Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazmat Sam
Dec 25, 2010

The dead do not "get high"
Confirmed. I was one of those people dumb enough to preorder the original Elemental and I just checked my Stardock account; they give you a steam key for Legendary Heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazmat Sam
Dec 25, 2010

I've basically given up reading fantasy written after Tolkien because it all feels exactly the same, so I can totally sympathize with with that guy. (My current policy is "read Lovecraft's Dream Cycle and detour to read every book or author he namedrops." It's working excellently)

Thing is, I play games like Age of Wonders because the magic (or steampunk analog in this game's case) adds a different dimension to turn-based strategy than something like Civilization games. As long as the game is clever enough, I don't particularly care about the story or the art direction.

Hazmat Sam
Dec 25, 2010

Yeah, I guess I've just been spoiled by my roleplaying with Tekumel, Glorantha, and whatnot, cause anything even vaguely traditional bores the poo poo out of me. So, looking at the Wiki article for The Way of Kings and seeing the word "knight" in the plot summary makes be just go straight-up "lolnope". I'll give it a try though, when I'm done with Arthur Machen.

But let's get back to the game now. Gerblyn, are you at liberty to say how flexible the classes are? If I liked Death Magic the most in previous games, and necromancy effects in fantasy 4x games in general, which class should I play here?

• Locked thread