Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«479 »
Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dryer Lint posted:

I was a pour unable to even afford the monthly payments on a Commando. Then my good friend DeadlikeRev told me about how to shoot robits and get space bucks and now I am a successful internet grognard and own my own fleet of metches and am one of World of Lowtax's greatest enigmas!

I'm not convinced "enigma" is the right word.

Also, the Wizard is undergoing refit and is not available at this time. Roger. Copy.

Fake edit: Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

bokbok posted:

Here is an actually useful video for newbirds who have no idea how to click on things in the mech lab though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1pOsH9iFyE
Good newbird video. Loved the music.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

DonVincenzo posted:

Requesting Wizard support, over.

Negative, Ghostraven, the pattern is full.

Wasn't activating 3rd Person a bannable offence now, along with recommending 3rd Person and informing pubbies of the hotkeys for it? Is that no longer a thing?

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Don't be like this poor soul, join WoL and ask in jabber for someone to play with!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Paingod556 posted:

Wasn't activating 3rd Person a bannable offence now, along with recommending 3rd Person and informing pubbies of the hotkeys for it? Is that no longer a thing?

I thought it was just tricking them into it (by referring to it as third person). Did they eventually crack down on people shouting DON'T PRESS ALT+F4 at the start of matches to get pubbies to disconnect?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Paingod556 posted:

That's correct, and if you look at the OP it does not in any way suggest that people should do this now, just that it has been done in the past.

As an aside, I have seen someone inform pubbies that "Pressing Alt-F4 closes the active window" and had that result in several disconnects, and I can't imagine that being against the CoC.

Lost and Delusional
Aug 27, 2010

bokbok posted:

Here is an actually useful video for newbirds who have no idea how to click on things in the mech lab though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1pOsH9iFyE

I had no clue that you could double click to remove stuff, does the game ever mention you can do that?

Also I beat the newbird challenge.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Bullshit detected sir!

Lost and Delusional posted:

Also I beat the newbird challenge.

This isn't really a thing anymore.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Heroes of the Reich, reporting.

Since it is getting quoted, (thanks FOCKS ) I am just gonna link these again.

Battle for the Space Oil Derricks (Operation Caw Caw Caw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w13_uTNW7cc

The Fighting Cocks lean too heavily on a Pay2Win Hero Mech to Save the Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQ5KPS6zbo

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Maybe this thread I will relax my posting volume and let someone else be top posting goon.

The last thread would've still had 3 months of life left, if not for you making GBS threads it up all the time!

Edit: Love you fil, kissy kissy

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Prawned posted:

The last thread would've still had 3 months of life left, if not for you making GBS threads it up all the time!

Edit: Love you fil, kissy kissy

Hey, I remember you! You used to play robots!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Precisely.

...So what the hell is up with the Pretty Baby? Clearly I'm missing something because that doesn't look like $20 to me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Orv posted:

...So what the hell is up with the Pretty Baby? Clearly I'm missing something because that doesn't look like $20 to me.

It isn't.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Precisely.

So naturally all the pubbies have one.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

If you're not buying them to "collect" them and you actually care about things like "relative worth vs other mechs in the same weight class" then PB is a waste of money. It's an Awesome 8V with fewer and worse hardpoints and a bigger max engine size. If you long for the return of the Mawesome while also thinking the Mawesome was too good, go for it. In pugging/4 mans it's fine, but then so is literally every mech in the game as long as you're not filling it with machine gun ammo, stripping armour and crashing it into terrain until it explodes. In 8 mans it's pretty pointless.

Also it's more than $20 I think. The Marmoset is about $25 if I remember my maths correctly and it remains King Best Hero Mech. If you already have a marmoset, spend your MC on paint instead of the PB.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Precisely.

Ah, yeah, it'd be $30, give or take. Blech.

One further question, because I've apparently been gone this long. Camos and cockpit decor; per mech or per account?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

In pugging/4 mans it's fine, but then so is literally every mech in the game as long as you're not filling it with machine gun ammo, stripping armour and crashing it into terrain until it explodes.

Now, see, this just sounds like a challenge.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Orv posted:

Ah, yeah, it'd be $30, give or take. Blech.

One further question, because I've apparently been gone this long. Camos and cockpit decor; per mech or per account?

Camos are either per mech (cheaper) or per chassis type (i.e. all your hunchbacks or all your cents or all your etc etc etc). The per chassis type is reusable, the single use version isn't, so if you paint your mech with the cheaper Urban Block, then if you repaint it with another camo you'll lose the urban block. If you have the expensive cross-chassis one, you don't lose it and it sits in your inventory. Paint is unlocked across all your mechs, so it's a one time purchase.

Cockpit decor is per account, but you only have as many as you buy. So my classy urbanmech bobblehead has to be moved from cockpit to cockpit if I want to see it all the time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Precisely.

Good to know, cheers Fil.

Safety Factor posted:

Now, see, this just sounds like a challenge.

There is that Spider config with 4 ballistic slots...

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

quote:

Cockpit items are just like any other item, you buy one, you can put it in a mech, pull it out of a mech, and put them in any mech. But if you want to put them in more than one mech at a time you need to have bought more the appropriate ammount.

Colours, I believe, are per account. If you pay the 1000MC you can put them on anything, as many times as you like.

Camos, come in two forms. First is a cheap single use form which is pretty self explanatory. Then there's a multi-use form, which lets you use that camo as many times as you want on that chassis type: i.e. if you pay for the multi-use camo on a catapult, you can use it on any catapult as many times as you want but you would need to buy it for your atlas if you wanted to use it there.

Anyway that's my understanding.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

"Bob" sold it, I smoked it, That settles it.

Permission to wub is granted.
(permission to kill is always granted)

https://soundcloud.com/two-beans/two-beans-vcr

Here's a little something to shoot robots with.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Orv posted:

Good to know, cheers Fil.

There is that Spider config with 4 ballistic slots...

I do not recall saying you should fire any of the machine gun ammo. Actually putting guns on takes up tonnage and crits you should be using to fit more ammo in.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Playing MWO and joining the WoL has given me a new found appreciation of birds, corgis, and explosions. It's like I'm a new man!

Although, it has drastically increased my consumption of bourbon.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I can't wait for the Hatchpult. I have a feeling it is going to be the "elite" Assault 'Mech of choice for a long, long time.

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

Sharkopath posted:

This game is fun and goons are cool and chill and you'll have a blast if you play it with us!

(unless you play it with KDR Squad.)

Hey now, we in KDR Squad have our fun too. Take last night for example, in our Run Hot or Die tournament matchup against previous tournament winners and brony shitlords Eridani Light Pony:

gently caress bronies.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009

Peak ADR achieved

(Also sending loving bronies to the glue factory is the best thing. Join WoL, crush bronies!)

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Heroes of the Reich, reporting.

Commando 2D in those screen shots.

Peaked
Mar 3, 2007
Troglodyte

Before I joined Word of Lowtax I was hooked on crack cocaine. WoL changed my life. Now I spend all day shooting robits and poo poo posting on the MWO forums, like any other productive member of society.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

terminal mehmet posted:

Playing MWO and joining the WoL has given me a new found appreciation of birds, corgis, and explosions. It's like I'm a new man!

Although, it has drastically increased my consumption of bourbon.

Just so you know: http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/10/new...s-mark-bourbon/ Going from 45% ABV to 42%. Believe me, I too am dismayed.

Also I guess that's a pretty nice OP and newbirds keep signing up because this game is still getting better as time goes on. Pick up groups in Mumble are still going strong and playing solo is not worth it. It's much better to play your first game in a goonlance and be able to ask questions from knowledgeable people right then and there (that can also win the game for you, too).

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009

Phrosphor posted:

We were going for maximum mindfuck. (That's what I tell myself, at least.)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why?! Why?! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market ?!!!

Eejit posted:

Just so you know: http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/10/new...s-mark-bourbon/ Going from 45% ABV to 42%. Believe me, I too am dismayed.

Goddamit. Time to switch to scotch.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Phrosphor posted:

A company that can win with a Metal Babby in the ranks is one that cannot be defeated. That or they needed something to sacrifice at the round start to appease the ghosts of Kerensky

Gwaihir posted:

(Also sending loving bronies to the glue factory is the best thing. Join WoL, crush bronies!)

I feel I should say something here, but nah. gently caress 'em, run them down like a cinematic recreation of the Charge of the Light Horse.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Gimme a minute,
not that much longer,
wait for it, wait for it...

Two Beans posted:

Permission to wub is granted.
(permission to kill is always granted)

https://soundcloud.com/two-beans/two-beans-vcr

Here's a little something to shoot robots with.

A new track! Great wubs. Be sure to listen to his other tracks too.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

I haven't really played this game in weeks, maybe I should jump back in. I do like robits, but I got all distracted with Planetside 2.

Also a new MWO thread, whee. Keep it up, good work.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Word of Lowtax saved my relationship, and now I can stomp around in Robits all I want! Thanks WoL

Seriously, if you want to play this game, you need to be playing it with goons. It's casual, fun, and easy to pick up and play (with goons) and you're more or less punching yourself in the dick if you play this game with pubbies.

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

Phrosphor posted:

Spooky loves his goddamn metal baby.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

Start a new life with the Power Girl Diet&trade. It worked for me!

I noticed one error in the first post. Under the atlas section for building, the line

quote:

...mind that the AC20 is in your right torso and SRMs in the right.
should be 'mind that the AC20 is in your right torso and SRMs in the left.'.

Also, I didn't see mention of the leg turning causing convergence issues. When pressing A or D to turn your legs, torso mounted weapons won't converge correctly. Always release those keys before firing torso mounted weapons, otherwise the shot may not go where the + is pointing.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

The upgrades part (endo, ff) of the first post still has some references to repair costs.

Wee Tinkle Wand
Sep 28, 2004

I'M GETTING FUCKED UP THE ASS OVER HERE

Started playing again after a while (2 big patches maybe? I stopped before the spider) and I'm getting greatly improved FPS. One of the reasons I stopped was running lights was becoming unbearable, every patch making my FPS slightly worse like a slow slide down to hell. So I'm pleased, what did they fix or was it just "performance tweaks" in some patchnotes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Death Himself posted:

Started playing again after a while (2 big patches maybe? I stopped before the spider) and I'm getting greatly improved FPS. One of the reasons I stopped was running lights was becoming unbearable, every patch making my FPS slightly worse like a slow slide down to hell. So I'm pleased, what did they fix or was it just "performance tweaks" in some patchnotes?

I don't think that we got specifics in the patch notes, but I can remember a few dev posts talking about things like the HUD having a big overhead and them cutting some of that down. The last patch really made things a lot better for a lot of people in that respect.

«479 »