Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shalinor posted:

What does one need for an XboxPants summoning ritual? I've got some black candles and a record that says "consoles are dead" if you spin it backwards.
Unless those black candles are licorice-scented, not gonna work. Bacon-scented ones work best, obviously. You place the candles at the points of a pizza sauce hexagram and chant Ouya backwards for like an hour (you have to pronounce it right, but I pronounce it ojə, which is apparently wrong, so I've never gotten this to work myself).

If you did it correctly, he'll appear. He doesn't grant wishes or anything, though, unless your wish was that you wanted to hear him ask where the bacon/licorice/rest of the pizza sauce is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

XboxPants posted:

Sure, that would make sense if there was anything but the most extreme basic barebones software. I don't think they even have the payment system functional yet. They just brought the store system online on the 5th.
... Wait, so point-and-click is easier to implement than an array with GUI overlay? Yeah, no.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Install Gentoo posted:

Animated does not mean what you think it means. "Beautiful cartoon style still drawings" is not what "beautifully animated" means.
They're not even "beautiful cartoon style drawings," they're digital garbage. And for the "realism" look they're pretty obviously going for, they're like three unique frames too short. Three or four frames for legs will work for something cartoony or especially unrealistic like Yoshi's Island, but those legs barely even lift off the ground; they're shuffling at best, and if you look at the animation frame-by-frame, the legs actually go "Neutral > Neutral -x > Standing on toe > Standing on toe -x > Cycle" without any forward or lifting frames at all.

But hey if they're making a character who's so socially and mechanically stunted from never going outside that they don't even know how to walk correctly, they captured that perfectly :v:

GetWellGamers' game on Greenlight? That's an example of beautiful cartoon-style drawings.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bucketmouse posted:

I really want to say something about Mother 3 here but I better not.
Is Mother 3 coming to the OBOMA? Actually you know what I've heard is that the system isn't made in China but instead Taiwan, I'm gonna need a manufacturer's certification before I commit to any purchases.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

XboxPants posted:

I don't believe you. Some of them, sure. But what's the toggle for "make chrome never crash"? If you'd like to give some details, I'll thin down the list and fill things in with specific examples:

•Chrome is crashing because (I have a ton of tabs open) and it chose to do so while I'm trying to not lose, and now it's making the game chug up like crazy
I'm going out on a limb here and suggesting the "make chrome never crash" button is that little X on all those loving tabs you have open. It sounds like you'll probably have to press it a few times.

ctrl+w also works if your mouse arm is too noodley to drag your hardware across the high-friction surface of a mousepad every time

quote:

•The PC audio settings are (muted), so now I have to fix that first
I'm gonna show you a picture and it's gonna blow your fuckin' mind, dude:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 3, 2013

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

XboxPants posted:

No, I mean, we specifically are discussing the viability of playing games on your computer from 10 feet away. Everyone else is saying it's a great experience and I'm saying there are some problem areas. So it doesn't actually sound like you disagree with me.
But all your complaints--barring "I have to walk over to turn it on"--are based in software user interface, all of which HAS to be manipulated by a keyboard and mouse (or controller if you set it up that way). Every single one of those problems can't be solved by being next to your computer anyway. Your computer doesn't have goddamn analog knobs to adjust your volums, you do it with your keyboard. If Skype ducks your audio, you could technically fix it from miles away, and on the flip side of that, being able to touch your computer won't help you change the settings at all.

Do you have like, buttons, on your desktop case that somehow enable you to close Chrome tabs while you can't with a keyboard?

--wait a second

I figured it out, guys. OPRAHPants has a 250-square-foot vacuum tube monstrosity of a computer with actual dials and he needs to feed it punchcards and poo poo, that's why he can't fathom the concept of keyboards and shortcuts and clicking.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

It's not like he could install Steam on one of his many computers and try Big Picture himself to see what it's like.
He has more than one? See, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because there are a significant number of households in western world that are lucky to have just the one, but if you have some old junkers, there's pretty much no reason you wouldn't use those as serverboxes and never host anything on your best computer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

caldrax posted:

Yo, dude, you need 2 tabs for Google Docs: one for your list of documents, one for the document you're currently adding stuff to.
Hell, I feel like I have too many tabs open if I can't comfortably shortcut-toggle between them with one hand.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Red_Mage posted:

Unity will not spark an indie gaming revolution that produces good games, it is Klik N Play 3d. By contrast the horrible indie developer unfriendly Microsoft has released XNA which does almost everything Unity does but better. It has been used for indie games that have actually seen some success, like Dust or Bastion.
It's a shame because XNA is indeed really nice and you can do tons of poo poo provided you can crunch the code, but I read somewhere that Microsoft is discontinuing further development on the engine so a lot of game designers are jumping ship to anything but.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

XboxPants posted:

Is the 360's pad cheaper than the OUYA's? - (link to post)
I actually think I've seen those trigger mechanisms in the lovely 360 Gamestop off-brand knockoffs they try to trick you into buying if you go in looking for a Microsoft pad. Those triggers usually break within in six months of sporadic use. In terms of manufacturing price, I'd say there's pretty much no chance of the 360 costing less to build than the OUYA's.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Divine Disclaimer posted:

The 360 controller is popular because it's a good controller that feels good in your hands, works good, and weathers abuse well.
Yup, my wired first-party 360 controller is a tough bastard. Where third party crap will lose the spring on the face buttons and have sketchy construction on the shoulders, this thing's taken its share of accidental spills and buttons being mashed overly-hard because I'm responding as intended to tense game situations and its buttons are as springy and reliable as the day I bought it. Hell, the only reason my wireless has a tiny chunk bitten off one of the control sticks is because it sat at the bottom of literally tons of luggage for how many transpacific flights. Those things are beasts, and I applaud Microsoft's manufacturer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Papes posted:

So why did you make a $230 bet when you yourself say it only has a 25% chance of paying off?
To be fair, one in four is really good odds to betting men. Hell, that's like two or three times as good as a slot machine doing a carrot payout.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Evil Fluffy posted:

No this is just him reverting to true form.
If getting volcanic over music festivals with mini tech expos is Zeromus, it's a wonder Zemus even bothered to mess with Golbez at all considering he's too lazy to walk over to his computer to power it on.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

poo poo, it has a web browser? Uh oh, it sounds like someone's games are gonna keep getting interrupted by crashes from having too many tabs open.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

JazzFlight posted:

Frankly, I'm coming around to actually preferring the name "LEON BUDD" over OUYA.
I can't say it without flashing back to LEON HELP in Resident Evil 4. This isn't necessarily bad, though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Red_Mage posted:

Meanwhile on the Ouya.tv dev forums: Someone is programming a MMO

Oh, with the stock sprites from RPGMaker, no less! I respect them for using the generic townsperson sprite, it's more obscure so it's harder for people to call it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Madcosby posted:

My personal favorites are threads in broken english asking if one semester of "java" will let them program video games
As much fun as it is to talk poo poo about the OVEN and its rabid supporters, I will say that this right here is just a little unfair. Obviously, a 100-level comp sci course won't give you all the tools you need, but poo poo, I taught myself the necessary C# methods with only two semesters of Java. It took like a year to be sufficiently effective with it (and I'm sure my background in linguistics didn't hurt my acquisition), but lack of instruction generally only means you'll have hideous code as long as you have good problem solving circumvention skills and an okay grasp on logic. Maybe good at your google-fu, too, so everything you learn doesn't just come from internet jackoffs who can barely explain themselves, let alone spell anything but their code correctly, but you'd be surprised at what you can extrapolate from a basic java course.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

01011001 posted:

Look, they just need to tighten up the graphics on level 3. Then the REVOLUTION can begin.
No, man, the REVOLUTION was the Wii's codename, we're just talking about the SHAQUILLE.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cat doter posted:

Left2die? Are loving making GBS threads ME!?

I like how the Zombies say

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUHHHHHH

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(Also Left2Die was the name of one of Blizzard's first official "arcade" type map in SC2, they can't even rip off originally)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

So is Visorman the Cheetahmen?

Nah, it's just that one tank game with Sadaam Hussein.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

luncheon meat posted:

It's the 27th here. Tomorrow is the rapture, at least calendar wise.

Your post has revealed the truth to me. It all makes sense, the BILL DAUTREIVE is what has been foretold in the papal prophecy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rockbear posted:

An UBLAT for every cell!

Hey, there are UN sanctions against treating prisoners like this.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Madcosby posted:

They sent out invitations to a launch party in SF to some game sites/android developers. The date is March 28th. I hope Snoop Dog is playing.

Playing what :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

"This game is bad, but it's good at it's overpriced. More games need to be expensive."

Do you even listen to yourself.

The king has returned, as the saying goes.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

If my computer didn't power on instantly, I'd worry something was wrong with my PSU :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Disargeria posted:

Space Repair Inc. 0 :smith:

e: hahahaha oh jeez

Is his... is his pant leg torn open?

E: Wait, no, that's a tail.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

theflyingorc posted:

???

Tags: Arcade/Pinball,Platformer,See Me

See me? What kind of tag is that?
Sim lovely Student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

luncheon meat posted:

just check out these rich, vibrant visuals on this.

I have to admit, if Pizza Shop automatically detects your region and your nearest pizza joint, then calls a landline over VOIP except you can't do anything since it doesn't have a line-in audio, that would be mildly impressive/problematic.

• Locked thread