Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Combat:
[list]
[*]Unit movement animation speed should be faster in general, attack speed is fine though. Ideally there should be a global 'animation speed' choice like there was in previous games.
[*]Ranged units could stand to animate their attacks faster. Right now they always wait for the previous ones to finish, but they could start up the next one a little earlier, like in previous AoWs.

[*]When choosing to melee in combat, you should be able to point from a certain side to attack from that side. I believe HOMM and King's Bounty have this? Eador does as well. It's very convenient to have, especially since attacking from different sides matters so much in this game.
Edit: Added a couple more bugs.

Just to help out with these:

There's buttons at the bottom you can use to speed up the AI turns, which helps some with the slow animations. Not quite the same, but worth knowing about.

Also, what's to stop you from just moving to the hex you want to be in, then clicking on the enemy to attack? That's what I've been doing and I haven't had any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Do we still not know how much the expansion is going to cost? Seems weird to not have that number 5 days before it comes out.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

What AI difficulty do you guys play on? I'm trying to figure out which has the best balance of providing a challenge without being totally friggin impossible.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

I never feel like I'm clearing sites fast enough in this game. Even on my best runs, I'm getting one maybe every 2-3 turns (as I wait for things to heal or reinforcements to arrive). Is this good enough or should I be pushing harder? Should I focus on having multiple stacks running around or just my one doom stack of the 6 best guys?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Reharakhti posted:

Can you release the VOD of it?

On a related note, are there any VOD's from the tournament?

• Locked thread