Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey, you can't buy an Ouya anymore.

So how many backers still haven't gotten their Ouyas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Just making room for the TWOUYA.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hahaha wow, it finally happened. I wondered why the newsletter just kept advertising the same game over and over lately. ("duck game" if you're curious)

So, how long did it last?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Just so nobody else had to, I looked up Duck Game and it resembles Smash Bros made by people who had no idea why Smash Bros was good. Or Towerfall I guess

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm sure the dusty shelf at the local Target underneath the F2P gift cards would be more than happy to help restock them..

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

raditts posted:

I'm sure the dusty shelf at the local Target underneath the F2P gift cards would be more than happy to help restock them..

We should start a grassroots effort to get the loyal OUYA fanbase to send in our consoles to Ms. Uhrman en masse, so they can be shipped out to needy families across the nation!

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

XboxPants posted:

We should start a grassroots effort to get the loyal OUYA fanbase to send in our consoles to Ms. Uhrman en masse, so they can be shipped out to needy families across the nation!

Not gonna lie, I'd buy an OUYA for dirt cheap ($20 or less) purely as a collectors piece. But for the current price I could get an OUYA or I could get a 3D0 off ebay... I think the 3D0 had better games on it.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Star Control 2.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pinterest Mom posted:

Great. Mods please lock thread.

:gas:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I can't believe the OUYA and the company behind still exists, with enough antics to keep this thread active.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

CrashCat posted:

Great. Mods please lock thread.

:gas:

Please do not be rude in the OUYA thread. Thank you.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Suspicious Dish posted:

Please do not be rude in the OUYA thread. Thank you.
Tell me there will ever be a better time for it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
This thread should peter out and die of its own volition with a whimper, just like the OUYA itself.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The MSJ posted:

I can't believe the OUYA and the company behind still exists, with enough antics to keep this thread active.

The thread gets like 5 posts every 2 weeks, it's hardly active.

Being sold out on the main website is a legit big deal. They had enough trouble manufacturing the things the first time around.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bel Monte posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd buy an OUYA for dirt cheap ($20 or less) purely as a collectors piece. But for the current price I could get an OUYA or I could get a 3D0 off ebay... I think the 3D0 had better games on it.

I feel the same way, although even $20 seems steep when the thing will break in a week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pinterest Mom posted:

But... but they said it was finally coming to Australia! :qq:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

theflyingorc posted:

The thread gets like 5 posts every 2 weeks, it's hardly active.

More than the Ouya store sees these days.

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams

randombattle posted:

More than the Ouya store sees these days.

Zingers like this are what keep me coming back

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
My local Target has restocked the bottom shelf they keep the OUYAs in. Maybe I should buy them all before THEY BECOME A RARE COLLECTIBLE

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
They're giving them away, right? They can't possibly be selling them.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
I forget if it was $60 or $70, but they're still putting a price tag on 'em.

packetgrinder
Jun 29, 2002
Not stupid, advanced.
This changes everything

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ouya-and-unreal-engine

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Rudager posted:

Jesus Christ, I'm loving embarrassed to be Australian right now.

Murdock was born there! You could have stopped him! You doomed us all! :argh:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The 16 people who play Ouya will appreciate this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Not surprising, since Unreal graphics have been demonstrated running on tablets.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

As someone who put an unreal engine game on a Tegra 4 (to test it) the performance of these machines is horrible. I could barely get get 10 fps with no lighting or advanced features of any kind. A Tegra 3 has got to be pushed to it's limit by a highly optimized towerfall, the machine was so weak it's absurd.

FYI: Someone made instructions on how to deploy to OUYA almost 6 months ago, it just took the OUYA organization that long to pick up on it and to make a fork/tell Epic about it.

Geographica
Jun 1, 2010
Various sites are reporting that Ouya has a new financial backer.

Not as big as the large round of funding, which lasted all of a year before this round of begging began.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Geographica posted:

Not as big as the large round of funding, which lasted all of a year before this round of begging began.

They're meant for each other http://www.cnbc.com/id/102377292#.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Ahahaha, that's fantastic. :allears:

Maybe someone can run a kickstarter to order a five thousand bulk unit order to ship them to all the people still waiting for the backer rewards from the original campaign.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
That's simply because China lifted the ban on consoles but instead added a new ban on set-top-boxes. This is a super simple way to switch the product focus so you don't have to throw out all that inventory you hold.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Geographica posted:

quote:

The Journal says both companies have discussed integrating Ouya's existing software and game lineup — which hit the 1,000 milestone in November — to Alibaba's own set-top boxes. A deal to make that happen has yet to be finalized, according to the report, but Alibaba only made its big investment sometime last month.

Hahaha, I bet anyone who buys those things will be so excited to play exciting games like "Controller Tester"
Finally, China gets a taste of its own lovely knockoff game console medicine.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

raditts posted:

Finally, China gets a taste of its own lovely knockoff game console medicine.
What, you actually think Chinese knockoffs never were sold to any degree in China?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ouya is so bad nobody in China will make an Ooya

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
According to this article, China has been making the Ouya. It's just so bad they never bothered to make a knock off because no one would buy it.

I also found this tidbit in looking the above up. "Ouya plans to launch a new console every year" - Feb 2013, kickstarter backer launch the following month.

Here's hoping for the TOUYA. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bel Monte posted:

According to this article, China has been making the Ouya. It's just so bad they never bothered to make a knock off because no one would buy it.

I also found this tidbit in looking the above up. "Ouya plans to launch a new console every year" - Feb 2013, kickstarter backer launch the following month.

Here's hoping for the TOUYA. :allears:

They've got to finish shipping them to the Kickstarter backers before they can begin the annual iterations, duh :rolleyes:.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
You mean to tell me we should have been on the Oneya, the third Ouya by now?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Bad news for Ouya again. The Oatmeal's card game is on pace to beat the backer amount set by the Ouya according to Kicktraq.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

You mean to tell me we should have been on the Oneya, the third Ouya by now?

Who can say where the road goes

Where the day flows

Only time

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

averox posted:

Bad news for Ouya again. The Oatmeal's card game is on pace to beat the backer amount set by the Ouya according to Kicktraq.

Bad news for everyone, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

averox posted:

At least you can PLAY a card game.

• Locked thread