Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Eschatos posted:

Question: Is there anything wrong(story or gameplaywise) with just dropping right in to AoW2:SM without finishing the other games? I got a good way in to vanilla 2(started the life mage campaign) a while ago but but lost my save and don't feel like playing through all the content I've already done. Recently my video card died so I gotta entertain myself with games that don't bother with trifles like graphics.

Shadow Magic was my first and still only Age of Wonders game and I turned out OK. I still understood the story and mechanics and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Raygereio posted:

I couldn't find a general AoW thread, so I'm just going to ask this here: Does anyone know of a decent strategy for Shadow Magic's final level?

I just held on by a thread until I could train and outfit several heroes that could tank and destroy entire armies on their own using lifesteal, double strike, tons of enchants and huge defense as a start. This was basically the way I beat most levels. Use stacks of priests on defense and crazy heroes on offense.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

I'm interested in how the class buffs the Calvary really.

Calvary is obviously the strongest when you're playing Theocrat.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

But which races cavalry is the best? I'm leaning orcs becaust wargs but I'm sure that humans also have some strong knight cavalry. I can't wait to experiment with the races and see what works best with what. The goblins look super strong with theocrats because the poison damage on their ranged units really helps with the almost total reliance on spirit damage.

I was just making a dumb Calvary/cavalry joke but I can't wait to dig into the the nitty gritty either.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Daktari posted:

Wasn't there a thing in AOW:SM campaign mode where you could create the most bullshit items in one map, and have said items carry over to the next maps? I've been looking at some LP'ers, and can't remember if I've seen such stuff.
Anyone know if this a is a thing in this iteration?

Yeah, that was a thing in Shadow Magic. It's also how I beat the last map pretty handily when my main hero was nigh untouchable and could double-strike counter-attack with a life draining lightning mace.

• Locked thread