Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mikan posted:

:sparkles: Shipping begins Monday :sparkles:

Box sets too? :shobon:

Also, on the off chance you're reading this and going to be at PAX today, look for someone in the tabletop section holding up a sign that says something like "SAVE PAX FROM GIANT BUGS!" That'll be me, trying to get a game or two of Last Stand going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hit up Games on Demand, looking for players RIGHT NOW!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I'll come back around after this panel - 4:30ish.

E: have to find you tomorrow, meeting some friends for dinner & phone is dying.

Sorry, I won't be at PAX Sunday. I'm too tired and I can't justify driving up there again. :(

I hope you at least saw me walking around with my cheap-rear end "Ask me how to save PAX from giant bugs" sign.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

From the first game I ran: Rachel, Matt, and Dan-squito try to finish off the stunned Tarantank that rose out of the river near PAX! Look at those evocative minis!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Okay, so Last Stand at PAX.

As I said, I ran two demos that were powered by me walking around the tabletop area with a handwritten "sign" saying "ASK ME HOW TO SAVE PAX FROM GIANT BUGS". I did have people ask me who didn't end up playing, but I still managed to point them at the PDF/Amazon copies.

The games went pretty well, but I know I screwed up a lot of the rules. Which was my fault, I decided to do this at the last second, so I had to speed-read the rules.

Still, the seven people I got to play had fun, throwing cars through buildings and powerbombing stinger bees.

I did have a few rules questions, though:
1) How many tokens does the GM start with? I was fighting with the Tarantank, and I made the mistake of only giving myself 3 tokens the first game, which meant the first time I lost the gamble I was cut off from its best attack.
2) Can you use any stat with a card, or are the individual cards tied to specific stats?
3) How do you earn more tokens outside of gambles?

If I had it all to do again, I think the biggest change I'd make would be making preset suits instead of doing a draft; when you're trying to do the whole thing in an hour and a half/two hours and explaining the rules while people are sorting through cards gets things off to a slow start.

Still, everyone enjoyed stopping giant insects from destroying downtown Boston and hopefully at least some of the people I talked to/played with went on to get the game.

My biggest regret is that I didn't get a picture of myself with the sign.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mikan posted:

Infinite.

Then I think I'm missing something; if I have unlimited tokens then why do monster powers say "Wager 2"? Is that just something to keep the power descriptions in line between GM and players?

quote:

With any card.

Okay, good, that's what I thought. (Except when the card specifies, of course)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mikan posted:

When the GM "spends" tokens, they go into a pool in the center of the table. Once that pool has tokens in it equal to the players, all the players get to take one of the tokens.
When a GM power is a Wager, it's a chance the tokens don't get added to the pool. When the GM wins the Wager, the tokens don't get added and the players aren't gonna get more tokens as a result of the power. If the GM loses, they go in the pool same as spending.
It's on page 20 of the book.
Ah, gotcha. That would have changed how I ran the demos then.

quote:

beaten to questions about my own game, a shameful designer
I missed a lot of obvious rules, a shameful demo GM

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Got my book and cards today! And I love my custom card:

quote:

Winter's Bow
Operative +1, Tactician +1
Standard, Ranged, Collateral (1, 2)

Select an enemy in an adjacent sector; mote it in a straight line to the edge of the map. It takes one damage. One target in each sector it moves through takes one damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mikan posted:

I deliver the Texas books by walking from door to door. (Same, PM or email me and I'll see what's up.)

Did I post about the box sets in here yet? I'm going to post a Kickstarter update once I'm closer to prototype in hand, but I'm placing an order soon and it has some neat stuff.
Backer boxes will include a full quad-fold game board. The board has the sector grid, a Wide Open Skies sector, space for additional sectors and a Token Stash. There's also space on each of the corners to place player bribes. It also has a set of double-sided mats with new sectors, so you can change the appearance and terrain on the sector grid by laying those on top of the board. It also has 2d10, five player pieces (meeple, basically), about 70 Invader tokens (small tokens with invader art) and about 70 regular/special tokens (like On Fire, Poison, so on). The box itself will be signed, with the Last Stand logo painted onto the box top.

Any chance we could get some preview pics?

• Locked thread