Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

redreader posted:

I am assuming that knowledge lost does not count towards the next research item.

Knowledge isn't lost. It will count toward the next research item. (The amount is indicated by a small white circle around the research item's picture.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I preordered this but got too sidetracked by other stuff to play more than the first campaign map. With all this talk of patches and changes going on is it a good time to play the game now or should I wait for more patches and balances if I plan on getting the best experience?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The blue one with the lanterns is for the Pre-Order DLC. Deluxe Edition DLC icon has a chick with a sword.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
So what settings do you guys usually use for random maps? I've been doing medium sized land maps recently, but it often feels kind of empty with the recommended amount of four leaders. (Or maybe I have to make the switch to Emperor. :ohdear:)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My abilities in multiplayer would probably be at or slightly below the neutral AI, so I'd be up for that when PBEM comes. :buddy:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Grondoth posted:

I wish there was a Good Guy lookin' helmet

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I can't play PBEM due to a horrifying bug.

Triumph please fix my real life commitments that keep me away from the computer. :smith:

(On a less :v: note, I too noticed that the game somehow looks a bit different for some reason. You're not alone other guy who that happened to. :))

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
How long so PBEM games usually take? Or can you let somebody or the AI take your turns out you are out of town for a weekend each month?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Counterpoint: If I'm gonna play a game of epic fantasy battles there better be gryphons and giants and living gods walking the earth clashing in massive scale battles instead of small archer bands fighting over hamlets defended by two dogs and a pony. :colbert:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

victrix posted:

Yeah but you can do the former by slightly adjusting starting map options, it doesn't necessitate a 250+ turn game on an ultramega sized map :v:

Yeah, but how do you know what map settings to change in what way? In most video games that requires quite a bit of trial and error, so I'm not really surprised that a lot of people just play with default/normal/recommended settings and then play more builder-ish, because "I am not sure I can beat that evil demon with just archers and monster hunters." Because playing aggressively also relies on knowing a lot of stuff about what fights your units can actually handle and with all those variations available from class and race it might be a bit much for somebody who does not play the game that much or does not have as much time.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Didn't they already say that there would only be two expansions maximum or am I imagining things?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I recently played my first ever attempt at Draconian Warlord after never being much of a Draconian guy before.

I don't know how it compares to other combos, but Warlord Units with Draconic heritage are so much fun. Especially the two brave unranked phalanxes that almost held a wood walled city against 3 enemy heroes with wyverns and frost queen supports. (The frost queen got lucky.)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I just realized how it's actually incredibly ~lore friendly~ for the Age of Wonders universe that humans have Mariner. :negative:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Shin Megami Tensei: Age of Wonders

Imagine :atlus: riding atop a dire penguin casting ice spells on a tigran face forever.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Fluffy Tail posted:

Alright, after getting wrecked in my first PBEM came, I'm hosting a new one.

Name: Goon Continents
Pass: anime

4 Players, Medium Map, Continents, With Seals and Unifier victory on, join up if you guys want in.

I don't have internet access from Thursday to Saturday evening, is that a problem? (Don't know how long turns usually take and don't want to slow down the game. :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Fluffy Tail posted:

No, that should be fine, my last game took turns very fast, but small breaks like that are absolutely fine.

Cool. Joined up then.

• Locked thread