Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I fall into the AoW 1 camp, played that game endlessly, but never really got into the sequels. Hearing so much love for Shadow Magic is making me want to give it another shot.

There was so much going for the first one though. The art style was whimsical as hell and still looks fantastic today, and the music really fit it perfectly. Even the story is awesome too. I mean sure, you can just be the good / bad guy start to finish, but you can also be the good guy who turns to darker and darker powers to defeat what you see as a greater evil, only to be redeemed at the 11th hour and fight back the very darkness you helped unleashed (among other outcomes).

Also, I love how fast AoW MP games could be played. With auto battle and a small map, games could be a real fast affair, which still is kind of unique for TBS games.

So yeah, can't wait for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread