Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
When's the absolute earliest I can put your game in my brainmeats? :ohdear:

Are you guys sticking with the armies can stack model or are you making each stack fill a square?

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shadowmorn posted:

So, in a strange twist, ive just had two of my friends (who are respectible in their opinions) say to me that Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is "Not Awful" and i should try it. One of them says the only flaw he thinks so far is its micro heavy.

As i cant seem to find a thread for it on SA, ill hijack my own thread :psyduck: and ask here; anyone got anything to say about that?

After how awful Elemental was i was entirely soured off anything by that company, even the free copy of Fallen Enchantress.

It's actually not bad, like they said. It's a lot of the game we were sold with E:WoM, and it's definitely playable in the same sense that GalCiv is, losing hours at a time to your bullshit magical empire. Problem is a lot of those turns are going to be building things in your city and moving guys around without much consequence. At the rate those games are improving the next free expansion for people who got suckered by WoM should be really good. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Quixzlizx posted:

How exactly did they turn Rome 2 around? I'm not being facetious, as I got burned on a preorder because my friend was hyped as hell about it and then forgot about it. Did they turn it around to "kind of a retread, but at least it isn't a buggy trainwreck," or does it competently move the formula forward from previous TW games?

It's now a playable game from start to finish (in SP at least, MP continues to be a roll of the dice in TW) and the mechanics are enough of a change from both Shogun 2 and Rome 1 that it's worth playing now. Atilla as noted also turned out really good, though that's less surprising given that it's basically the Napoleon to Rome 2's Empire.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

What elements are there in the beta? I wanted to play a Tigran Necromancer, but no dice :(

Mechanical changes, none of the new hard content.

• Locked thread