Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weato
Oct 29, 2010

Brave New World posted:

I can't speak about the raids, but Rebirth is way more stable than Emerald Dream is.
  • ED has major connectivity issues.
  • It seems that fully 10-20% of ED's quests are bugged. Special mention goes to their lovely scripting for any quest items in containers that makes said items only retrievable literally hours after the last person used it.
  • Like you mentioned, enemies in mines will frequently jump into the floor or ceiling and proceed to kill you from there.
  • Just wait until you meet an NPC that runs through walls to summon his buddies.
  • Emerald Dream is a full team of people that don't seem to give a gently caress about how buggy their server is.
  • Rebirth is one guy that runs an awesome server as a labor of love.
So why the gently caress did I move to Emerald Dream? Because it has more people. I kinda regret it though.

All of this. In addition I find ED to be horribly spiky, and I get a ping of 120-150. On Rebirth I'm stable in the 30-50 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread