nearby for the sake of having another city comes with greater opportunity cost.

In my experience it's just not an efficient strategy.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Dropbear posted:

It wastes time and resources, because a few well-placed cities can (and will) be just as efficient as lots of badly placed ones. Also you'll have to stretch your defences thinner because the AI likes to beeline for undefended cities if it thinks it can snag it right from under your nose.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gerblyn posted:

In principle, if the guy is fielding Shrines + Exalted, you should go Manticore Rider + Phalanx. Phalanxes will absolutely shred Exalted, and are tough enough that the Shrines won't just melt them. The manticore riders should be able to get up to the shrines and trash them before they can do much damage. This is theory crafting though.

A lot of people are complaining that we should somehow nerf T4 spam, and we're hoping that removing devout from them should help with the Shrines. It's tricky though, because as you say, often they can be countered by correct troop choices and clever play, but then what do you do if you don't have the counters available?

I think slowing down the research and production like you guys are doing will help a lot. It will make someone who manages to actually *get* to Shrines or Manticores that much harder to counter, but it will be much harder to do so without getting messed up and even if you do it will be harder to squirt them out from every city you own if it takes longer to build stuff.

I absolutely love how active and helpful you are in this thread, as an aside. Amazing devs for an amazing game.

(i wish you guys had made homm6 :qq:)

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Kanos posted:

I absolutely love how active and helpful you are in this thread, as an aside. Amazing devs for an amazing game.

(i wish you guys had made homm6 :qq:)

Be content with AOW3 drat you. :colbert:

Seriously 'tho, i never touched ANY of the HoMM games, 'cept maybe Dark Messiah? No idea if thats in the same setting. :v:

Been told before that i missed out where HoMM3 is concerned, but the rest are good to passable to outright awful. That sound about right?

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 5, 2014

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Shadowmorn posted:

Seriously 'tho, i never touched ANY of the HoMM games, 'cept maybe Dark Messiah? No idea if thats in the same setting. :v:

Been told before that i missed out where HoMM3 is concerned, but the rest are good to passable to outright awful. That sound about right?

Nobody remembers I, II was great for its time but somewhat dated by now, III is still great, IV is super different from the rest and thus very divisive, V wasn't great until the second expansion which made it the second best after III, VI is decent but not great.

III is still very much worth playing even today, the HD patch will fix the small resolution and the Russian fanmade Horn of the Abyss -expansion that was finally translated is really well-made and adds a lot of cool stuff to the game even for veterans. A ton of effort has gone to HotA, if you told me this town was made by the original devs I wouldn't doubt you for a second:

:yarr:

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 5, 2014

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Okay, i am having a very strange game and felt like posting:

An island covered in death and decay with no AI players in sight. Im all alone and battling against a steady flow of brigands that keep storming my second town in small stacks. That Archon city declared war as soon as my cherub spied it. That second town of mine is one i founded (Flowrock Quarry AND a magma forge?! :swoon: ) because there is literally no one else alive here but the bandits. Of which there were four camps.

I sware to god, my first dwarf game and its something right out of dwarf fortress, who the hell landed the boats here? :psydwarf:

Would make for a great tutorial level regardless. Crazy Dwarf Lady Establishes Cult on Death Island.

Sorry for the fog, the loving bandits killed my cherubs. :v:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Shadowmorn posted:

5 with all the expansions is actually really good. 6 is Tragic. It had the potential to be really cool, but it's plagued with bugs and production issues to the point where Ubi put out one expansion (Made by a different Dev) before writing it off as completely unsalvageable.

Been playing with the Beta patch a bit and no complaints so far. This game is so drat fun.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I also just noticed that if you break your peace treaty with somebody, you're not allowed to attack their units or towns for one turn.. while the AI itself isn't beholden to such niceties. Feels kind of like an odd duck to me.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I always hated how unit stacking worked in HOMM.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I love reading the little blurbs about units. My two favorite narrators are that wannabe-casanova who gets zapped by high elf initiates and is terrified of bards, and Ham the Wanderer, who somehow ends up in like a quarter of unit descriptions where he just barely survives and everyone else dies in the encounter.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Deltasquid posted:

I love reading the little blurbs about units. My two favorite narrators are that wannabe-casanova who gets zapped by high elf initiates and is terrified of bards, and Ham the Wanderer, who somehow ends up in like a quarter of unit descriptions where he just barely survives and everyone else dies in the encounter.

Read the one on the Orc Spearman. :allears:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

madmac posted:

5 with all the expansions is actually really good. 6 is Tragic. It had the potential to be really cool, but it's plagued with bugs and production issues to the point where Ubi put out one expansion (Made by a different Dev) before writing it off as completely unsalvageable.

Been playing with the Beta patch a bit and no complaints so far. This game is so drat fun.

6 actually got quite a bit better as well. Each major DLC added back in missing features ( 3d town halls, better units, more chokepoint fights ), and the expansion reworked the balance while adding in the finishing touches. They removed a number of HoMM problems ( enemy getting free stacks for being AI, enemy AI being omnipotent, the yakety sax runaround where an enemy just tags all your mines while you chase after them, because all the enemy units have the movespeed upgrade, etc. ), to the point it's a decent modernization of the HoMM formula.

The biggest issues now are the always online component, and the fact the campaign is split up the way it is.

Not that this matters because AoW3 is a far better game then HoMM6, but it wasn't a cut and run by Ubisoft! They did fix up the game quite well over the last few years.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Oh god, 3 wars in my random Elf Theocrat game. A Dwarven Warlord, a Dwarven Dreadnought and an Orc Sorcerer is waging war on me at the same time, while having peace with eachother. It is a never ending stream of units. The only saving grace is that i am holding the entire left side of the map so they all swarm from the right side. I am out of gold, out of mana(!) and i desperatly need more crusaders, more angels, basically more of everything. They killed of my only ally a few turns ago. Throwing up Armageddon next turn, hopefully it will help turning the tide a bit.

I just need a few peaceful turns to get all my city enchants up again and terraform a bit but nope, i can't even manage to bribe of one of them since everything is going into staying alive. This is easily the most fun 4x i have played in forever!

Edit: Any tips on how to deal with manticores as a theocrat? Their raw stats makes them so hard to kill, especially when on the defence with that garrison buff!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I've played a lot of HOMM3 and HOMM6 and a bit of 4 and 5 and 6 is actually my favorite of the lot :shobon: I missed the debut of HOMM6, though, so I got to skip that giant mess.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

DrManiac posted:

I always hated how unit stacking worked in HOMM.

Funnily enough, I originally got into HOMM 5 because I was craving a replacement for AOW SM. I hadn't played any other Heroes games up to that point. It definitely took me a while to get used to the unit stacks, and while I had fun with it in the end I really do prefer the way AOW handles things.

One small UI gripe. Can we get the ability to quit game out of battles, or at least a "concede" option if I recognize I'm hosed and don't want to bother playing out the entire battle? Not having that is seriously annoying.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

madmac posted:

Funnily enough, I originally got into HOMM 5 because I was craving a replacement for AOW SM. I hadn't played any other Heroes games up to that point. It definitely took me a while to get used to the unit stacks, and while I had fun with it in the end I really do prefer the way AOW handles things.

One small UI gripe. Can we get the ability to quit game out of battles, or at least a "concede" option if I recognize I'm hosed and don't want to bother playing out the entire battle? Not having that is seriously annoying.

There's a surrender option. It's the tiny red button on top of the circle with your leader's picture.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Noir89 posted:

Oh god, 3 wars in my random Elf Theocrat game. A Dwarven Warlord, a Dwarven Dreadnought and an Orc Sorcerer is waging war on me at the same time, while having peace with eachother. It is a never ending stream of units. The only saving grace is that i am holding the entire left side of the map so they all swarm from the right side. I am out of gold, out of mana(!) and i desperatly need more crusaders, more angels, basically more of everything. They killed of my only ally a few turns ago. Throwing up Armageddon next turn, hopefully it will help turning the tide a bit.

I just need a few peaceful turns to get all my city enchants up again and terraform a bit but nope, i can't even manage to bribe of one of them since everything is going into staying alive. This is easily the most fun 4x i have played in forever!

Edit: Any tips on how to deal with manticores as a theocrat? Their raw stats makes them so hard to kill, especially when on the defence with that garrison buff!

Guh, seems like a rough matchup. Warlord units will generally maul yours for cost. Maybe try Storm Sister+Shrines? Keep as many stunned as possible and focus them down. As a bonus, Storm Sisters with the devout upgrade are immune to the Shrines Aoe. Still tough, but maybe less one-sided then sending Crusaders/Exalted to get mulched.

quote:

There's a surrender option. It's the tiny red button on top of the circle with your leader's picture.

Dangnabbit.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Noir89 posted:

Mighty Meek is a good start, it's +2 damage, per damage type, per tier difference. Elven Archers will do +6 damage per shot vs Manticore Riders. If you can get an army led by a Hero with Sacred Arms (or something that gives all units +1 elemental melee damage, like Sorceror's Charged Army) and have pikemen, then cast Mighty Meek on the pikeman, the pikeman will get +11 physical (6 for mighty meek and 5 for polearm) and +7 elemental damage (+1 for charged army, +6 for mighty meek). Mighty Meek is amazing on Goblin Swarm Darters as well.

If you want a simpler approach, Exalted spam is useful against most things, mainly because the Exalted all have Resurgence, so even if they die it doesn't matter as long as you win! You get the manticore rider to attack one Exalted, then get the other Exalted to multi-flank it.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Gerblyn posted:

Mighty Meek is a good start, it's +2 damage, per damage type, per tier difference. Elven Archers will do +6 damage per shot vs Manticore Riders. If you can get an army led by a Hero with Sacred Arms (or something that gives all units +1 elemental melee damage, like Sorceror's Charged Army) and have pikemen, then cast Mighty Meek on the pikeman, the pikeman will get +11 physical (6 for mighty meek and 5 for polearm) and +7 elemental damage (+1 for charged army, +6 for mighty meek). Mighty Meek is amazing on Goblin Swarm Darters as well.

If you want a simpler approach, Exalted spam is useful against most things, mainly because the Exalted all have Resurgence, so even if they die it doesn't matter as long as you win! You get the manticore rider to attack one Exalted, then get the other Exalted to multi-flank it.

Wow, I didn't know it worked that way. I always kind of discarded the spell as useless, but apparently you guys don't put useless stuff in your game. :aaa:

Does that mean that an attack like faerie fire will get +6 damage (+2 per damage type) per tier difference so it could potentially do +18 damage? :aaaaa:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

a!n posted:

Wow, I didn't know it worked that way. I always kind of discarded the spell as useless, but apparently you guys don't put useless stuff in your game. :aaa:

Does that mean that an attack like faerie fire will get +6 damage (+2 per damage type) per tier difference so it could potentially do +18 damage? :aaaaa:

What can we say? Faeries are meek and this will turn them mighty.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Kanfy posted:

Nobody remembers I, II was great for its time but somewhat dated by now, III is still great, IV is super different from the rest and thus very divisive, V wasn't great until the second expansion which made it the second best after III, VI is decent but not great.

III is still very much worth playing even today, the HD patch will fix the small resolution and the Russian fanmade Horn of the Abyss -expansion that was finally translated is really well-made and adds a lot of cool stuff to the game even for veterans. A ton of effort has gone to HotA, if you told me this town was made by the original devs I wouldn't doubt you for a second:

:yarr:

I know that, rationally, III is probably the better game, but I always preferred II. I never liked the way that III normalised the factions (all units have one and exactly one upgrade). And Sorceress/Rampart lost druids and phoenixes! :argh:

That, and III looks hideous these days. II is still gorgeous. :3:

Shadowmorn posted:

Read the one on the Orc Spearman. :allears:

Dire Penguins :allears:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Is there a rule of thumb for where to settle cities? There's the mechanic where their growth slows down when their domains start bumping against each other, but since even the most pimped-out city can only produce one unit at a time and that even the smallest city can build enough stuff to make a profit eventually, is there really any point to not building as many as possible if your specializations are geared for maximizing your economic strength?

Also, the X Domain and X Empire spells are obviously paired together so you can change your empire's terrain to your liking as well as keep your cities happy, but your units won't get the preference bonus, right?

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 5, 2014

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Is there a rule of thumb for where to settle cities? There's the mechanic where their growth slows down when their domains start bumping against each other, but since even the most pimped-out city can only produce one unit at a time and that even the smallest city can build enough stuff to make a profit eventually, is there really any point to not building as many as possible if your specializations are geared for maximizing your economic strength?

Also, the X Domain and X Empire spells are obviously paired together so you can change your empire's terrain to your liking as well as keep your cities happy, but your units won't get the preference bonus, right?

I've found that there's a balance of sorts to how many actual active cities you'll want - Four or five cities seems to run very nicely for me, but after that you'll essentially end up with the rest running merchandise for most of them time. Trying to run seven to ten cities, all upgrading one antoher and producing units, crashes the economy something fierce.

As for WHERE to set up cities, I try to aim for spots where there are three or more resource sites/buildings clustered close to one another. A city in the middle of nowhere with no buildings in its domain essentially produces no resources and is just a huge drag on the rest of your economy.

Using builders seems to be the key - if you find a spot with good resources on it you can just run a builder there and plonk down a fortress. It'll still get you the resources from the nodes in the area (aside from production, population and morale). If you later end up deciding to build an actual city there, you can run a settler there and start a new city on top of the fortress; as an added bonus the city will end up with a set of prebuilt wooden/stone walls.

Sidenote, Gerblyn, as upgrading a city's walls to stone increases its domain radius, any chance we could have fortresses do the same? It'd make fortresses a bit more useful in the long run what with being able to command a slightly larger area.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Drake_263 posted:

Sidenote, Gerblyn, as upgrading a city's walls to stone increases its domain radius, any chance we could have fortresses do the same? It'd make fortresses a bit more useful in the long run what with being able to command a slightly larger area.

Pretty sure they already do because I upgraded a fortress' walls to do just that and got the stuff I was aiming for.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wolpertinger posted:

What do you mean? You can pick your race. Unless you mean you can't pick all the aow2 races (someday, maybe, expansions!) or the campaign, which yes is predefined (but it was in AoW2 too, so.)

Yeah sorry that was poorly worded. I meant picking the race separately from the hero race in random games. I want my Dwarf to lead Orcs, like he walked in one day and beat them all up and said "You follow me now!". Unless its already there and Im just totally missing it.

Really loving the little details that are scattered around this game too. Like the unit stories/descriptions and the beards on the Dwarf Succubus units. :haw:

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
Why in the Tome of Wonders, in the individual buildings entries, are there not links to the units produced? If I open the Barracks page, for instance, I should be able to click on Infantry, no? And from there I could select my race, or perhaps the game would know that, for instance, if I clicked on Barracks in a human town, to open the human longswordsman page?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Gerblyn posted:

Erm, that's really weird. I'll have to ask about it on Monday. I didn't write the launcher, but I think the game should ask your operating system when it first starts what language you prefer, but after that it should remember what you choose and use that...

Nevermind, it works fine now. I have no idea why it didn't before.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Furnaceface posted:

Yeah sorry that was poorly worded. I meant picking the race separately from the hero race in random games. I want my Dwarf to lead Orcs, like he walked in one day and beat them all up and said "You follow me now!". Unless its already there and Im just totally missing it.

No, but that is essentially what happens when you take another town. You have the option of changing it to the racial type of another city you own, or just keep it the way it is.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Is there any chance for extra mouse buttons to become bindable in some future patch? Far as I can tell even the middle mouse button isn't bindable right now and it'd be real convenient for some of the more common actions.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Does anyone know what magics go well with Dreadnaughts? I'm thinking a Draconian with Expander and 2 Fire, then proceed to burn everything- good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
So something that is good to know, do not Convert/Charm the targets when a Quest says to "Kill the Deviants" [was a independent camp of Bards!] Turns out Convert/Charm does not count for the quest and when that Unit eventually dies the quest fails because the "target" was technically killed by the other guy, not you.

Funny interaction.

• Locked thread