Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I ... had no idea Age of Wonders 3 was in the works. Somehow never noticed this thread before.

I've been a massive fan of Shadow Magic for a long time and pushing it in SA threads whenever these sorts of games come up.

...but I have a confession to make. I've never played any of the campaigns. I've just played the scenario generator over and over in Shadow Magic to get a MOM-style game. I should probably go and play 1 at least, because I really like the late DOS-like aesthetics and awesome music.

edit: speaking of hexes, in the will-never-happen-but-would-loving-love-it category, I'd love to see a modern version of Missionforce: Cyberstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

AoW1 also has that late 90s Epic shareware aesthetic, complete with awesome tracked soundtrack. I played it very late, Shadow Magic was my first, but it was like a rush of nostalgia.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I can hardly wait. This is my most-anticipated game these days.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I only ever played random maps in Age of Wonders (Shadow Magic). They scratched my "modern" (for the time) Master of Magic itch so well. I could easily have played 100 hours of it. It wasn't until much later, when the games were put on GoG, that I got into the campaigns.

I'm sorry I missed Age of Wonders 1 when it was new. I just love the late DOS game-like aesthetics so much ... the art and the music specifically.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Also wonderful if you like industrial/electronic music. I should move there too.

edit: also sane work hours

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Welp, thought I had a lot more time and forgot to pre-order. :doh:

Looks absolutely amazing. I'm another guy that never thought we'd get an update to Shadow Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Convince me not to buy Age of Wonders 3 ... oh gently caress it

• Locked thread