Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

theflyingorc posted:

They repealed that policy in the last few months.

I don't know how Ouya will differentiate between IAP and buying the full game.(edit: It's all one-time purchases. This means you could potentially spend a lot MORE than ~$500 with this model, as some games likely have tons of one-time addons)

The promotion being closed already means the whole thing was just a marketing ploy to make somebody, anybody mention them again.

edit: As a developer on OUYA, what you'd want to do right now is add as many IAP to your game as you can, immediately. If you've got a Contra clone, make every gun 1% stronger for $5.

Wasn't there those emulators with 100 dollar cheat codes. If they give you all the onetime purchases that's easily more than 500 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

randombattle posted:

Wasn't there those emulators with 100 dollar cheat codes. If they give you all the onetime purchases that's easily more than 500 dollars.

The promotion is limited to items valued at $30 or less.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

Forgot all about this for a while. loving shock to find they're still in business, surely it can't be much longer before the investors start asking for some kind of return. They don't appear to have learned anything since the launch fiasco. Ouya is now a service! We're going to China! Download all games on a subs model that will cost us more than we can make!

Has anyone been watching that new drama series Halt and Catch Fire? Great show, but I was disappointed to find it wasn't about Ouya.

I think at this point the investors have wised up and OUYA is riding on what cash on hand they have.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
Willing to bet Ouya needed money to make payroll. The sub model lets them float the cost of the apps for 30-60 days.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
A bit late on this but Towerfall is pretty drat fun!

Thanks, Sony. :allears:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Dewgy posted:

A bit late on this but Towerfall is pretty drat fun!

Thanks, Sony. :allears:

Pretty sure Towerfall is now on Steam, too.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

illiniguy01 posted:

Aren't all games free with the developer having to add in IAP? How does the subscription work with that?

They are allowing any one time purchase and no consumables. When you set up IAP in almost all systems you state what the IAP is for. So the original system of free demo with game unlock works with this system.

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

Anticheese posted:

Pretty sure Towerfall is now on Steam, too.

Yea, but it's free on Playstation Plus this month.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

And so the Ouya died, not with a bang, but with a long, wet fart.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Paul Zuvella posted:

And so the Ouya died, not with a bang, but with a long, wet fart.

Things cannot die if it didn't actually lived in the first place.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
That's OK. Now we have the EzeeCube, which isn't actually a cube.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Then again, neither was the GameCube unless you bought the GBA Game Player.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Suspicious Dish posted:

At least that is infinitely more justifiable for the price than Ouya.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Google already auto-cloudsyncs all my pictures / videos / music for free, I'm not sure I get what this does different other than cost money and provide a weird box that would sit on my TV stand and do the same thing.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 13, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
But it's stackable.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

raditts posted:

Google already auto-cloudsyncs all my pictures / videos / music for free, I'm not sure I get what this does different other than cost money and provide a weird box that would sit on my TV stand and do the same thing.

If you are in the google ecosystem then Android TV is basically the ideal HTPC having a controller and chromecast + games and built in google play all built into one input.

I'm excited to be able to buy one having 192 cuda cores (about 360 level performance or about 25% of XBONE) + the easy ability to publish to Google Play would make this a really decent gaming platform (Android TV with K1 not Ouya or the MOJO).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

raditts posted:

Yeah, but apparently that's costing you $1200 a year. Who can afford to pay that?*

*actually $120 for 1TB, but hey who is going to fact check these things on Indiegogo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yodzilla posted:

But it's stackable.

That's the most :psyduck: part of that whole product for me.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah but Spider-Man is on it. No word on Minecraft yet.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stick100 posted:

If you are in the google ecosystem then Android TV is basically the ideal HTPC having a controller and chromecast + games and built in google play all built into one input.

I'm excited to be able to buy one having 192 cuda cores (about 360 level performance or about 25% of XBONE) + the easy ability to publish to Google Play would make this a really decent gaming platform (Android TV with K1 not Ouya or the MOJO).

If you want a streaming and gaming box why wouldn't you just get a PS TV and PS now when it comes out? You get netflix etc and actual real games.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Inspector_666 posted:

Duh, if you stick them on top of each other the performance automatically adds together. That's very scientific, according to the internet.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Stux posted:

If you want a streaming and gaming box why wouldn't you just get a PS TV and PS now when it comes out? You get netflix etc and actual real games.

Chromecast. I want a device that will play any file (currently using an htpc hopefully Android TV can) and can receive Chromecast and play Netflix. Another in the house doesn't like chromecast, but would use a Android TV controller to use everything.

Right now I haven't found a device that can play nearly any file and netflix at the same time. That plus Chromecast makes it a perfect main TV device having gaming / capability to develop gaming on it is just a bonus.

If it works out like it could my TV would only leave the Android TV input for NFL live broadcasts.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Given how Google unceremoniously dumped Google TV despite all the potential that had, I think I'm going to wait and see when it comes to Android TV.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Duh, if you stick them on top of each other the performance automatically adds together. That's very scientific, according to the internet.

Isn't that how blast processing worked too?

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 14, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stick100 posted:

Chromecast. I want a device that will play any file (currently using an htpc hopefully Android TV can) and can receive Chromecast and play Netflix. Another in the house doesn't like chromecast, but would use a Android TV controller to use everything.

Right now I haven't found a device that can play nearly any file and netflix at the same time. That plus Chromecast makes it a perfect main TV device having gaming / capability to develop gaming on it is just a bonus.

If it works out like it could my TV would only leave the Android TV input for NFL live broadcasts.

I guess a roku then? Won't play every file but has plex at least.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i don't understand any of this tv box talk. neeeeerdss

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stick100 posted:

Have you found a PC app to accept/emulate ChromeCast yet? I have a laptop that does almost everything better but there is still once or twice I wished it would do things like that teensy little stick.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

CrashCat posted:

Have you found a PC app to accept/emulate ChromeCast yet? I have a laptop that does almost everything better but there is still once or twice I wished it would do things like that teensy little stick.

No I was hoping it was going to make it way into XBMC or Plex but as far as I know it's not there yet. This is not streaming from XBMC or Plex to the Chromecast, but having a HTPC running XBMC be a valid Chromecast target.

Being as it hasn't been opensourced I'm guessing it will never be as good as a Google produced device (which is too bad).

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
OUYA is better than Xbox One.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

circ dick soleil posted:

OUYA is better than Xbox One.

Don't necro dead threads/consoles jerk

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Just you unbelivers wait for ouya2

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mods please move this thread anywhere else

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 15, 2016

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mr. Neutron posted:

Just you unbelivers wait for ouya2

2YA. Give me :10bux: for that name plz. It's better than whatever they could come up with.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Xbone Gon' Give It To 2YA.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:laffo:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
idgi

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Steam gave him a transferable discount on some game that Ouya paraded as being one of its big hits.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anticheese posted:

Steam gave him a transferable discount on some game that Ouya paraded as being one of its big hits.

Yeah. It looks just as God-awful as it did back when, too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I got a coupon too. I'm guessing it's for owning a certain other indie game?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Usually a Steam coupon will tell you if its for owning certain games. I think the Fists of Awesome guys are just so desperate to sell their POS that they begged gaben to give everyone coupons. Wouldnt just making the game half off be better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Coupon might make some idiots believe they're getting a special deal for being special people, and these guys are more likely to buy than if it's just "Random crap game at 50% off".

I got one too, it doesn't say it's for any specific game. I got another one that says "For Hotline Miami & Broforce Owners", it's also for some indie game I have no interest in.

• Locked thread