Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I have, yes. What's more we can't even seem to use Local to solve the problem. Despite being on the same network, nothing shows up. That's the really strange part.

With absolutely no knowledge of your network or setup it sounds like a firewall problem. Run netstat and identify what port the game is using to listen. Then on the other computer try and use telnet to connect to that port.

Or maybe go to the game's technical support forum and make a post there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Turin Turambar posted:

Lower the AI cheats, then you don't have the need of making it dumber!

You are adorable! Tell me more about how you program ai!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Taear posted:

He's been here for ages though and it happens a lot when someone who is a goon already goes to work on a project.

Just look in the Wildstar thread for another example!

I remember MonsterW21 faces was marketing for All Points Bulletin.. It got pretty bad that someone bought a banner ad making fun of him.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Triskelli posted:

Seriously, all we need is a html dump like Civilopedia Online. Best of luck to Gwyrgyn Blood if he decides to take that on as a project.

Yup all we need is a html dump. Good luck to Triskelli if he does this.

• Locked thread