Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a monster it'sonlyamask.
Game is good, AI is ruthless, it's legitimately absurd Age of Wonders is back. My main complaint so far is that it's really irritating to have any global spell you cast just get immediately dispelled. Also is there a way to set waypoints on the tactical map or something? Mainly to be able to choose which tile a unit with Charge charges into for flanking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I feel like information I want is often not within easy grasp. When building units there doesn't seem to be any way to see their tier before you produce one? Also is there a way to see more information about your and others' leaders, mainly spell specializations?

It's really good the disjunction thing is getting addressed but I hope it eventually fundamentally changes beyond the AI being less likely to cast it. Such a bummer to have it be an automatic guarantee.

I hope I'm not just posting to complain because I am just disgustingly happy with this game overall. I stayed up Way Too Late playing a Draconian Warlord last night. Raise Militia seems like a great spell except 90% of the time, hatchlings. Never even managed to evolve one. I did make friends with and create an army of actual dragons though, so it all worked out.

Schach
Jul 21, 2007

Autsj posted:

You can click (right click I think) on a unit icon in the build screen to see their infocard. To see a leader's specialization you need to find them on the campaign map, then click (it's left normally) his/her potrait, the spheres are noted in the upper left of their infocard.

Ya I knew about that but this is why I feel like I have to be missing something. In the build menu, neither mouseover nor the infocard seem to show the actual Tier. Thanks for the info about finding spheres. It'd be nice if you could get that information about enemies without hunting down the little dude on the map.

Schach
Jul 21, 2007

Lloyd Boner posted:

At some point you stop getting new heroes or it slows down considerably. I kept getting Arch Druids and ended a game with only 3 heroes besides my leader by turn 120.

It's evident the game wants you at the cap because if one dies, another one pops up for hire the next turn. Relatedly I just played a game where I got like three or four heroes killed and kept rehiring, and toward the end unlocked resurrect hero, which I used to keep resurrecting old dead ones and add them to the new for a mighty Heroswarm.

• Locked thread