Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
I always hated how the industrial orcs from the first game got replaced by the generic tribal orcs in the sequels, so Orc Dreadnought here I come!

It's been a while since a decent 4X game came out. Kinda sad that nothing has really touched MOO2 and the AoW series. I'm hoping this and Stardrive will scratch the itch.

Edit: fired up AoW 1 cause of this thread and now it's 4 in the morning. Goddammit.

Blisster fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Well that video got me pretty excited. Really glad that stuff like the purify spell is in, affecting the strategic map by raising mountains and stuff like that is one of my favourite parts of AoW. I hope the ridiculous spells that flood the world and the like are still in.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

Bloodly posted:

I've always found it odd that tech and magic are often at odds. Are there many things where they work together, not one taking the place of the other?

The Iron Kingdoms, the setting for Warmachine, has magic generators fed by steam engines that power giant robots controlled by mages. Basic firearms are available too, and mages can etch runes into their guns/bullets to shoot magic, explodey bullets.

• Locked thread