Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Is there a way to do the empire wide terraformings like arctic and poo poo without having it instantly dispelled? They seem like they'd be cool but the AI are just so insanely dispell happy that it feels like a waste to research or cast any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

MoreLikeTen posted:

In the campaign, I was at war with two people, and the fact that they could dispell twice as fast as I could recast stuff was really a problem.

Yeah. In a random map I lost my invading army and needed time to rebuild a defending army, so I figured making my place a frigid wasteland would slow down invaders. But instead one turn after I casted frozen empire it was dispelled, then they dispelled arctic love right after I cast it despite there being no arctic land. And this was only against a single enemy empire.

Really hope to see the terraforming stuff get some sort of dispell immunity for so many turns or something.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Ah yeah. That's another thing that's different from HOMM I just need to adapt to; in HOMM you had no "leader", just heroes. As long as you had one, you were fine. But yeah in this one you get other heroes, but they're not your "leader". I'll have to keep him alive too.

Thing is obviously your leader is gonna be your most powerful hero, right?

Would it be a smart strategy to keep your leader low level and safe at your home base, and instead use your hired heroes to level up and conquer people, in case you lose them?

It is nice your leader respawns after a few turns. If you lose another hero do they ever come back, or are they gone for good?

You can research a spell that'll resurrect your last killed hero. They still drop all their items unlike the leader so you still have to pick them back up.

• Locked thread