Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

So welcome I will be you conductor for the wild and wonderful ride that is the Jedi Knight, But because I am terminally indecisive A kind and generous person who encourages goon participation, I am going to let you guys vote on what Race,Sex,Alignment and/or personality my Jedi will be.

So Choices:

1.Our Jedi's sex is

A. Male
B. Female

2.Our Jedi's Race is:

A. Human
B. Miralukan
C. Twi'Lek
D. Zabrak
E. Mirialan

3.Our Jedi's alignment is:

A. Light Side
B. Dark Side

4. Our Jedi's personality is:

A. Space Republican all the way! :911:
B. I am a Jedi I must do what the Jedi require of me :catholic:
C. Mercenary: How much am I getting paid for all this :20bux:
D. gently caress the Republic: Democracy only leads to moochers sucking on the governments teats :evil:
E. gently caress the Jedi and their dumb rules:dawkins101:
F. Something else

Also taking suggestions for names, I suck at naming characters, but if you guys can come up with something cool and original I will run with it.

Voting closes tomorrow at 11:59PM GMT or whenever I feel like it whichever comes first.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Barf Wight posted:

Sweet, glad to see this underway.

I only have one request: be a ladies' man, or mens' lady, which I guess requires Dark Side

Actually that reminds me, Since this a bioware game there is one more question I need to ask.

Does Our Jedi gently caress:

A, No One- The Jedi Code is there for a reason
B. Our one true Love- Dammnit man I have needs!
C. Everything on two legs

AKA the how much do you hate me vote.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

:siren: Votes up to now:siren:

1.Our Jedi's sex is

A. Male: 5
B. Female:10

2.Our Jedi's race is

A. Human: 3
B. Miralukan: 3
C. Twi'Lek: 5
D. Zabrak: 0
E. Mirialan:5

3. Our Jedi's alignment is

A. Lightside: 3
B. Darkside: 13

4. Our Jedi's Personality is:

A. Space Republican: 1
B. Jedi uber alles: 3
C. Merc:0
D.gently caress the Republic:3
E. gently caress the Jedi: 5
F. Space Libertarian: 3
G. Sarcastic: 1

5. We Will Bone (or lady bone):

A. No One: 0
B. Our one true love: 3.5
C. Everything: 5.5

Still plenty of time to vote though.

Edit, I could never get into the trooper So I will certainly be following that part of the LP closely.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 11, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well there is still an hour for people to vote in

and there is a tie on what race to pick so :justpost: err vote.

Also I was going to use the exact same gag about the green hills zone stop stealing my lines! Oh well will just have to drag out the Anakin Skywalker gag I swore I was not going to use to replace it.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 12, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well the votes are in and have been counted,

1.Our Jedi's sex is

A. Male: 6
B. Female:10

2.Our Jedi's race is

A. Human: 4
B. Miralukan: 3
C. Twi'Lek: 6
D. Zabrak: 0
E. Mirialan:5

3. Our Jedi's alignment is

A. Lightside: 3
B. Darkside: 13

4. Our Jedi's Personality is:

A. Space Republican: 1
B. Jedi uber alles: 3
C. Merc:0
D.gently caress the Republic:3
E. gently caress the Jedi: 5
F. Space Libertarian: 3
G. Sarcastic: 1

5. We Will Bone (or lady bone):

A. No One: 0
B. Our one true love: 3.5
C. Everything: 5.5

Looks like we have a tie on the race front so first person to post gets to decide.

We have our winner VVV.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 12, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Right now I need sleep and have to be up for work in the morning, But still just to tease you guys a bit.

meet R'andayan

Our Darkside, Female, Jedi Hater with an open and healthy attitude to sex. AKA the worst Jedi.

Will put a proper update up sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening when I get back from work.

Servetus posted:

Hopefully our Jedi Knight will be a Green Twi'lek, to maintain the colour opposition to Mortiferous and get the best of both options.

Screw it, blue it is. This is what I get for trying to pander to my fans all three of them

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 12, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Servetus posted:

Sorry, didn't mean to cause trouble.

No problem, I was just getting tired and or irritable when I posted that. So I took it out on the nearest available target which was you, Sorry!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

MadDogMike posted:

Well Brainamp, you said you've picked already but PLEASE tell me you picked Commando. Sure, Vanguard is a decent tank and all, but given the difference in weapons used I have no idea why anybody goes with it over the Commando's option (giant gently caress-off-and-DIE assault cannons forever!). Smuggler at least has cool options either way (though I've been less than fond of healing with one myself), and at least one of the Jedi I hope will take their tank spec.

I will probably let goons vote on it again, even if I proved democracy does not work. (Why did I let goons vote on how much sex I was going to have in game? :smithicide:) Personally I would be quite happy playing either of the Jedi Knight advanced classes when the time comes.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Episode 1: The White man's Blue Woman's Burden

So here we have our usual opening crawl, You know the one that is required by law to be in every Star Wars movie or game. Start humming the theme if it makes you feel better.

SWTOR Opening Credits posted:

Prologue:
THE JEDI KNIGHT

It is a dark era for the JEDI ORDER. The Sith Empire obliterated the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and slaughtered many of the Republic's brave defenders during the last war.

The surviving Jedi have withdrawn to their ancient homeworld of TYTHON, where they take advantage of a fragile peace to train a new generation of guardians for the Galaxy.

Now a new hope emerges. A young Padawan strong in the Force Journeys to Tython's dangerous wilderness to complete the final Jedi trials and become a knight of the republic....

Yeah this is Tython where we will be spending most of our early levels. Personally I consider Tython the weakest and blandest of all the starting planets in this game but I will let you guys decide for yourself on that.

: All right you maggots! as this is a half assed military organisation. I will expect you to stand to attention in a half assed way!

Welcome to Tython, Population: 3 interesting characters, thousands of Jedi.

And here we are In case you forgot what a real Jedi looks like.

Here's our new boss who will be giving us our final training as a Padawan. Jedi Knight Derin Weller.

: Welcome to Tython, Padawan. Everyone at the temple is looking forward to meeting you. Your former masters praise your combat skills. They say you have become an excellent duellist.

: I have never fought anyone I couldn't beat. Including my masters

: Impressive claim. If you're seeking fresh challenges, You'll find them. The Jedi Council will assign you a new master to oversee your final trials. You'll be tested in ways you can't imagine. But when you leave Tython, You'll know what it means to be a Jedi Knight. More importantly you'll know yourself.

: I didn't come here to meditate and learn boring lessons.

: These final trials will test you to your limits. Boredom is the least of your worries. There is a speeder here that will take you--hang on. Getting an emergency signal.

: ...under attack, repeat under attack! Flesh Raiders are invading the Padawan training grounds! They have Blasters! Send Help!

: Did that guy just use a whole months supply of exclamation points?

: Flesh raiders armed with blasters? He must be mistaken.

: What are these things, animals?

: Flesh raiders are a species of hostile natives. They're smart enough to use tools and violent beyond reason. I'm sending every available Jedi down to the Padawan training grounds right away--especially you.

: "especially" me? why is that?

: You've been trained for dangers like this. I know I can count on you. Take the speeder outside to the training grounds. Push back the Flesh raiders and find if they're really using advanced weapons.
Go. I'll catch up after I alert the Jedi Council. May the Force be with you.

So the indigenous population are a bunch of cannibal murderers who have risen up against the Jedi and are now armed with blasters and other modern weapons. So like the good little colonialist that we are, we must pull on our jackboots and get slaughtering the natives that are occupying our ancestral lands.

So I fly down to the proving grounds in my space taxi. Passing by these lovely statues of Women? Men? on the way to the proving grounds.

On arrival I meet a Jedi looking for help. AKA our first quest giver

: Padawan, Come here quickly. The training grounds are not safe today.

: I am here to push back those Flesh Raiders, and I don't need you slowing me down.

: If you're going out there I'll make it short and sweet. Your fellow Padawans are going to need your help. The Flesh Raiders moved into the training grounds organized and ready, attempting to isolate various groups of Padawans. There's a group of students in the hills we lost track of. They're not combat trained.

: Just let me know whats required I am here to help.

: I've got a beacon here. If you can find the Padawans and set the beacon, we'll send an evac shuttle as fast as we can.
A group of Jedi from the temple is heading that way but maybe not fast enough. May the Force be with you.

So that's two quests we have now, We need to kill 10 flesh raiders and find a missing group of Jedi trainees.

Here are the flesh raiders and a quick look at Tython. Tython is a painfully generic green rolling hills flowers and trees sort of planet. While we are there the flesh raiders are going to be our main enemies and well just look at them, they are UGLY! they look like someone has left a plasticine model of a man out in the sun to melt. Get used to them because they are the primary enemy we will see this planet.

We also get a Codex entry.

SWTOR Codex posted:

THE GNARLS

"The Gnarls" is the name given to the wilds near the outposts and landing pads beneath Masters' Retreat. It was nicknamed for the thick undergrowth that originally took several months to clear. The original explorers of Tython discovered and restored ruined stone paths and bridges leading through the Gnarls, suggesting that these wilds were once used by the ancient Jedi.

Although still a proving ground for Jedi Padawan's, in recent years the Gnarls has become increasingly dangerous, Wild animals have begun migrating closer to the outpost, and there have been sightings of Tython's native Flesh Raiders within neighboring sectors. The Jedi Council is in discussions about moving the training grounds to a safer region, but many Masters feel that risk is necessary at a certain level of tutelage; the galaxy is dangerous, and Jedi cannot be shielded forever if they're to be prepared.

Here we come across something new here, flashing blue objects can be interacted with as part of a quest or conversation.

Flesh Raider Cage: [a dead Padawan lies in the cage, succumbed to his wounds. The Flesh Raiders have apparently been trying to catch some of the Padawans alive!]
[There might be other Flesh Raider cages in the area]

So this gives us another quest, this time to break some captured students out of the flesh raiders cages. We also get our first bonus quest, If we kill at least fifteen flesh raiders before we turn in this quest as a success we earn a large chunk of XP and sometimes a bonus item.

So off I go killing flesh raiders and opening cages as I come across them.

Killing off these flesh raiders (and a few more off screen) finishes our starting quest and we get a holo-call.

: Your unharmed--good. Flesh Raider shot me in the leg while rescuing some Padawans. Don't know where those things got blasters, but they know how to use them. I've been evacuated to a med centre but the fighting isn't over.

: of all the Jedi in the galaxy why do I get the incompetent one?

: I was expecting reinforcements by now.

: Some are already here, but Flesh Raiders keep pouring in. That's why I am calling. Another Padawan found a cave tunnel that the Flesh Raiders are using to infiltrate this valley. I need you at that tunnel, to make sure the Flesh Raiders don't get any more reinforcements through it

: Apparently, I am the only competent warrior on the whole planet.

: Arrogance is unbecoming of a Jedi--as are petty insults.We need to end this conflict before anyone gets hurt. Find the tunnel along the mountain range.. May the Force be with you.

So now we have a new quest this time we have to save the day by first locating a tunnel full of Flesh Raiders and then blocking it somehow to prevent any more Flesh Raiders breaking into the tunnel. But before we do that sidequests!

Roaming the hills on the way to the cave I come across the missing band of Padawan's.

: How's he looking?

: He should be resting in the Jedi Temple. But if you're determined to press on...I can help him along

: Give him the last of the Kolto if you have to. We'll be fighting again soon. Hey! Good to see another Padawan alive out here. Your Lucky those creatures have not caught you yet.

: I haven't encountered a creature yet that could stop me.

: They couldn't take us either, and let me tell you they tried.

: We came seeking knowledge of the Jedi Code. The Flesh Raiders interrupted our trial.

: I have never fought like that in my life. We killed it but Jerridan was badly injured.

: One flesh raider did this? You really can't handle yourself can you?

: I mean seriously is their one competent Jedi on this entire planet?

: We are not warriors, Besides it is not the Jedi way to seek revenge.

: That's just your opinion Mennaus, that's not what we decided.

: Training or not, a bunch of animals won't keep us from becoming Jedi.

: Isn't she right? Jedi don't give up.... Do they?

: She is wrong, Remember the Jedi code, "there is no passion there is serenity...."

: That's enough, Mennaus!
If you want to help us--we could use you. Help make the Flesh Raiders pay.

So here we come to our first Light Side/Darkside choice. Evacuate the students? or aid them in gaining revenge? So I of course make the logical choice. No ignorant savages will kill off the superior Jedi race under my watch!

: All right. Let's teach those monsters to stay out of the Gnarls

: Here's what we need. then--if you can take the flesh raiders head-on, we can come around and flank them.
When you're finished let the watchmen at camp know we're coming back. It just may take us a while.

: May the Force be with you!

We also get another Codex entry.

SWTOR Codex posted:

FLESH RAIDERS:

Fierce creatures with an unrelenting hunger, Flesh Raiders are believed to be Tython's only sentient natives. They are at least partially intelligent, capable of building shelters and assembling basic weapons from scavenged technology, but attempts to communicate with them have ended violently. Known for devouring their prisoners and any animals they come across, the flesh raiders were formerly content to live in their bone strewn caves in the hills. More recently, the expansion of the Jedi and the defenceless Twi'lek Pilgrims seems to have drawn them to the valleys.

No one knows where the Flesh Raiders come from. Some speculate that they were once a civilised people, driven to cannibalism and madness over years of isolation. Others fear they are the results of dark side experiments. Whatever their origins Flesh raiders have only grown more powerful and numerous over the years, and they are quickly becoming a blight on Tython.

So here we get another quest to kill off a few more flesh raiders and burn down their supplies. Tune in next time to watch me genocide kill a few more of them for the colonial glory protection of the Jedi.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Night10194 posted:

You know, I remember back when you were getting speeches in KOTOR 2 about how 'No Jedi would die to stray blaster fire, it's embarassing.' and 'If I see another idiot rush a Jedi head on with a blaster, I'll shoot him myself.'

And yet here we are. "Oh no, the horrible ogres have BLASTERS, we are doomed despite our precognitive ability to deflect bullets!" NPC syndrome hits these chaps hard, I see.

Feinne posted:

Well these Jedi are clearly VERY bad at their jobs. Maybe they're in the Jedi janitorial brigade or something? The heretofore unknown Jedi ditch diggers who aren't any good at fighting or much of anything really.

To be slightly fair in KOTOR 2 we were playing a veteran Jedi General with years of experience in wars. These are 14 year old kids who aren't even issued a proper lightsaber yet.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Episode 2: Set up for a Buddy Cop Movie

From the Personal Holocron of R'andayn:

Now where was I?

Oh right, campaign of wanton genocide against the natives sat on the Jedi promised land. That was it, Anyway, I cut my way through the Flesh Raiders towards the cave Weller had mentioned. I was like a whirlwind of destruction, even at such a young age.

Burning the Flesh Raiders supplies, Liberating my fellow Padawans, Life was so much more fun back then not like now. But then I guess we all have nostalgia for our misspent youth.

I remember I even got a commendation for the rescues, They overlooked the slaughter I guess, I was never rewarded for doing what needed to be done, but then again they never punished me either for being so unjedilike so I suppose it all evens out in the end

When I made it to the cave I was shocked, How was one little Padawan like myself supposed to block a cave that large? This was before I understood the true power of the force. You see the force cares little for size, whether a job is big or small is irrelevant, all that matters is that one possesses the necessary will and focus and moving mountains becomes as easy as moving molehills.

So I cut my way through the cave searching for the means by which the flesh raiders had invaded our peaceful little jedi retreat. That was when I met him.

I can't remember the kids name, but I recall his words extremely well, you might say this is where it all started, where I became the individual I am today

: Stop struggling, Padawan. Your life was over the moment you set foot in here.

: You are Jedi. Why would you kill me?

: Because the order must evolve--and you are weak.

: Whatever your problem is, ugly, I am here to end it.

: Be careful there is something wrong with this jedi-- and he's not alone,

: Hmm, you are... dangerous, You killed my soldiers.

: He commands the Flesh Raiders attacking us.

: And the award for Best Example of Stating the Obvious, goes to....

: Not attacking--cleansing. And we have only just begun.

: I'll do some cleansing of my own.

30 seconds later

Remember how I said there were maybe 3 interesting characters on Tython meet number 1

: You two alright? What happened here?

: This Jedi attacked us, Master Orgus. He was sick... confused.

: Thank the force that your both safe. This man's no Jedi--at least, not one of us.

: You missed the fun, Master. Did you have something better to do?

: I was distracted by a pack of hungry Flesh Raiders. Thought I looked delicious.

: This lightsaber...there is something familiar about it. Strange. You held off all three attackers by yourself with only a practice saber. Impressive.

: The force was with me, as usual. Also I caught a fish this big!

: Don't confuse confidence with arrogance, Padawan. Your masters should've taught you the difference. and there aren't any fish that big on Tython, Liar! . The battles over, but we don't want any more Flesh raiders coming through here.

:Holy blue force ghost Batman!

It was at this point that I first began to discern the true power and majesty of the force

: That should hold them back, for now.

: I want to learn how to do that.

:Spend a few decades practising, and you'll pick it up in no time.

: I'm injured, Master Orgus. Are the training grouds safe for travel?

: Not yet. I'll get you to a medcenter. You seem all right to travel alone. Report to the Jedi council.

: I only just arrived on Tython. Where am I going?

: Follow the path leading out of this valley. You'll find the Jedi Temple through the mountain pass. See you there.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Master Orgus Din

A grizzled Jedi Master who's fought more battles with the Sith than any other living member of the order, Master Orgus Din, was an eyewitness to the Sacking of Coruscant. The destruction of the Jedi Temple, along with the loss of his Padawan, Bengel Morr, Hardened him. Now considered a maverick among his peers, Orgus prefers to leave meditation, debate and diplomacy to the Jedi Council while he goes out and gets things done.

Despite his somewhat abrasive nature, there are many among the order who respect Orgus as a man of action. Yet even though he would be the first to argue that the Jedi need more individuals like himself, Orgus is still haunted by what he has seen and has refused to take on a new Padawan for many years.

One uneventful hike back to camp later

: The Padawans are a bit shaky, but they're alive. They wanted to stay so I cleared them a path.

: That's brave of them--but not what the council wanted. I hope they'll be all right.

: That was a useless endeavour.

: It may seem like it, but knowing the Padawans are safe is something. And there will be no more training here until we have cleared the area. How does smallpox infested blankets sound to you? You'll probably want to get back to your trials. Again thank you and may the force be with you.

: So I set off for the temple with much to think on. However on the way I ran into one of these.

A little discreet research later revealed this to be an Uxibeast, a rather small and unimpressive specimen thereof, They were certainly ugly as sin, and almost as mean

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Uxibeat

Deceptively aggressive, Uxibeasts are mammalian herbivores with a multitude of horns covering their shaggy bodies. They are believed to originate on Tython, but they have been found in small numbers on other planets- evidence of the migration of the first Jedi, long ago. They typically travel in herds, and are quite capable of fending off would-be predators; the pointed spines on their backs prevent attackers from pouncing o them, and a charging uxibeast is capable of inflicting all kinds of bodily harm.

Uxibeasts are generally ill-tempered and unpleasant around people, but they can be tamed-to a degree, Domesticated Uxibeasts will imprint on a single individual, whom they are unquestionably loyal to, while remaining hostile to everyone else.

Having finally fought my way down the mountain, through packs of flesh raiders I came before the Jedi temple.

I halted in front of the temple, Half paralyzed by awe at its beauty, and half held by disgust at its decadence. For an order that preached a life of austerity and poverty the Jedi temple was certainly a statement about something. Perhaps it was a testament to the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order? On my way into the temple I encountered another Jedi looking for some help

: Padawan, I heard you have you've begun your trials. Master Orgus speaks very highly of you. No doubt your pleased to come this far. But some Jedi have the power to do more, help more people. Interested?

: Yeah sure Always looking for a way to help,

: A war is brewing in the greater galaxy. The Sith Empire plots against the Republic, and the republic looks to the Jedi for aid. But not all who train to be Jedi are skilled combatants and leaders. Many are scholars, diplomats, strategists and scientists. Which is why we have created a simulation to test Jedi and Padawans and certify them to lead republic troops.

: If your looking for a leader, you've come to the right person where do I start?

: Confidence is good. A leader must have confidence in herself and others. Just don't get arrogant. The droids in the yard have been programmed to act according to imperial military protocols and battlefield tactics. Demonstrate your proficiency at defeating these droids, and you will be on your way to qualifying to lead republic troops into battle. Can you do it?

: Whatever you say, works for me.

: Excellent. The first set of training droids are ready for you. Get to it.

10 seconds later

: I'm impressed. Hopefully we will have something more challenging for you soon.

END RECORDING...

So tried something new with this update, a more narrative approach.And I am curious to know what people think. Do you like it? or do you prefer the more dry style of the first update? Updated with dolash's suggestion vv

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 13, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Xander77 posted:

1. Are you buying your punctuation marks from the ingame store (topical humor huzzah) Periods question marks and comas are freely available to all LPers Use them Proof read what you write and don't just dump a bunch of words into a sentence.

(Yes, like I just did by way of illustration)

2. Don't repeat text that was already featured in a screenshot.

Edit - Also, stick with some form of narration, unless you have a good reason to change things up. Are you just commenting on the events that take place in the game? That's good, stick with that. Are you doing flashback commentary in character? That's a pretty bad idea (and execution) but at least be consistent about it.

Kloro posted:

Ferrosol, I'm enjoying the writing in your posts, but can you please, please, run your installments through a grammar checker or similar before you post them? The random capitalisations and misplaced punctuation are really distracting. Thanks.

e:f; b.

Part of it is I suck at grammar and punctuation. So apologies for all the errors, and expect a lot more in future. I will do my best to exterminate this mental and moral failing, and bend all my efforts to mastering the secrets of the common comma, and devote extensive research into figuring out how the hell you use these things; in a sentence.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Episode 3: Come for the story; stay for the grammar lesson.

Start Recording:

Before I was rudely interrupted, I was talking about my first visit to the Jedi temple on Tython, I think.

As I made my way up the temple steps, I encountered a fellow student with a message for me.

: Peace on to you, friend, I bear word from the Masters of the temple. Will you take a moment and hear my message?

: "Will you take a moment?" Who speaks like that?

: Many pardons. Basic is not my first tongue. Your present mission is all important, but the masters want to make sure you do not miss what the temple has to offer. When you have time, see Master Muheeda. He will guide you in the other skills of the Jedi.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Jedi Temple

Since the destruction of the original temple during the Sacking of Courscant, the Jedi Temple on Tython has become the spiritual home and sanctuary of the Jedi Order. Housing meditation rooms, lecture theatres and the Jedi Archives, the temples architecture was deliberately changed from the original on Coruscant, in line with the Jedi teachings on non-attachment. The new design is intended to echo the style of Alderaan's famous castles and to evoke the Jedi virtues of humility, serenity and patience.

Construction began a year after the Jedi made a permanent settlement on Tython and took three years to complete using local stone and timber. The temples site, built on the ruins of a much older temple, was chosen by the Jedi Council after a week of fasting and meditation. While the temples formidable technological defences are concealed and integrated into the architecture, it is the presence of the Council and the Jedi who train there who truly ensure its safety from invaders.

As I entered the halls of the Jedi temple, my Holocom began to vibrate, answering it revealed to be a message from a Jedi Master by the name of Satele Shan.

: Padawan--I'm Satele Shan, leader of the Jedi, leader of the Jedi council. I'd like to speak privately with you before we meet with the others.

: Have I done something wrong?

: No, and don't worry, this will be an informal meeting. Come to my meditation room in temple, we'll talk there.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Satele Shan

Grand Master of the Jedi Order, and leader of the Jedi Council, Satele Shan was born on the Core World of Brentaal Four and is descended from legendary Jedi Bastila Shan. Both a gifted warrior and wise teacher, Satele was personally responsible for rediscovering Tython and its hyperspace route. Ever since, she has devoted herself to the Jedi resettlement of Tython and the revitalisation of the Order.

Satele has played a key role in recent galactic history in other ways, as well. She fought on the front lines of several major battles-including the battles of Alderaan and Rhen Varr-and was present as a Padawan during the Imperial retaking of Korriban, the first modern contact between the Sith Empire and the Republic. She is greatly respected by certain members of the Republic military, and her advice is often sought by the Supreme Chancellor. In person, Satele's strength in the Force is matched with a keen intelligence and a subtle sense of humour.

The first thing I noticed upon entering the temple with the ugliest modern art installation I have ever seen. Now I am no art critic, but that thing was ugly. Supposedly, it was some sort of metaphor for the force, but I never got it.

First things first, I paid a visit to Jedi Master Muheeda, who then proceeded to give me a long and boring lecture about the role of the Jedi Knight in the modern order. Fortunately, I was able to skip out halfway through by mentioning my meeting with Jedi Master Shan. I was lucky apparently, According to some of the other Padawans, the man could go on for hours.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Jedi Knight

Jedi Knights are the orders protectors and defenders, Knights charge into the fray with Force Leap, employing unmatched lightsaber prowess and a tactical use of the Force.

Primary Attribute: Strength

Strength increases the damage and critical chances of the Knights Melee and Force powers. This remains so for both the Sentinel and the Guardian Advanced Classes.

Advanced Classes (Available at Level 10): Jedi Sentinel and Jedi Guardian.

Jedi Sentinel (Damage): Jedi Sentinels are highly disciplined masters of Lightsaber Combat. Sentinels fight with two lightsabers and can build force quickly with Zealous strike, unlocking the use of more powerful moves like Slash or Cauterize.

Jedi Guardian (Damage, Defence): Jedi Guardians are stalwart defenders, equipped with a single lightsaber and heavy armour. A Guardian can rend armour with Sundering Strike, protect allies with Guardian Leap, and those specialising in Defence act as lodestars and protectors on the battlefield.

I walked in on Jedi Master Shan to find her meditating.

: Welcome, Padawan. The temple is already buzzing with accounts of your heroism in the training grounds. Master Orgus told me you battled flesh raiders, and a force user, armed with a lightsaber, that must have been a disturbing confrontation, Are you alright?

: I won the fight. What else matters?

: Even the most experienced Jedi can be unbalanced by violence. Taking a life affects the Living Force--and the one who does the killing. This is why Jedi enter the battlefield calmly, with reason, Emotions like fear and anger lead to the dark side.

: Seriously, tell me you're joking. You can't expect me to be reasonable in the heat of battle.

: That's the paradox all Jedi face when they fight. You will find a way. You must. As the Jedi code teaches us, "There is no emotion, there is peace." remember those words when times are darkest. And take this hands over a new shirt , the code is a source of strength, but some backup never hurts. I'll see you soon in the council chambers.

Leaving her to her meditations, I headed for the Council chamber.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Jedi Council

Those who walk the path of the Jedi are guided and overseen by the Jedi High Council. Sworn to defend and protect the Republic, the council has existed in one form or another for millennia. comprised of the wisest Jedi Masters of every era.

After the destruction of the Jedi Temple and the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, the modern council removed itself from the politics of the galactic and settled on Tython, the ancestral home of the Jedi. Led by Master Satele Shan, the council now struggles to uphold its peaceful ideals in the face of the Sith threat. This paradox is reflected in the personalities and beliefs of various members of the Council-some, such as the scholarly Master Syo Bakran, hope the Sith can be redeemed and turned to the light side; others, such as the militaristic Master Jaric Kaden, believe that peace can only be achieved when all those who serve the dark side are destroyed.

: I searched the temple archives, This Force user leading the Flesh Raiders never received Jedi Training.

: Then the Sith have found us. Shouldn't we get ready for them?

: Calm yourself, Padawan. We can't be certain of anything, yet.

: But we've all sensed a growing darkness--perhaps it's finally revealed itself.

: So, what did I miss?

: We're just having a nice end-of-the-world chat.

: Everyone, this Padawan who saved our people in the training grounds.

: This is Master Kiwiks and her extremely vocal Padawan, Kira. The other masters are transmitting from distant worlds.

: It's unfortunate our numbers are scattered.

: Indeed. The temple's safety is unexpectedly threatened. The Flesh Raiders were disorganized primitives before today.

: I think you've been misinformed.

: We clearly underestimated the natives. The man leading the Flesh Raiders probably wasn't acting alone.

: Much of Tython remains unexplored, and we have few resources to spare.

: I'll handle it--with the help of my new Padawan.

: Orgus, you haven't taken a Padawan since Coruscant.

: The Force is strong in her. Stronger than I have seen in decades.

: I can think of no finer master to complete this Padawan's training.

: It will be a privilege. Ooh buddy cop time, I'm the wise cracking youngster with a lot to learn; he is the old school Jedi who won't play by the rules and together they fight crime Sith

: Don't get too excited, you're in for some hard work. You'll find supplies in my chambers downstairs. Go equip yourself. I'll meet you there.

2 Minutes Later in Master Orgus Din's quarters

: Blast those council meetings. I'd die of old age before my colleagues run out of things to say.

: It seems talking is what they are best at.

: Council members earn their seats after many victories and sacrifices. Respect that. This situation has come at you fast. You're braving dangers many Jedi never have to face. I wouldn't blame you for having questions. This may be the only time to ask them.

: I get the feeling you know more about this threat than you're telling me.

: I have... a bad feeling about this. What? Someone had to say it. But that's all. When I know more. I will tell you. Trust me.

: You're leaving me unprepared.

: The Force will guide us both through this--with a little help.

: There's a group of Twi'lek Pilgrims, on Tython. They've been fighting the Flesh Raiders for months. The Republic asked us to deny those Twi'leks aid-- they settled here illegally--but frankly, we need them. I mean seriously how the Republic expects us to maintain our lawns and pick fruit without the illegals. I don't know.

: Please tell me this isn't a diplomatic mission,

: The Twi'leks are in the thick of it. I suspect you'll have to fight your way to them. The Twi'leks have a settlement in the mountains. That's your next stop. Establish a base camp and speak to the Matriarch. Find out everything the Twi'leks know about the flesh raiders.

: Anything you can tell me about the Twi'lek leader?

: Word is she's not our biggest fan. You may have to convince her otherwise. I'll join you soon. May the force be with you.

End Recording

So, diligent miners found an untapped vein of punctuation in the Pet Island forums and are now bringing in the good stuff. I trust this is an improvement?

edit. Fixed broken dialogue.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 14, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Brainamp posted:

Tython is ruining the good name of all the single biome planets in the galaxy. changing from forest to wasteland, what was it thinking. :colbert:

Blame the natives, they obviously can't look after their own land, so they need a white Jedi ruler to do it for them.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Update 4: No Planet for Old Twi'Leks

Begin Recording

So there I was, sent to talk nice and find out whatever the pilgrims knew about the Flesh Raiders. Due to Master Orgus being too cheap to spring for a speeder, I had to hike all the way up there, and let me tell you it was a long walk.

Still, I suppose all the exercise is what kept me fit.

The village was pretty well built for a shantytown that was thrown together by a bunch of refugee's .Obviously; someone in there had some sort of construction training and knew what they were doing.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Kalikori Village

Named after a Twi'Lek word for "beginning," Kalikori village is a settlement in the Tythonian Hills, founded by a group of Twi'Lek Pilgrims, fleeing persecution. The Pilgrims asked the Republic for permission to settle on Tython but were refused; defying the ruling, the pilgrims founded a small camp that eventually grew into Kalikori village. The villages Matriarch's home is built on the site of the original landing.

Kalikori is technically an illegal settlement, without protection under Republic law. As the village grew, boasting fertile fields and its own irrigation system, the Twi'Lek Pilgrims realized they were expanding into Flesh Raider territory, and have been fighting off the creatures ever since without outside help. Despite the anger of the villagers at the Jedi who have "abandoned" them, many Padawans travel to Kalikori village to seek the Matriarch's blessing or to learn the Pilgrims' teachings.

There appeared to be some sort of party or religious festival going on; Twi'Leks everywhere falling over drunk and running and laughing, but one person did not seem to be having much fun at all. Therefore, I went over and talked to him.

: You're too late, Jedi--like all the other times. The Flesh Raiders already came. They already took their victims. My Father knew these mountains. He helped guide the patrols when he could. But when the Flesh Raiders appeared...he never made it home. He wasn't young, but he deserves better than to be ripped apart. Show compassion, Jedi--find him, and kill any raiders, who stop you,

: Bootstraps! Learn whatever you need to handle this yourself.

: There's that Jedi cruelty. You claim to be good and noble, but you would rather let a man die than expend effort.

: I do enjoy killing Flesh Raiders; I'll think it over.

: Then while you're thinking. I'll listen to the echoes of my father's screams. If you find him--if he's hurt or confused--you'll know him by his golden promise ring. He wouldn't part with it...not until death.

Moving away from the obvious crazy person, I headed for the Matriarch's home. In front of it stood a middle-aged Twi'Lek woman who called me over.

: Come over here, Jedi, and spare a moment for a humble servant of the Matriarch, I promise, your other dealings will wait. My name is Vederiat Ayon. I minister to the bodies and spirits of the villagers... and I have a request. I speak of the Flesh Raiders. Of late, we've seen them growing stronger-- and I know why.

: What are the Flesh Raiders, exactly? Where did they come from?

: No one's sure. They were here when the pilgrims came to Tython. The Flesh Raiders have been experimenting, concocting an elixir that makes them ravenous. The ones who drink it go mad. Their lips froth, and they pounce like starving animals. Its black medicine--primitive and evil.

: By the Force! You mean the Flesh Raiders have... invented Special Brew. How could Flesh Raiders learn to do something like that?

: I have no idea; such wickedness is beyond our comprehension. I'm more of a white wine drinker myself. We lack the numbers to attack the Flesh Raiders directly, and not even the Jedi could wipe the monsters from this world. But with our warriors' help, the Jedi could reach the Flesh Raider caves and destroy their vats of elixir.

: The Jedi could probably do that. The Jedi could probably do many things.

: Must I put it more clearly? Help us destroy the Flesh Raider elixirs. I won't beg. But understand, this is for your people, too.

: I will make sure the elixir is destroyed.

: Odumis Mer knows where the vats are hidden. He is our guard captain. Talk to him to learn their secrets.

I promised I would. First, I decided to call on the Matriarch. The Matriarch's dwelling was nothing fancy, different only in the size of it from the other homes in the village.

Inside the house, stood an older Twi'Lek alongside two younger ones. I immediately pegged the elder as the Matriarch and the two younger Twi'Leks as advisers. Advancing forward I launched into my diplomatic spiel.

: Greetings, Matriarch. Master Orgus Din has sent me to assist you in fighting the Flesh Raiders.

: Nothing to do with the attack on your training grounds, I'm sure.

: We didn't realize how great a threat the Flesh Raiders had become.

: And now you seek help from the people you once ignored. My scouts have tracked the Flesh Raiders for months. Watched them grow in strength. I will share what we have discovered. But only if you agree to protect my people. We... we suffer...

: Mother, you need rest. Let me carry this burden for you.

: The Matriarch appears sick. Does she need a doctor?

: Thank you, but we have our own healers. Besides, we don't trust all that healing power of crystals bullshit you Jedi push.

: This is my daughter, Ranna Tao'Ven. She and Scout Chief Moorint here will speak for me. I must attend to... other matters...

: Personally, I don't care why you've come--as long as you destroy the Flesh Raiders. Ever since they got their new weapons and gear, they hunt us like animals. The enemy has a camp in the valley nearby. My scouts say the Flesh Raiders store their weapons and other tech in a cave.

: I guess I'm willing to check it out.

: They're slaughtering us with their technology. You want our help? Deal with it. We need to strike fear into the Flesh Raiders. Sabotage their weapons. Fix it so they blow up in their ugly faces.... Their technology is standard Republic designs we could overload the power circuits and plasma coils. Here. I'll show you... Sabotage would thin the Flesh Raiders numbers and eliminate their technological advantage.

: If you brought that technology here, we could defend ourselves with those weapons.

: You wouldn't know what to do with weapons like those.

: We've survived persecution before. We can fight but we need better weapons.

: The debate is pointless unless you can get inside that cave. You'll need one of the leader's access keys.

: Find the Flesh Raider technology and do what you think is best. Good luck, Master Jedi.

So there was my mission, to win the allegiance of the Pilgrims by annihilating the Flesh Raiders technology stockpiles. On my way out of the Pilgrim village, I encountered another Pilgrim.

: Hey Jedi want to take part in a sacred ritual? There's a reward in it.

: Loot you say?

5 minutes later

: hand over the loot or I'll shove this training saber where the sun doesn't shine.

: There you go.

: I love this job.

Finally ready to leave the village I stopped and talked to Odumis about the Flesh Raider menace.

Jedi. I think I know what you've been doing. Vederiat sent you to speak with me. She told you about the flesh raider elixir, didn't she? How it makes the Flesh raiders strong? Vederiat's been looking for a way to destroy the elixir--but she's making a terrible mistake. We shouldn't destroy the elixir. We need it! And I'll pay you well if you bring it to me.

: I am not here to bargain with you just tell me where the elixir is.

But I can pay you credits--Republic credits. More than Vederiat will offer. The elixir can make our guardsmen strong. Yes, it may change them, but it will work. We can defend our village and destroy our foes. Imagine--if the elixir can make a Flesh Raider powerful, what would it do for a Pilgrim warrior? Bring it to me and you'll be rewarded. Praised!

: While I am half-tempted, to see how you cope with the clusterfuck that would be giving you people strong booze; the Jedi Council would go rancorshit at me.
I won't help you feed the elixir to the Pilgrims. Besides winners don't do drugs apart from maybe Lance Armstrong

Fine. Obey the orders of an old woman and destroy the elixir... but pilgrim blood is on your hands. The elixir is in the caves beyond our village. I doubt Jedi can even come close to the vats.

So, off I went, out into the heart of Flesh Raider territory in search of their main stockpiles to destroy. It was immediately obvious when I entered Flesh Raider territory, as the lush rolling plains of Tython gave way to what looked like a blasted wasteland.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Tythos Ridge

The primitive Flesh Raiders have turned the once-lush mountains of Tythos Ridge into a horrific camp from which to launch their raids on the other denizens of Tython. The ground is black and barren; the trees and foliage burned away. The air is thick with the stench of death, and piles of bones desecrate ancient Tythonian pillars, mute testament to the countless victims of the Flesh Raider's appetites.

Tythos Ridge was never fully studied during the early stages of Tython's Jedi reoccupation; Master Bestros proposed its use as a meditation retreat, but since then, the increasing numbers of Flesh Raiders has made exploration impossible. It is unclear whether a small Flesh Raider village was the seed for this now-vast settlement, or whether the Flesh Raiders migrated en-masse- but either way, for Jedi Masters seeking to understand these creatures, further reconnaissance of the ridge is a necessity.

As I made my way across the ridge I came across the body of a dead Twi'Lek; its bones picked clean of all flesh. Near the body lay a holopad, with a message on it.

: They've found me. Oh, Matriarch... forgive me... the flesh raiders are here, I can't fight them--the patrol is too far away--I can't... Goodbye, my son. My Matriarch. Goodbye.

Lying beside the body was a small golden ring; I took this to mean that these were the bones of Tazonthes missing father. I gathered up his bones as best I could and resolved to return them to his home. First, I had a mission to complete. I cut my way through the Flesh Raider encampment destroying the supplies of elixir wherever I could find them. Until finally I stood in front of the Flesh Raiders, arms cave.

On, entering the cave I found it packed full of flesh raiders, all heavily armed and dangerous. However, even the might of a well-armed and insane Flesh Raider horde could not stand against me.

At the back of the cave, one flesh raider did cause some minor problems but he was soon dealt with.

Said flesh Raider happened to have a key to the weapons stockpile. Inside was a mish-mash of technological items from all over the galaxy, the vast majority of them being standard republic combat gear.

Tech Cache: [This Cache contains weapons and technology the flesh raiders use to raid and hunt the Twi'Leks.]

: Wish I could see the Flesh Raiders' faces when this stuff blows up on them...

Suddenly a battered old Astromech droid in the corner came to life.

: T7 = Glad to see Jedi // T7= Captured by Flesh Raiders + needs rescuing.

: I didn't come here for you, droid.

: Serving Jedi Order= T7s' primary programming. T7= Jedi Reconnaissance droid// mission parameters= scout wilderness + identify hazards. T7s' restraining bolt = faulty+ malfunctioning// T7s' sensors=unable to detect Flesh Raider ambush.

: Right, the old "restraining bolt excuse". Admit it--you're just incompetent.

: T7= well maintained + always loyal // Restraining bolt unnecessary. T7= Simulated deactivation+ used spy camera // T7= recorded Flesh Raider allies.

Editors Note: Due to Bioware loving up in their subtitles and spoiling a major plot twist, I had to edit some of the following screenshots, clumsily.

A Hooded Figure: Teach our Soldiers how to use these weapons. Train them on the Twi'Lek invaders.

: When will we strike against the invaders?

A Hooded Figure: Patience, Callef. The Jedi will fall when our army reaches full strength.

: T7 Recording= Useful // Jedi= Take T7 to safety + remove restraining bolt.

: You can come with me, but I am not removing anything.

: T7 prediction= 50% survival chance until next maintenance. T7= Ready to roll!

I knew I had to get this droid back to the village quickly this seemed to explain the whole drat problem with the Flesh Raiders; also it seemed more trouble was coming our way.

Recording ends

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Bruceski posted:

If guids are hoofed quadrupeds, why are its front "legs" fully-functional hands with claws? Are the Jedi dumping something in the water supply? Some toxic byproduct of all their smug and force-user's privilege?

Inferior posted:

The Dark Side. The answer is always the Dark Side.

A wizard Force User did it; is the answer to all star wars queries.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Brainamp posted:

The guardian gets the best companions. The only one who can compare is the inquisitor with Khem Val.

So am I alone in disliking T7? Maybe it's just I don't like droid companions in general but I never really liked him, I found the second companion the Jedi Guardian gets much more interesting.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 18, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

quote:

Kind of a short update, but my next will much longer. Guess what, I'm the one who's grabbing the Republic Datacrons :v:

Somebody has to, and I am not that insane dedicated.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Update 5: Attack of the Side Quests

Recording Begins

On making it back to the village, the first thing I did was trudge over to Tazonthe and tell him about the death of his father.

: Jedi, you're back. What happened out there? Where is my father?

: I have him right here--what's left of him.

: This is what's left? His body? His ring? Those monsters! Tell me you cut them to pieces for what they did.

: Of course. I killed them all; it was what had to happen.

: I am glad some Jedi are willing to take a stand. Some of you understand that not all creatures deserve to live. I wanted my father back. I didn't really believe it would happen. But at least you went out there for a reason. At least you spilled blood.

With that gruesome job out of the way, I moved on towards the Matriarchs home, only to be intercepted by Vederiat who wished to thank me for my help in destroying the Flesh raiders booze elixir stockpiles.

: You look well, Jedi. I'm glad the Flesh Raiders didn't hurt you. Did you destroy the dark elixir?

: Odumis tried to bribe me to leave the elixir intact. But--yes, I destroyed it.

: Odumis wanted the elixir for himself, I suppose? You needn't tell me--I can guess. His encounter with the Flesh Raiders addled his mind. I will attend to him. In the meantime thank you.

With those distractions out of the way, I finally made it to the Matriarchs home, inside was Master Orgus, Ranna and a strange Twi'Lek arguing loudly with both of them.

: She died in my arms. You should've seen what those filth did to her.

: I'm sorry, Saylew. We all share your loss.

: for every one of us the Flesh Raiders butcher, we should kill ten! No, a hundred!

: Will that restore your loved one to life?

: Don't lecture me, Jedi. My wife is dead! Our people slaughtered! Where were you then?

: I sabotaged the Flesh Raiders' weapons. They'll pay for what they've done.

: Sabotage? It's not enough. It'll never be enough. The Flesh Raiders won't stop until we're all dead. Are you going to let that happen?

: I won't quit until the Flesh Raiders are defeated. That's a promise.

: We'll see what a Jedi's promise is worth.

: I hope you can fulfil that pledge. I fear he won't take disappointment well. People wonder why Jedi are forbidden to marry or have families. They don't see how attachments always lead to suffering. Passionate emotions can destroy a person--and Jedi destroyed by passion become something terrible.

: T7=Salutes Master Orgus // T7 reconnaissance report= ready for delivery

: This thing's been a pain in my neck since the Flesh Raider camp.

: One of our long ranged probe--I thought we'd lost all of them.

: T7's holorecording=enemies of the Jedi // T7= play back for Master Orgus.

: While I deal with the Droid, talk to Ranna. I think her people are ready to help us, thanks to you.

: One of our scouts watched from a distance while you invaded the Flesh Raider camp. He said you defeated many of them. Your heroism gives me hope that we'll survive this.

: I did as you asked--for information, nothing more.

: Of course. And I will honour that bargain.

Scouts report that the Flesh Raider forces are gathering in strength. They already control the mountains around us, and now they are invading the Ruins of Kaleth. My men spotted them at the remains of an ancient shrine-- close to your Jedi Temple.

: Kaleth was a great city of Force users, its ruins still hold powers we don't understand.

The Flesh Raiders are looking for something there.

: We can't let them find it. Drive back those Flesh Raiders immediately. I have to take this droid back to the council. That hooded figure in the holo--I know his voice. The situation is worse than I thought. Do whatever it takes to push the Flesh Raiders out of Kaleth. I'll send reinforcements as soon as possible.

: You aren't going to tell me what's happening?

: Take too long. Just be aware that Kaleth is a place of great danger. If you see the hooded figure from the holo, do not engage him. Now get going.

Given that the fate of the Jedi Order was at stake, Master Orgus proved willing to put his hand in his pocket and actually pay for a speeder back to the Jedi Temple. Once there my old friend with the war droids stopped me.

: Hey Padawan, got a minute?

: Can't stop, Flesh Raider invasion to thwart.

: Come on it won't take long

: Fine, but when the Flesh Raiders are nibbling on your left leg don't blame me.

: That was an impressive go earlier, but we've upped the programming on those droids. Care to give it another shot? Get out there and show them what you're made of.

5 seconds later

: Good work out there. We're going to have to get you a real challenge next time.

With that complete. I had to hike out to the Jedi archaeological site in Kaleth. While crossing over the river I came across two Jedi Masters having an... energetic discussion.

: I seem to be cursed. Why do I always seem to get the pupils who think they're the exceptions to the rule?

: Master Silvarte, it's true that our Padawans are acting a bit strangely, but I don't think there is cause for concern.

: Wait, I have an idea. You Padawan, I know you.

: I'm sorry master are you talking to me?

: Yes. It's usually what I do when I wish an audience with someone.

: Master Silvarte is concerned about a couple of our Padawans. He suspects that they're well...

: Rocking the Casbah? Making the beast with two backs? Playing hide the sausage? Dancing the horizontal mamba? *continues for several minutes* discussing Uganda?

: Yes, that.

: If I am correct, they are following their passions down a dark path.

: Am I to understand that love leads to the dark side?

: Emotions disrupt balance. When you hold one person in higher regard than others, it clouds clarity and twists reason. We mustn't stand by.

: In all other aspects, these two are model pupils. But I agree we would be remiss if we didn't do what we can to settle the issue.

: They may be more open and revealing with a fellow student like you. We need you to confront them and discover if they are indeed cultivating a romance.

: I'm basically to become a glorified snoop, then.

: You are helping the order to root out the seeds of darkness. There is no task more important.

: There names are Moracen and Spanios. As we speak, they are in the ruins of Lower Kaleth.

: So go, talk with them and report back what you discover about their relationship. Try not to alert or alarm them, if they are in love, they are sure to be volatile.

: Wait, one question, So Jedi are not supposed to have any emotions right, but won't encouraging them to bottle up their emotions only make them more potent when they finally erupt? Won't that make them more likely to turn to the dark side?

it has been known to happen on a few occasions.

: how many?

: only in about 47% of all Jedi... But we usually put them down before they go kill crazy.

So, with my new mission to snitch on my fellow students, I set off towards Lower Kaleth, on the way I encountered yet another distraction. Wasn't there one competent Jedi on the whole planet who could solve their own drat problems?

: Master Orgus's new apprentice, wow. Everyone says you're great with a vibroblade. I'm Fia--er, Padawan Fia. Still having to get used to having a title. I've just started learning about the Force. I've got a long way to go before I'm as good as you.

: I won't deny it.

: I thought Jedi were supposed to be humble. Or maybe that's only for beginners like me. I still can't believe I'm here. Just last week, I was crewing a garbage scow on Raxus Prime. Then this scary looking Jedi shows up out of nowhere and says he can sense the Force in me. What are the odds?

: There's no such thing as luck, Padawan. You're meant to be here.

: Say, do you know Master Till'in? He's the one who discovered me. I'm trying to get a message to him. Master Till'in is studying a big mystery in Kaleth's ruins. Something about ancient droids attacking people? If you're headed to the ruins, would you give him this holorecording from me? I'd be so grateful.

: This isn't a job for a Jedi like me.

: Wait, I don't expect you to do it for nothing. I'm good with gadgets. I'll build you something useful.

: We have an understanding then.

: Terrific, I'll get to work on it right away and send it to you soon. Here's the holorecording. Master Till'in has a small camp outside the ruins of Kaleth. Thanks for doing this.

*Several Flesh Raider ambushes later *

Once in the dingy little camp I went straight over to Master Till'in to deliver the message.

: Welcome, Padawan to Orgus Din. Your Master speaks highly of your potential.

: Good thing they're aren't children around--you'd scare them to death.

: Children are never frightened of me--or perhaps they're simply more polite than adults. Let's see what you've brought me... ah yes. Fia. The poor girl is still apologizing for shooting me on Raxus Prime. I forget how violently some humans react on first meeting my species. I don't understand why they all seem to shoot first before asking questions.

: Who knows why humans do anything?

: Now, now. Let us embrace tolerance. Not all beings are as enlightened as we are. It-was kind of you to deliver this holorecording, though I should gently instruct Padawan Fia to stop interrupting my work. Speaking of which... Here, examine this droids cognitive unit I recovered form the ruins. Twenty-thousand years old, yet still functional. Our forebears built things to last,

: What happened to the rest of the droids parts?

: Regrettably, I was forced to dismantle it with my lightsaber. The ruins of Lower Kaleth are filled with droids constructed during Tython's original colonization by the galaxies first Force users. We don't know the Tythonian droids' purpose--only that they attack anyone who enters the ruins. My mission is to learn why.

: I'll leave you to it then.

: Wait, please. These droids are growing increasingly lethal. I could use your assistance in dealing with them. It's been millennia since the Tythonian droids were memory wiped. Their programming lies buried among trillions of accumulated databits. I've constructed a scanner to analyse the droids' cognitive units for command protocols, but I need several samples to sort through the static.

: You want me to do this?

: Your master has great confidence in your abilities, as do I. This task won't be simple but I know you'll succeed. Take this scanner, when you encounter Tythonian droids in Lower Kaleth disable them and scan the remains. Bring the scanner back to me when its memory is full, so that I can analyse the data. Good luck.

It was just one more drat job distracting me from dealing with the Flesh Raiders, Still at least I could move on now to deal with the Flesh Raider shrine....

: Damnit!

: You found it! Well done, Moracen!

: Oh, Spanios, I couldn't have done it without you.

: You're amazing. I don't care what the Masters say--we're proving everyone wrong. Come here and give me a kiss...

: Go ahead, plant one on him. I would--he's cute.

: Who are you?

: This isn't what you think it is.

: Unless you're practising for an all-star role in the Jedi production of R0-M0 and Juli'ette. It probably is.

: You have nothing to worry about I'm a friend.

: Oh really?

: You say you're a friend--does that mean your not here to blow the whistle on our romance.

: Spanios, you just confirmed the truth to this person,

: I am sorry, my love, but I'm sick of all this hiding. The order is wrong. Fear, not emotion, is the adversary of the Jedi way. Ironically the Masters fear emotion, and therefore deny us its bounty.

: The power of our love is why we work so well together. Our teamwork allowed us to find this rare lightsaber crystal. So our passion actually strengthens the order.

: Let's ask your masters about that. I think they'll be hard to convince.

: Spanios, please help me convince this upstart not to expose us!

: I love you, Moracen. And so if you believe we must remain hidden. I honor that. But it may take a sacrifice.

: You mean the crystal, I agree, my love.

: Friend, if you tell the masters we're not romantically involved, we'll give you this powerful crystal for your future lightsaber. Would that buy your silence?

: That sounds pretty good to me, but I'm not sure I can trust you.

: Don't fear. I will keep my word. If you tell the Masters you found nothing suspicious here, come back to us, and we'll give you the crystal.

: Don't try to fool us; we will know if you do.

*A short hike and some flesh raider ambushes later*

: We're you successful, Padawan? Did you find our pupils in the ruins?

: Tell us, what did you uncover about the nature of Spanios and Moracen's relationship? Are they romantically involved?

: I discovered that there is no romance between them, Masters.

: You see Master Silvarte, your concerns were for naught.

: I am relieved to hear this. Surprised, but most relieved. You have handled this matter with great character. The order is fortunate to have you in the fold.

: I'm glad you think so, Master. Your praise means so much to me.

: Now that you've befriended them, you might check in on our students. Otherwise, good luck with your training.

*Another short hike and some more flesh raider ambushes later*

: Well our blackmailer returns. Back for the crystal no doubt. Thank you for keeping our secret.

: Just hand it over and we can be done with this,

: Bloodsucker.

: You got what you wanted, my sweet. It's a small price to pay. Don't mind her, good luck to you.

: Hold on to that lady, Spanios. She's a keeper.

: I sure think so. Here is the crystal. Goodbye, friend.

: One last thing, did either of you hear a flesh raider baby crying?

+ : Nope, not a thing

: Good, neither did I.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 21, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Update 6: Use the Forks

Begin Recording

So, there I was with all the distractions dealt with. All I had to do was fight my way through some old war droids to an old Jedi shrine and clear out a nest of Flesh Raiders. Seemed simple enough, right? Wrong.

Well the droid fighting part was simple enough...

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Tythonian War Droid

The Ruins of Kaleth are overrun with various squads of ancient-and hostile-war droids. A deadly remnant of Tython's mysterious past, the original purpose of these droids has been lost in the mists of time. Some speculate that they were once guardians, programmed to protect the powerful secrets of Tython's original Jedi inhabitants. Others believe the droids were used for combat training by the order shortly after the creation of the proto-lightsaber. A more sinister theory suggests that the droids were somehow involved in the destruction of Kaleth itself. Whatever the explanation, one factor is not in dispute; the droids will attack any living creature that dares to enter the territory they still fiercely control.

And I soon hacked a path through them to the shrine. It took me longer to scan them for Master Till'in than to kill them in the first place.

Inside were small groups of Flesh Raiders, unusually they were all armed with Jedi training sabres; Instead of the usual mish-mash of technology I had seen so far. They we're no great challenge though and I quickly fought my way through the tunnel.

I emerged into a secluded little valley, which was absolutely filled with Flesh Raiders. I quickly fought my way to the Jedi Shrine.

The shrine itself was nothing special, A half decayed statue of some long forgotten Jedi Master; In front of it though stood the largest Flesh Raider I had ever seen.

: Jeehd-ay...

: Step a little closer, you hideous freak.

: Heh...

I was hit by a wave of force power that knocked me flat on my arse, and the worst thing was it originated from the Flesh Raider!

: Kill Jeehd-ay...

*20 seconds later*

Fortunately, for all its power with the force, neither the Force using Flesh Raider or his minions could match me with a blade.

Finally, my Jedi reinforcements turned up, late as usual.

: Master Orgus sent us, we came as quickly as we could.

: One of the Flesh Raiders I just fought called me "Jedi." He could use the Force.

: That's troubling. If the Flesh Raiders are learning the ways of the Force, it won't be on the side of the light.

: You sure made short work of this bunch. You ever leave survivors?

: Fighting the same enemy twice gets boring.

: Pretty sure that's not in the Jedi Code.

: This Flesh Raider carried a holocron-- A repository of knowledge created by a Force user. Thousands of years old, from the looks of it. Master Orgus was right. These natives are more advanced than we realized. They're learning how to fight us.

: Master Orgus thinks he knows who's behind it.

: I gathered as much, but he had no time to explain before sending us here. I wish we could stay, see this through--but Master Satele has ordered us to Coruscant on a special mission.

: All those bad feelings the council's been having? She thinks the Republic's capital is the source.

: I'm sorry to have to leave you, but the danger is passed. These surveillance monitors will keep watch on Kaleth. Place them around the Ruins. The temple can then monitor any future incursions by our enemies.

: What are we prepared to do if the Flesh Raiders return?

: The temple's guards will respond to any invasion--and these surveillance devices will give us ample warning. May the Force be with you, Padawan.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Holocron

Holographic chronicles-more commonly called "Holocrons"--are sophisticated data storage devices capable of cataloguing vast amounts of complex information within their crystal lattice structure. Frequently used by both the Jedi and the Sith to preserve the wisdom of ancient Masters and Sith Lords, holocrons can only be accessed by Force-sensitive individuals. Some are "merely" repositories of incredible lore, while other possess virtual personalities of their own, modelled after their creators.

Many believe it was actually the Sith who first developed Holocron technology, as the oldest known examples are all relics of the dark side. Interestingly, Jedi holocrons take the form of a glowing cube, while Sith holocrons are usually pyramid-shaped. Some scholars claim the six-sided cube of the Jedi represents a more a more modern and advanced version of the original four- and five sided pyramids favoured by the Sith, though hard evidence for this remains scarce.

So, off I went, traipsing round Kaleth and planting bugs as I went.

Then, I got another holocall from Master Orgus

: I'm here, master. What is it?

: I'm on my way back to the Twi'lek settlement. Meet me there soon as you can.

: I've been surviving the Ruins of Kaleth, thanks for asking.

: If I didn't think you could handle it, I wouldn't have sent you there. Find me at the Matriarch's compound. Orgus out.

One short walk to the Jedi archaeological camp in Lower Kaleth later

: My scanner's memory is already full? Perfect timing. I'll collate your data with my own readings and analyse them together. Hmm... it seems the droids were indeed built for war. Twenty thousand years later, they still pursue their primary function. How sad. These ancient droids were soldiers in Tython's great Force Wars-- a time before there were Jedi, Sith or even a Republic.

: I've never heard of these "Force Wars"

: It was the first conflict between Force users--a horrific battle between light and darkness that lasted for a hundred years. According to the droid logs, Kaleth was a stronghold of the dark side's forces. They made their last stand here. As they died, the dark siders activated the droids as a doomsday weapon-- hoping to ensure the lightside's destruction as well.

: You'll have to deal with this yourself now.

: I'll consult the Jedi Council at once about this. You've been extraordinarily helpful. By your efforts, we see Kaleth in a fresh light. I will commend you to the council. I've delayed you long enough. I know how important the work you and Orgus do is. Give him my best.

A quick shuttle flight to the pilgrim village later

Inside was Master Orgus fiddling with the drat droid I had found in the Flesh Raider cache.

: Master Kiwiiks told me what you found in Kaleth-- A Flesh Raider who used the Force. She thought he was learning things from an old Holocron. I wish that was true. The man who attacked you when you first arrived? His lightsaber had a familiar aspect. The droids holorecording confirmed my suspicions.

: T7 = Sorry for bringing bad news.

: The hooded figure in that recording is Bengel Morr, he was my Padawan--but he never finished his training. Bengel was in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant when the Sith destroyed it.

: The Force was with him if he got out of their alive.

: The Temple was annihilated. Hundreds of Jedi died that day. We never recovered all the bodies. Bengel was strong in the Force, and the most gentle being I have ever known. For him to have turned against the Jedi... he must be stopped.You don't look particularly shocked.

: Bioware spoilered it in the subtitles two updates ago.

: Apologies for keeping you waiting. Our peoples Matriarch--my mother is dying.

: You should be at her side.

: My mother said my work with you must come first. My scouts have discovered a Flesh Raider command base in the mountains. It's protected by an energy shield. The shields power generator is hidden on a different mountain, in a well guarded cave network.

: That command base is probably coordinating all the attacks in the region. I need to get inside there. You up for knocking out the power generator?

: When have I ever let you down?

: First time for everything--not that I'm worried.

:: Important secondary mission = perform high-level scan of enemy forces// mountain paths = too dangerous for T7

: Hmm, see if you can give the droid an opening to gather more intelligence.

:: T7 = Give Jedi head start // Follow when path is clear.

: That energy shield is your top priority. Knock it out as fast as you can.

So off I went in search of a mountain full of Flesh raiders to puree until I found the generator they were guarding. Sounded easy, but after that Flesh Raider Force user I needed to be prepared for everything. I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I was shocked when a middle-aged Twi'lek woman dragged me into her house.

: Jedi! You came! I was afraid--I didn't think you'd make it. You have to be fast. You have to find my son before he's hurt!

: Oh, I have to, do I? Watch your tongue.

: Haven't you come to save him? I begged at the temple gates for you. The Flesh Raiders took him a week ago. They came at twilight. One of them was just... covered in blood and scars. He dragged my son away. Listen. Our scouts saw Viyo--my son on Tythos Ridge. That's where the raider's have their camp.

: I refuse to get involved in this. Is everyone on this planet a moron? Can no one solve their own drat problems without crying to the nearest Jedi about it? Miss Jedi my space cat is stuck in a tree can you get it down? Miss Jedi I need half a dozen droid AI's can you get em for me? Miss Jedi old Master Jaspers needs a sponge bath can you help? I've had enough!

: You can't mean that. You have to help him--before the worst happens.

: *sigh* I can't commit to this, but I'll see what I can do.

: You're a good Jedi, Good and kind. If you can't find him on Tythos Ridge, look for a sign--something he would leave behind as a signal. He had his satchel with him, He could leave that. The Flesh Raiders will try to stop you-- but I've seen Jedi fight. Help me, Jedi. Help him.

So, I set off for the foot of the mountains, only to be stopped on the way by another Jedi Master with a problem

: I can't do it, I don't want to do it, and you can't make me do it.

: I've been studying the Flesh Raiders with Master Gehnso. We hope to elucidate the creature's culture and learn what drives their hunger. Pilgrim stories claim the Flesh Raiders twisted appetite stems from the idols they worship. We've confirmed the idols existence, but questions remain. What do these idols represent? Do they motivate the Flesh Raider's cravings? We need answers, and that means examining the idols up close--a dangerous task.

: *sarcasm* A Jedi's limits must always be put to the test.

: We share similar tastes. But our duty to these Pilgrims demands caution. Mark down every detail about the idols; size, temperature markings-- everything. Look on them, and know the Flesh Raider heart. When you're finished, I'll take your findings, or you may hand them over to Master Gehnso. You'll find here near the Jedi Temple.

That done, off I went up the mountain, with two more jobs to complete for lazy idiots who could not be bothered to solve their own problems.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 23, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

CzarChasm posted:

It's really minor, but you don't need the coma after "With two" in that sentence.

I also like how they only half spoil the bad jedi reveal pretty sure the hooded figure is a human and not a nautalan
:sperg:

Fixed.

The thing is that bioware just really :effort: with the Holorecording way back when, they go to such length to not say his name and Master Orgus comes out with it like it's a huge reveal that his Padawan is still alive; yet there they are giving it away right at the beginning just because they were too lazy to use a generic name like hooded man or something in the subtitles.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 23, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Update 7: Force Pushing for Fun and Profit.

Begin Recording

So there I was, traipsing up the mountain, fighting Flesh Raiders blah, blah, blah, you should know the drill by now. About halfway up though I came across a still functioning datapad buried in a pile of mouldering bones.

: My... my dear Bahlea... these will probably be the last words I have to say to you. And I don't have long.... I was a fool, Bahlea... as always... I shouldn't have come hunting alone, I knew that. But our little Rusa is so sick. And the doctor said... that the teeth of the Manka cats could make medicine. Cure her. I tried... I tried to get the teeth for Rusa... but the Flesh Raiders train the cats to be vicious. So horrible. I'm sorry, my love...and so tired. I must sleep to gather my strength... in case the Manka cats come back. I'll bring their teeth home. Somehow...

: Eh, might as well, it's not as if every living person on the planet doesn't make me do their dirty work for them. I may as well do the work of the dead too.

: Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty

*20 minutes later*

: drat it! Why does none of the cats on this Force-forsaken planet have any teeth?

A little further, along the track I came upon an abandoned pack, I approached it and began rooting through it looking for clues. As I did, a young Twi'Lek stepped out of the shadows followed by a scrawny looking Flesh Raider.

: Jedi...? Thank the Matriarch

: Hsst! Jedi talk. Jedi peace!

: He... he wants to speak to you. He's too weak to fight.

: Jedi--Jedi Peace!

: He needed someone to help him communicate. That's why he took me away--why he's letting us meet. I've been trying to teach him your language.

:Leave this to the adults, boy.

: Head-thing talk! Head-thing, learn power.

: I'm trying! Please, I'm trying. He thinks he has power. He thinks he can use the Force, and he wants Jedi to train him.

:I get the sense we're wasting our time.

: Talk power! Talk Rock-Den!

: Please listen! He's calm now; he'll be calm as long as we talk. The Other Flesh Raiders serve him because they fear his curse, but the force overwhelms him. He needs to learn from the Jedi to control his power, He's weak.

:Does he even understand what he's asking? What Jedi training involves?

: I'm not sure. He thinks the Jedi are hunters.

: Take power! Hunt power! Go rock-den...head thing flesh.

: He won't let me go unless you help him get into the Jedi Temple. You can do that, right? Get the Jedi Masters to train him?

:Letting a force using Flesh Raider live is too dangerous.

: But--

: Hsst! Jedi!

FORCE PUSH

: I am... you... Thank you. I am I am grateful that you came to me.

:Get back to your mother, Kid.

: I can find my way to the village. After what you did... and without him watching me... I can make it on my own. More Flesh Raiders will be coming. Be careful.

With that out the way, it was time to catalogue the Flesh Raiders beliefs.

: Ooh look, a boring statue! And there's another one.

: Eh, if I cared about this crap, I would have put in for Consular training.

: And, that is the last of them, thank the Force. Now on to the cave.

So I killed off the Flesh raiders in the cave. By this point, I had lost count of how many I had killed but there couldn't be that many more left could there? As it turned out it looked like another Jedi had beaten me to the fun, so I had an uneventful stroll through the cave.

Eventually at the very back of the cave, I came across the controls for the generator systems.

Energy Shield Control Console: [you shut down the energy shield protecting the Flesh Raider command base.]

Shutting down the generator caused a holocom to flicker to life.

: Hmm, you must be the Padawan who slaughters my people. Your misguided attacks change nothing your time is over.

:So that's your face? I see why you wear a hood, Bengel.

: Orgus's tastes in Padawans has grown weak--just as he has. You executed my apprentice Callef, I can feel his death on you. I spent years training him. He was a good man, a principled man. Proud of yourself?

:Without a doubt.

: You are truly corrupt--but justice is coming. Every so-called Jedi on Tython is going to die. That's a promise. Your entire order is weak. You've done nothing to stop the Sith Empires advances.

: I think someone's a little bitter about being left for dead. I'm going to wipe out the Sith just watch m

: Destroying evil will require purity. You are not pure. Enjoy this little victory, Its your last.

One shuttle flight back to the Twi'lek village later.

:I've studied the Flesh Raiders' idols. Here are my notes.

: Hmm, these idols appear to record the Flesh Raiders' hunting patterns. Master Gehnso will be ecstatic. With more research into your findings, we may finally learn what motivates the Flesh Raider. Through knowledge, we may calm their appetite. I will spread the word amongst the pilgrims, Padawan. May the Force guide your training.

With that out of the way, I decided to check on how one-half of the best double act since the adventures of Jolune and Skully was doing.

Apparently, the kid did not want to talk to me for some reason, but his mum was quite willing to chat.

: Jedi. You found my Son. Thank you. He told me what you did. He's safe now, and i am glad his kidnapper is dead.

:I did what I thought was best.

: That Flesh Raider won't harm us again. It's enough. You have my promise: Whenever the elders speak about the Jedi, I'll speak, too. My son will speak. This is our thanks.

:Be careful--your kid won't be so lucky next time.

: I understand. So long as the Flesh Raiders are near, I'll keep my son close. We wish you well, Jedi. Goodbye and all the best to you.

With that out of the way, all that remained was to finish my job as a veterinary dentist.

: Oh, Hello. You must be one of the Jedi. My name is Bahela, how do you do. I don't mean to be rude, but I'd rather not talk for long. My daughter is very sick, and I'm all she has since my husband died.

:How did you know your husband was dead?

: A hunting dog wandered into camp with... I don't want to share the details. Now if you'll-- Are those Manka cat teeth? You brought these for my daughter? These will cure her... I... I'm overwhelmed. I don't know what to say.

:How about "thank you"?

: I...you should be rewarded for this. Yes, uh... wait, I know. Yes, you should have this, it was my husbands, it served him well, and now that you have saved my daughters life...I hope it serves you well also. Thank you so much, I've... I've got to tell the doctor right away so that he can make Rusa's medicine.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Manka Cat

Fierce feline hunters, manka cats, are believed to originate on Alderaan, but can now be found on a number of different worlds due to their desirability as exotic pets or trained guardians. It is no surprise that these accomplished hunters have thrived in every ecosystem into which they have been introduced. Sleek and powerful, they have the speed to run down smaller prey, while their massive protruding tusks and claws also allow them to attack much larger targets. Often travelling in prides, even a lone manka cat can be dangerous, and extreme caution should be exercised when in their territory. Despite the risks, manka cats are sometimes hunted for sport and for their tusks and teeth. Which are said to possess healing properties.

Now it was time to go back to the Matriarch's compound to meet with the Twi'lek leader.

:I shut down the energy shield. Any word on Master Orgus's mission?

: No, My mother... she found peace during your absence. I'm now Matriarch.

:As long as you cooperate, I have no problem with your new position.

: How can you be so cold? Are only Masters allowed to express warmth and comfort? Before he left Master Orgus told me "there is no death, there is the Force" He believes our essence lives on when we die and merges with the Force. I hope that's true.

: Matriarch! Flesh Raiders broke through our defences. They did something to our crop fields! They dropped strange machines in the soil. When a scout approached one, he collapsed with a sickness. He crawled away from the device and began to recover but there are many more machines still out there.

:I've never heard of anything like this before.

: If those machines can poison us, they can destroy our crops as well. Please help us Jedi are strong, You can resist the machines and destroy them.

:I hope this turns out to be the case.

: If I've learned anything, it's that Jedi succeed where others fail. Hurry to the fields I fear we don't have much time.

Hmm. looks like a modified ME3-3ND mine, now was it the red wire? The green wire? Or the blue wire? I'll just pull one randomly and see what I get.

*Pulls blue wire, Nothing happens*

:Hmm, maybe if I had pulled the Green or Red wire something more interesting would have happened.

several other mines disarmed later

:I've destroyed the machines poisoning your crops.

: I saw how you suffered out there. What you did was more than brave-- it was heroic. Please take a token of my people's honour. I'm sorry it can't be more.

:I'm sure I'll find a use for it, somehow.

: We're not wealthy, but my people give all they can. I should go inform everyone that the danger is over.

At this point, my holocom began to beep; It was another message from Master Orgus.

: Finally put that Flesh Raider base out of commission. How are things on your end?

:Spoke to you old Padawan over the holo. He's doing all of this so he can destroy the Sith.

: Then he's not Sith himself--good. If I can get to him, reason with him... At the Flesh Raider command base, I found coordinates to a number of secret camps-- too many to send only Jedi Masters. One camp is in the ruins of upper Kaleth. That patrol you fought earlier was based there. Now's your chance to finish them off.

:What if I run into your old Padawan?

: If you see Bengel, retreat and contact me immediately. Be careful in those ruins. We haven't explored them all. Contact me when your mission is complete, May the Force be with you.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 24, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Enough, so you don't want to stand afk next to them for too long; but not so much that they do a lot of damage. For reference, they do about 50-100 damage a tick at a time when I have roughly 1.4k health. But that said they take like 2 seconds to disarm so its not a huge amount of damage.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 25, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Update 8: Lightsabers! Betrayal! Dry Cleaning!

So, another Flesh Raider invasion of Kaleth to thwart. But first, I had left some dry cleaning at the Jedi Temple and needed to pick it up.

: Can't talk, incredibly important errand to run. The fate of the Jedi may depend on it.

: But you can spare 30 seconds to beat up droids right? You made it look easy last time, but we've thrown some surprises in there for you this time.

: Get out there and show them what you're made of.

*30 seconds later*

: Another impressive round. We'll just have to make things tougher next time.

*One trip to the Jedi Temple's dry cleaners later*

: So, this is you important errand on which the fate of the Jedi order may depend.

: Looking neat is important to me, and do you know how hard it is to get Flesh Raider blood out of these robes?

: Your last round with the droids was impressive, but we've made modifications to their behaviour that should make for a challenge.

: Get out there and show them what you're made of.

* 45 Seconds later*

: Unbelievable! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. But I've still got a few more tricks. Check back later.

with that out the way I could finally head back to Kaleth to finish off the nest of Flesh Raiders there.

*One long boring hike back to Kaleth Later*

: Ho hum, more boring droids to beat up.

Finally I made it to the cave, inside was a badly wounded Jedi.

: Padawan, turn back. Leave this place--leave me. I am dying. Flesh Raiders in this room. More powerful than we've seen.

: The enemy was obviously too much for you.

: Barely escaped. Can't go on with these wounds. Surveillance monitors picked up Flesh Raiders entering this ruin. Came to investigate. Shouldn't have come alone. This place--strong in the dark side. Flesh Raiders channel their hatred here, feed on the darkness. They grow powerful.

: Then I'll meet their hatred with my own and kill every last one.

: No this is wrong. You don't know what you are doing... Turn back the enemy's too strong. They have my lightsaber.

The Flesh Raiders were nothing special, a little tougher than the usual type but nothing special. At least most of them were...

This guy... this guy... knew how to fight; I had to use every trick I knew to beat him.

He was good, but I was better.

Unfortunately, the lightsaber was badly damaged in the fight so I had to wait for one of my own.

However, at precisely that moment I received another call from Master Orgus

: The Flesh Raider camp's out of commission, Master--but they were all force users. They killed a Jedi named Laotah. His body is in these ruins. What should I do?

: We'll reclaim our fallen later. Just got a distress call from the Twi'lek settlement. They spotted Bengel Morr! Our forces are spread out dealing with the secret camps. We're the only ones who can handle this. I'm on my way to the settlement. Meet me there

I rushed to the village and ran straight to the Matriarch's house. Inside though was no sign of Master Orgus

: Master Orgus responded to your distress call. I was to meet him here. What's happened?

: Nothing. We didn't send any distress call. Things have been quiet since you left. I haven't seen or spoken to Master Orgus.

: T7= scanning area // Stand by... Confirmed// Master Orgus = not in settlement + not answering holocom.

: You disappeared for a long time. Where have you been?

: T7= conducted high-level scan of wilderness + detected many Flesh Raider patrols. Jedi + T7 = go find Master Orgus?

: I wish you hadn't come, Would have made things easier...

Next thing I knew, I was shot in the back, with some sort of dart. The last thing I saw before collapsing was T7 being hit by an ion pulse.

*Several Hours? Later*

: Ugh, what did I drink last night?

: We didn't want to hurt you or you're Master, but we have no choice.

: I don't believe this. We protected you people!

: Only when it was convenient. For months, we begged the council to send help!

: And no matter how many you kill, the Flesh Raiders numbers keep growing. You can't win.

: Bengel Morr came to me. Said he'd end the Flesh Raider attacks if we gave him your master.

: He wants us to kill you, too. I... I'm sorry.

: Your words are wasted. Let's finish this.

*10 seconds later*

: I surrender, please don't hurt me. I know it doesn't matter to you, but I did this to save my people.

: Your ignorance astounds me.

: My people were dying. What choice did I have? Bengel Morr took Orgus to some place called the Forge. Reactivate your droid--it might know where to find them. Isn't that information worth some mercy?

: You've done terrible things. There must be consequences.

: You're right. Tell me what I should do.

: I'll make sure your crimes stay between us--if you show the proper appreciation.

: After all this, you demand tribute? You've seen how poor we are. My people brought a few sacred relics to Tython. They're valuable. I'll tell my people the Flesh Raiders stole them. I can't stand to be in here anymore...

I quickly reactivated the droid.

:: T7 = power failure? // memory logs = missing time.

: Bengel Morr took my Master some place called the Forge. Do you know where that is?

: Twi'lek life-forms = deceased // Jedi = explain?

: These Twi'leks deactivated you and tried to kill me. I had to defend us.

: Jedi = saved T7 from memory wipe // T7 = grateful. Jedi Archive Droid A-4PO = detailed data on Forge. Jedi = contact A-4PO = transmit Forge data to T7

SWTOR Codex posted:

T7-01 [Knight]

A quirky and surprisingly stubborn astromech droid with a strong personality and independent streak, T7-01 serves the Jedi by bravely facing danger on a daily basis. Skilled in high-resolution sensor scans, mechanical repair and starship piloting [along with numerous undocumented talents], the droid's hard work is responsible for saving dozens, if not hundreds, of lives on Tython alone.

Little is known about T7 before the droid came into the service of the Jedi. Certain features of its construction hint at it being a custom model built some time ago, but there are no official records to substantiate this theory. Despite the uncertainty of its origins, the droid's enthusiasm, and willingness to put itself in harm's way leave little doubt as to its loyalty.

Likes: Jedi, morally correct actions, defeating the empire
Dislikes: Bullying, killing innocents, disrespecting authority

Primary Stat: Aim
Secondary Stat: Endurance

Primary weapon: Blaster Pistol or Blaster Rifle
Secondary weapon: Shield Generator

: I am A4PO, Jedi archivist, how may I help you?

: Transmit everything you know about the Forge to my droid T7.

: That area is considered highly dangerous, May I inquire why you need that data?

: You want a memory wipe? Just do it!

: Well, really! I'll report your behaviour to the Council when they return. Transmitting data now...

: T7= receiving files on Forge // T7 = show Jedi the way. T7 + Jedi = go to Forge + Save Master Orgus!

End recording

A slightly shorter update this time for obvious reasons. Now we have something to vote on. Here is T7 our first companion. A quick reference for those new to the game, every class gets 5 NPC companions who slot into one of 5 roles; Ranged dps, ranged tank, melee dps, melee tank and healer. Now different classes get these at different times and at different levels. For example, Mortiferous got his ranged dps on Korriban and then his healer on Balmorra, meanwhile Atronie got her melee tank on Korriban and no one since. Now T7 here is our ranged tank so he is pretty good at drawing aggro at the moment. Though he will become less good as we gear up and pick up more attacks and other dedicated characters who can outdps him. However, for now he is the only game in town so....

:siren: Voting Time :siren:

Q1. Do we like T7-01?
A. Yes
B. No

Now as a companion, we can choose a number of... cosmetic enhancements that change the way T7 looks. These have no real effect stats-wise, they just let you customise your companions looks a bit.

Q2. Do we want?
A. Base T7.
B. Blue T7
C. Red T7
D. Yellow T7

Blue: Red: Yellow:

Votes will be open for 24 Hours from the time of this post.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 25, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hulk Smash! posted:

Like and Yellow Which is really more of a gold and purple scheme. It's pimp as all Hell.

Eh, it looks yellow to me. Colour blindness is a pain in the arse.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Votes as they stand. There is still about 6~ hours left in which to vote though

Q1. Do we like T7-01?
A. Like: 8
B. Dislike: 2

Q2. Do we want?
A. Base T7: 0
B. Blue T7 : 4
C. Red T7: 1
D. Yellow/Gold T7:7

Just a reminder in case people lost it under the pile of Awesome moustache themed updates.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 26, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

:siren: Votes are in :siren: and it looks like we have a tie on colour. So the next person to vote gets to choose blue or yellow/gold.

Q1. Do we like T7-01?
A. Like: 9
B. Dislike: 4

Q2. Do we want?
A. Base T7: 0
B. Blue T7 : 7
C. Red T7: 1
D. Yellow/Gold T7:7

So we Like T7 and he is a Blue little droid.

Edit and blue it is vv

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 26, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Update 9: Forging a Victory
Begin recording

I knew I had little time to waste, who knew what Bengel Morr might do to Master Orgus. I caught the first speeder to the Jedi camp in the ruins of Kaleth and planed to walk from there to the Forge. Unfortunately, someone else had other ideas.

: Rotten, procreating beasts! Padawans will start dying if this keeps up. Oh, Padawan at least you made it through. The Horranth's are everywhere lately. Hulking, razor-mawed monsters with nasty dispositions. They're multiplying fast and growing bolder. Something in the water since the Flesh Raiders came... I could use help getting things under control.

: Who are you, anyway?

: Not the first time I've been accused of being rude. Sorry. I'm Sedni Maruk. Trained here myself. The Masters decided my talents were best served guarding and protecting the ruins. I'm proud to serve. Wanted to be a Jedi, but this is the next best thing. Until now.

: You mean, you weren't cut out to be the Jedi.

: I suppose that is the blunt truth of it. But at least I am helping out as best I can.
Eliminating a Horranth matriarch and patriarch will slow the beasts' population explosion, but they're tough to find and even tougher to kill. The matriarchs and patriarchs tend to gravitate in different clearings. You'll have to hunt them down separately-- If You're willing to help?

: I'll do it, but we have to find a better solution for the future, so senseless slaughter isn't our only recourse. Totally rational and sensible slaughter for example

: Agreed, but right now our options are limited. Would really help if you removed any of these beasts' eggs you see. But it's up to you. Hope you fare well. I'll be here, holding down the camp.

: No problem, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs

: T7= physically hurt // pun = awful

Finding the Horranth valleys' was no great problem. Actually dealing with them on the other hand was. It seems that Horranths don't appreciate people who destroy their eggs.

Fortunately, the patriarchs were no great threat to a combat-trained Jedi like me. In addition, T7 proved surprisingly good at drawing the beasts' attention away from me.

The matriarchs proved not much different, although they were a little tougher, by now they were no great threat to me.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Horranth

Four-legged reptilian predators found primarily on Tython, horranths typically hunt in large family groups called broods. With their high birth rate, quick maturation and few natural predators, the horranth population is usually constrained only by a limited food supply.

If food suddenly becomes more abundant in a region, a horranth matriarch will lay hundreds of eggs, causing her broods population to explode. As their numbers multiply, the beasts grow bolder and more aggressive. Unchecked, the brood will continue to spread until they finally exceed their food supply, at which point the matriarch will stop producing eggs. Unfortunately, this return to normal population levels typically only happens after the brood has thoroughly devastated the region.

With the Horranth population under control, it was time to eliminate the Flesh Raider threat once and for all. With the maps provided by the Jedi archives, finding the entrance to the Forge proved surprisingly easy.

Hidden behind a waterfall was a cave complex. Said caves linked to an old temple complex, which had been built to protect the Forge. What the Jedi archives failed to mention was that the area around the temple was packed with Flesh Raiders and that not content with their own strength the Flesh Raiders had captured and reprogrammed several Jedi training droids and turned them against us.

Luckily, the droids proved no great challenge to me and I quickly made it through the cave into the temple ruins proper.

The area of the temple was covered in Flesh Raiders, some of the meanest and toughest I had seen but most of them posed no threat. I even took on the Flesh Raiders chieftain and while he was a challenge with the help of my droid companion he didn't prove all that much of a danger.

: Thanks droid, you saved my arse back there.

: Enemy = deleted // T7 = got Jedi's back

beyond the temple stood another cave complex filled with Flesh Raiders. They proved little challenge though and soon i fought my way to the base of the Forge. There I found Bengel Morr; he was busy torturing Master Orgus so he barely noticed my approach until the last second.

: I sensed you coming. Your fear betrayed you. You're weak, like my old master. You will fall, with him.

: What happened to you on Coruscant? Why have you turned against the Jedi?

: Not the Jedi--the sick, spineless cowards that have taken their place. The traitors who let the Sith slaughter millions. You weren't on Coruscant. You never saw our greatest cut down or watched the Temple burn. I escaped that destruction to see my own master surrender to the Sith. They exterminated us, and he gave up.

: That's why you brought Master Orgus here? To make him pay?

: The weak will be sacrificed here to make the Forge stronger.

: The Jedi Order must be reborn from ashes...

Bengel Morr was the greatest challenge I had yet faced, in tune with the force and equipped with a powerful lightsaber he proved difficult to defeat.

Not pictured the embarrassing defeat and subsequent revive of my first attempt

: Thanks, T7. I couldn't have done it without you.

: T7+ Jedi = heroes // T7 + Jedi = good team

Eventually though Bengel Morr lay prone at my feet.

: You've won--why has the force guided me to this defeat. You're stronger than any Jedi I've known. You could redeem the Order and destroy the Sith. I understand. You are the weapon I came to forge.

: You think I am destined to defeat the Empire?

: I'm certain of it; I found my purpose, at last. I have spent a lifetime learning the paths to power. That knowledge is now yours. Let me leave Tython and prepare the galaxy for your ascendance. I will deliver the gifts you need to claim your destiny.

: You don't have a destiny, Bengel. You're sick. You need help.

: Don't deny the truth. Think--how else could you have beaten me?

: I hope you'll appreciate the irony of me killing you.

: You don't have to strike me down. I am your servant now.

: I'll make my own destiny--and you need to die.

At this point Master Orgus came round form the tortures Bengel had been inflicting on him

: Padawan... I must have you to thank for being alive

: I defeated Bengel Morr, Master. He's dead.

: Poor man, He was so lost. The horrors he witnessed on Coruscant--destroyed the gentle Padawan I trained. You, however, faced a challenge beyond any trial I could assign. There's nothing more I could teach you.

: Jedi = big victory // T7 = congratulates Jedi

: All that is left is for you to enter the Forge and construct your own lightsaber.

: What is this place, Master?

: The first Jedi came here to construct their lightsabers millennia ago. It's strong in the force. Normally, we make Padawans gather materials themselves-- but you've proven enough. These are all the physical components--the rest will come from your mastery of the Force.

: T7 = Stay with Jedi + keep guard.

: I'll carry Bengel's body to the Jedi Temple. Meet me there when you're ready.

SWTOR Codex posted:

The Forge
Since the rebuilding of the temple, the very best of the young Jedi have braved the paths through the mountains, hoping to make their first lightsabers at the monument known as the Forge--the ancient Tythonians' site for creating or mending weapons. When the Jedi returned to Tython, they had only scraps of information on the Forges location; it took ten months before a small team finally discovered it, overgrown by vines and half-buried in a landslide.

Despite the Forge's power, many Jedi have sensed a strange darkness or corruption in the region surrounding the Forge. The local beasts are unusually vicious, and the weather often changes without warning. These phenomena mean only the most skilled and combat-ready Padawans are encouraged to seek out the Forge.

Due to gross incompetence technical difficulties on my part, I was unable to get a video of this part of the game. Fortunately, the internet provides: here which is almost identical. I strongly recommend you watch it.

The Forge: [This is the ancient Forge, where millennia of the Jedi have constructed their own lightsabers.]

: This weapon will be a light in the darkness...

Meanwhile...

: Oh, it's on!

Fortunately the monster proved little challenge to a properly armed Jedi and a deadly little droid.

with the monster finally dealt with, it was time to make my way back to the Jedi Temple. First though I had to stop off at the Kaleth base camp

The horranth matriarchs and patriarchs make a distinctive howl and when they mate, and when they die. Heard it echoing throughout the ruins. I've marked fewer of the beasts bounding through the area already. You have my gratitude.

: Their nests were everywhere--"were" being the operative word.

: It's prospects like you that make me proud to serve. Be well.

*One short speeder flight to the Jedi temple later...*

: All right, this is it. You've been tearing through these droids about as fast as I can repair them. But we just received the latest combat simulation data from the republic and combined it with the data we've collected from your earlier fights. It'll be tough, but if you can do this, there'll be nothing more we can throw at you. You'll be fully qualified to lead Republic troops into battle.

* 2 minutes later*

: Unbelievable! To tell the truth, I didn't think it was possible. I think your more than qualified for the job of leading Republic soldiers in battle. Here's you certification. Congratulations. Amazing!

Following this I knew I had no excuse not to report the Jedi Council.

: The Flesh Raiders are still a threat, but without Bengel's leadership, they'll be scattered and ill-equipped.

: This temple could've been devastated. The entire order is in your debt, Padawan.

: We can't give the Flesh Raider's time to regroup.

: Going to war only guarantees more violence. It's better to tighten our defences. Besides we have threats closer to home. Recent developments in the Twi'lek settlement demand a response.

: Their Matriarch, Ranna, betrayed me to Bengel. Reports indicate she still leads the settlement.

: You know the the Twi'leks, Padawan. How do you recommend we proceed?

: The Twi'leks need guidance. We should take charge of their settlement.

: Jedi don't govern others. That kind of power is too easily abused.

: We don't need to govern the Twi'leks-- just keep a close eye on them. Be ready to intervene. This young Jedi saved us all from a terrible threat by defeating an experienced Force user. I see no reason for her to remain a Padawan.

: Your bravery, heroism and sacrifice show great depth of character. You represent our best hopes for the future. You arrived on Tython a Padawan, but you leave a Knight of the Republic. May the Force be with you.

: I am eager to do some good in the galaxy, Send me somewhere I could help out.

: Plenty of trouble spots in the galaxy. We'll find one for you.

: T7= requests permanent assignment to assist Jedi // T7 + Jedi= unstoppable

: The little droid and I have been through a lot. We're a great team.

:hf:

: Then I see no reason why you shouldn't stay together,

: We're getting a priority signal from Coruscant. Its Master Kiwiks....

: Master Orgus... everyone... I've discovered a situation requiring further assistance. Our suspicions about Coruscant were correct. The dark presence we have long sensed is strongest here.

: What could be worse than a fallen Jedi attacking us?

: That's what we need to find out. The security of the entire Republic is at stake.

: This situation calls for our very best. Master Orgus, you and your former pupil should join Master Kiwiiks on Coruscant.

: Come to the Senate tower as soon as you can. Master Kiwiiks out.

: No rest for us, my friend. Complete any unfinished business you have and take a shuttle to Coruscant.

: All I get is a pat on the back and a new mission? I just saved this temple.

: We'll build a Bronzium statue of you--promise. I need to wrap up some things before I go. Meet me on Coruscant.

: Farewell. The Force will be with you--always.

I went and caught the first shuttle off Tython, Unfortunately I neglected to check its destination.

On the way off Tython I checked my emails and found I actually had a response.

pre:
To: R'andayn <Atlasforcepushed@Jedi.ac >
Subject: Atonement. 

I know you wished no further contact with me, 
but I felt it was important that you understand that I am doing everything possible to 
honor the second chance I and my people were given. 
Our betrayal of you and Master Orgus can never be forgiven, 
but I am determined to guide my people towards greater understanding of and cooperation with the Jedi Order. 
Our future on Tython depends on it, and I am not determined to fail. 

Please accept the attached display of our sincerity and commitment to peace with your people. 

Ranna Tao'Ven, Pilgrim Matriarch
End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 28, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Interlude :Terminally indecisive

Begin recording

It seems I had made an error when booking my trip to Coruscant. The shuttle would get there eventually but only following a three-week layover at Carrick Station. With that in mind and with Master Kiwiiks urgency in mind I resolved to find faster transport there.

Carrick Station was huge; a trade hub for dozens of sectors, as well as being one of the larger Republic naval bases meant that it was packed to the rafters with representatives of drat near every species the Republic possessed.

The first thing I saw on entering the stations main concourse was an aging Jedi Master who called me over for a word.

: Master Orgus speaks highly of you. He says you are the finest Padawan he has ever trained. The Force flows through you. It gives you strength. You have the potential to be a great champion of our order. But first, you must learn how to focus your ability. You must choose which path to take.

: I am not sure I follow, Master Nimi

: The Jedi are defenders of the Republic. In this role, we must accept a harsh truth: to preserve peace; we must often be warriors. Some warriors become scourges of evil, living weapons who serve the light. Others become stalwart defenders, guardians who protect and shield others.

: Which do you recommend for me, Master Nimi?

: Each style has merit. Sometimes we must strike hard and fast; other times, indomitable resistance serves our needs. Consider this decision carefully, for it will forever alter your destiny.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Advanced Class: Jedi Guardian

A wall between the Republic and its enemies, the Jedi Guardian stands firm in the face of overwhelming odds and dare opponents to attack. Perfect coordination and the use of the Force allows smooth movement even in heavy armour-- making the Guardian a hard target to take down. Leaders on and off the battlefield, Guardians also inspire others to amazing feats, making them invaluable for conflicts of any size.

All Jedi Guardians learn to move in heavy armour and build extra energy to perform spectacular feats. Guardians can opt to learn Vigilance, developing attacks that power through weaker opponents with ease and concentrating on fewer strikes that hit harder; Defence, redirecting enemies attacks against the Guardian's allies toward the Guardian itself; and Focus specialising in advanced Force techniques to increase the potency of lightsaber attacks and perform telekinetic feats to hamper opponents.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Advanced Class: Jedi Sentinel

Control and Focus are the hallmarks of the Jedi Sentinel. Through years of training, Sentinels learn the art of using two lightsabers in tandem to create an intricate web of damage almost impossible to evade. By manipulating the Force, Sentinels can see holes in enemies' defence, potential flaws in their own technique and how best to plan for both.

All Jedi Sentinels can wield two lightsabers in combat, using speed and precision to strike where they are weakest. Sentinels can opt to learn the ways of the Watchman, becoming a peerless lightsaber combatant and using the Juyo form to debilitate foes; Combat, taking advantage of the Sentinels lighter armour and using the agile Ataru form to perform incredibly swift strikes; and Focus, specialising in advanced Force techniques to increase the potency of lightsaber attacks and perform telekinetic feats to hamper opponents.

Unable to decide which way to go I went and talked to one of the other senior Jedi on the space station.

: I am Master Cassa. Two paths lay before you. Choose carefully, for once you start down one, the other is forever closed. Sentinels are the Lightsaber masters of our order. Wearing lighter armour and striking with two sabers, Sentinels can master the aggressive Juyo form, the acrobatic Ataru form, or the balanced Shii-Cho form.
Knights who become Guardians use heavier armour and generators to empower their defensive capabilities. A Guardian uses the powerful Shien form, the balanced Shii-Cho form, or the resilient Soresu form.

: Well that was a lot of help, you just rephrased what the other guy said

: Well you might have forgotten on the walk over here.

: Ugh, I need a drink.

: Gimmie, a lomin-ale.

: T7 = would like to chat . T7 = excited to leave Tython // T7 = happy to have Jedi partner.

: I didn't realise you were so eager to leave the Jedi academy.

: Tython = many Jedi // Tython = well protected. Galaxy = dangerous place // galaxy = needs Jedi + T7. T7 = many skills // T7 = eager to help.

: I get the feeling there are tough times ahead. I'm glad you're up for the challenge.

: Jedi + T7 = start soon as possible // Jedi + T7 = save the Galaxy

Speaking of starting as soon as possible, I figured I had better arrange transport to Coruscant

: Master Jedi. Welcome, welcome. You are headed to the capital maybe? Yes? There is a direct shuttle to Coruscant it is small but comfortable if you are going to travel alone you want this shuttle. But a Master Shan also arranged you transport on the Esseles. Very comfortable, very fast. VIP Republic transport, Yes?

: That's excellent news.

: Excellent, excellent. You only want to take the Esseles if you have friends with you, though, yes? Transport sometimes goes through dangerous space. When your party is ready, go through airlock. It will lead you straight to Esseles. Or if you are by yourself, just take little shuttle, it goes straight to Coruscant.

: Ooh! VIP luxury. I'm sold.

Unfortunately, the Esseles was not due to leave for another day so I returned to propping up the bar.

End Recording

:siren: Voting Time Again :siren:

Are we going to be that masterpiece of DPS the Sentinel? Or are we going to be the big and beefy Tank/DPS hybrid that is the Guardian?

R'andayn should be:
A. A Jedi Guardian
B. A Jedi Sentinel

Speaking personally here I would prefer the Sentinel as my Sith Warrior is a Juggernaut and it would be nice to try out the other AC. I will quite happily play either though so vote whatever you feel like.

Also last update we got our own customisable lightsaber, now what colour do we want it to be?

Our Lightsaber is
A. Blue
B. Red
C. Yellow
D. Green-Black

Here I genuinely have no preference, from a pure stats perspective the Green-Black one is best at this point, but it's ugly as sin so I won't object if you guys want something different.

Voting closes 24 Hours from now.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

PoptartsNinja posted:

Whatever you will enjoy more. Seriously, this is important. If you don't enjoy the class, it becomes very hard to play an LP.

Having played a bit of both I honestly don't mind. I will quite happily play either.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Wild Knight posted:

Guardian for variety from Mortiferous (I do hope you're really as okay with it as you claim), and Green-Black because we just gotta see that at the very least.

The way people are asking questions like this is starting to make me nervous. Do you guys know something about the guardian I don't? I mean I am aware its not as good a tank as the Shadow/Assassin and that it does less damage than a well played Sentinel/Marauder. But is there more to it than that?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

And the voting is over. So here are the results.

R'andayn should be:

A. A Jedi Guardian 10
B. A Jedi Sentinel 5

Our Lightsaber is:

A. Blue 2
B. Red 2
C. Yellow 5
D. Green-Black 9

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ablative posted:

That looks more yellow-black to me.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ferrosol is colorblind, IIRC.

But yeah, I've never liked the black-core lightsabers. They look so strange.

Yes I am an illiterate as well who can't read the part where it says black-yellow. If people want to change their vote I will let them.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 2, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Inferior posted:

:words:

So now we're a hero. And a hero gets a Legacy. The Legacy system is SWTOR's way of giving you goodies for creating alts on the same server, and as a way of paying lots of money, either imaginary or real, to unlock convenience abilities. And ROCKET BOOTS. The Legacy system also gives Jolune a surname. So I'm going to tilt at reader interactivity (for once) and ask you all for suggestions for Jolune's Surname. Best suggestion wins. Bonus marks for good bad terrible Star Wars references.

Has to be Jolune NounVerber in honour of our grammar derails.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

OzCavalier posted:

Seconding (Thrid?Fifteenth?) the Molyneux Legacy.

Also created a Jedi knight on Dalborra for Republic, named Brah'gon. Anyone else want to list their character names to be added to my friends list? (Also is there a guild like on Imperial side?)

First we need a decent name for a guild.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Meant to post this earlier but still here it is.

Tython Post Mortem:

In the very first update I called Tython the worst of the starter planets and having LPed my way through it and watched Inferior LP through 90~% of the Consular story; I stand by that statement. First, the planet itself, Tython is painfully generic, one-half rolling green hills and one-half brown wasteland with no variety or interesting terrain. The Flesh Raiders as an enemy could be renamed Generic Mook#1-304885 and nothing would change about the storyline. Also it may just be me but the Flesh Raiders never felt like a real threat, yeah they constantly kept pulling out new surprises; ooh look a Flesh Raider with a blaster, ooh look a Flesh Raider with force powers but they didn't seem any sort of threat to the Jedi status quo. Also compared to the other starter planets Tython felt short on interesting side quests, I mean on Nal Hutta you're dealing with spice smugglers killing rebels and infiltrating enemy factories to blow them up. On Ord Mantell you are dropped in the middle of a civil war that's causing both sides to do some really screwed up things. On Tython you're beating up more Flesh Raider mooks and the local wildlife again and again and again.

Overall I would give Tython 2 Yodas, for at least letting me push a Flesh Raider off a cliff and meet Master Orgus one of the more interesting characters in the Jedi Order.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

my dad posted:

The Nobody Legacy.

:byodood: Who stole my stuff!?
:v: Nobody.

Smuggling stuff out like it's nobody's business.

Seconding this.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

my dad posted:

The inflation hit hard last year.

Well we are told that the republic army has an entire special forces division if we call a division ten thousand men, then that's 3333.33 special forces squads using a standard republic organization of three men to a squad. I guess Havoc squad was formed fairly early given that they have a fairly cool name; somewhere on some backwater planet there is Minor Inconvenience Squad that was formed when they started running out of cool names to give to their special forces units.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 12, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

CVE posted:

Well I have to say I liked Ord Mantell better than I did Tython. Dubious honors I know. Also you don't really start to appreciate sprint until you get it (as a f2p players obviously). In every successive new character run, if only to try out the classes (mostly hear the beginning stories), a small piece of yourself is dying :suicide:

Likewise, I enjoyed Ord Mantell one hell of a lot more than Tython. It really "feels" right as a planet in a bitter civil war. Its not a patch on Korriban or Nal Hutta admittedly, but it's certainly the better of the two Republic starter planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

MuLepton posted:

Seconding this. The group dynamics are great (just like in the other LP). Quinine as the ladies' man with poor judgement just fits perfectly with all the girls :allears:

Just one question to Brainamp:
Could you clarify how you're using italics in your updates? It's clear that outside of dialogue it's Todessa's internal monologue; when you use it in dialogue, it seems to be mostly things you add to it (like the others do it). But sometimes there are entire lines of italics text which are followed by normal text and it's pretty clear that the latter is a reply to the former. Here's an example from update 5:

Speaking solely for myself here, Italics in character I.E. next to a portrait is meant to be dialogue added by me (as opposed to the dialogue in the game). Italics without a portrait is the monologue/connecting bits and pieces. Bold is for actions and/or time changes. While normal text is all bioware.

• Locked thread