Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«479 »
demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Gimme a minute,
not that much longer,
wait for it, wait for it...

Gwaihir posted:

Does a pubbie still poo poo LRMs in the woods?

Sweet... LaToya Jackson Kerensky will soon ride again!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

That won't be necessary.

So Kerensky is to Battletech what Drizzt is to D&D.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Gimme a minute,
not that much longer,

Yeah, the best part is more often than not you don't need to say a single word and some people will rage. It is a silent troll. I have had people call me all sorts of names, murderer, hell one guy accused me of being space Hitler. The hard core clan sperg lords challenge me to honor duels saying I soil the game by using such a vulgar name on the honorable Kerensky name.

I always tell people who give me poo poo that I rightfully earned my Kerensky blood name in a Trial of Molestation. If they want to challenge me we can meet in a public restroom and fondle each other until we have a winner. Needless to say it does not blow over too well.

Ochn0e
Sep 2, 2012

Tyberius posted:

In fantasy terms, yes it's the Legolas of Battletech so to speak.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why?! Why?! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market ?!!!

Tyberius posted:

If there were a small library of spinoff novels focusing on the deeds of Drizzt's descendants.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!

By far the funniest thing is pubbies rationalising their poo poo fits when you question them. Especially machineguns, there is no logic behind carrying a weapon with such terrible dps and such dangerous ammo.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY FOR 40 GAY

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. The OP should now reflect the last few pages of edits.

Ochn0e
Sep 2, 2012

Execu-speak posted:

By far the funniest thing is pubbies rationalising their poo poo fits when you question them. Especially machineguns, there is no logic behind carrying a weapon with such terrible dps and such dangerous ammo.

Don't forget the flamer.

"The Flamer - Why It Should Be Good. "

"Arguable, the flamer is the most overpowered weapon in the game when used correctly. It can totally disable a mech if used long enough..... "

Stopped reading there, but he goes on for a whole page.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/97...should-be-good/

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ochn0e posted:

Don't forget the flamer.

"Arguable, the flamer is the most overpowered weapon in the game when used correctly. It can totally disable a mech if used long enough..... "

It is only surpassed by the gun that floods the enemy cockpit with fart smell. Why do damage to the giant death machine that is trying to kill you, when you can briefly annoy it instead?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why?! Why?! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market ?!!!

BULBASAUR posted:

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. The OP should now reflect the last few pages of edits.

Great work Bulbasaur! If you're taking edits:

quote:

MWO is set before any older Mechwarrior game and many of the things youíre probably familiar with havenít been invented yet. This means you wonít see Timberwolves or ERPPCs

We have ER PPC's now! Say snub-nosed PPC's.

You also might want to just delete the Bryan Elkman quote about closed/open beta since beta is open as gently caress now; I think the release date has been determined.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Ochn0e posted:

Don't forget the flamer.

This doesn't stop running a Flamer Hunchback from being a drat funny time. I might be doing poo poo for damage while I run in circles around big, clumsy assault mechs, but I'm having a hilarious time while I do it. (And pubbies are stupid enough that you stand a non-zero chance of cooking off someone's MG ammo and blowing them to hell and gone. I await that fateful day.)

devnulll
Jun 17, 2012

I'd hit that.

"Unable to locate SA User or your account does not meet the required criteria for registration. If you think this is in error please post your case in the WoL thread in Games. Somebody will be happy to tell you why your a horrible human being, and possibly help you with your issue."

I'm doing it wrong! Help

Drewjitsu
Sep 2, 2007

Muay Thai is great but Buttscoot-Shin-to-Balls Style is undeniably better.

devnulll posted:

"Unable to locate SA User or your account does not meet the required criteria for registration. If you think this is in error please post your case in the WoL thread in Games. Somebody will be happy to tell you why your a horrible human being, and possibly help you with your issue."

I'm doing it wrong! Help

Post more. And more and more! You're not posting enough!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

devnulll posted:

I'm doing it wrong! Help

Solodrakban has detected that you are a spy. There's nothing that can be done.

Mighty Dicktron
Sep 1, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

devnulll posted:

I'm doing it wrong! Help

34 more posts there chum. Keep it up and maybe you'll be a real bird someday.

devnulll
Jun 17, 2012

I'd hit that.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I must have missed requirement in the OP. Thanks

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Cobbsprite posted:

This doesn't stop running a Flamer Hunchback from being a drat funny time. I might be doing poo poo for damage while I run in circles around big, clumsy assault mechs, but I'm having a hilarious time while I do it. (And pubbies are stupid enough that you stand a non-zero chance of cooking off someone's MG ammo and blowing them to hell and gone. I await that fateful day.)

Anytime you want to run with the Flaming Hunches, just let me know. I love that poo poo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rshf83lAmhI

(skip to 2:00 for the actual flamer fight)

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Nice work guys, we've been talking about flamers and rev hasn't shown up to brag about the time he got a lot of kills with flamers.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Ochn0e posted:

Same old. They also have the weirdest builds. CTF-4x 4x AC/2 anyone ?

I use this. Its stupid fun, as people seem to ignore you as AC2s are crap. Yet its crap that lets you never stop shooting, putting 400+ rounds into enemy mechs. Not a serious bot, but it is fun.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Cobbsprite posted:

Running Flame Lance is always good times.

Running with pubs is just plain silly. Though honestly, trying out hilariously ineffective builds like the Flammando or 4MG/1ERPPC Cicada can force you to become a better pilot.

And on Kerensky's, it's amusing that your mere existence can piss people off. I've gotten pubbies raging without saying a word. 110% trolling efficiency

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Gimme a minute,
not that much longer,

Paingod556 posted:

And on Kerensky's, it's amusing that your mere existence can piss people off. I've gotten pubbies raging without saying a word. 110% trolling efficiency

I want to run an entire Jackson's Kerensky lance and see how people melt down when we challenge them to a Trial of Molestation.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I've never squawked and I never will

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Paingod556 posted:

So many good Kerensky names are already taken.

Barack Hussein Kerensky
George W Kerensky
John Fitzgerald Kerensky
Martin Luther Kerensky

'Elvis Kerensky' is mine, now. A little less conversation, a little more action, please.

Lost and Delusional
Aug 27, 2010

I managed to scrape together the space dollars for that CN9-A build in the op, and I am a changed man. That thing is an unholy metal baby eating beast.

JadeRaven
Nov 12, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

Nice work guys, we've been talking about flamers and rev hasn't shown up to brag about the time he got a lot of kills with flamers.

I'm playing with rev right now. It's safe to say he won't have anything to brag about anytime soon.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

For a while in closed beta, during the summer, flamers were absolutely overpowered and generated no heat for the mech using them. You could go up to a mech and then overheat it and keep it overheated indefinitely. Jenners would dominate anything but other Jenners and Atlases were worthless. This was also when Atlases had huge headboxes so a few volleys of LRMs would kill an Atlas reliably.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The OP (post 1) is still talking about release schedule, closed beta etc. as if that was something going to happen in the future. Maybe shorten that part down to "game was first announced on <date>, a closed beta started on <other date> and on <date again> the game entered open beta."

(I need to start playing again.)

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

It's set somewhere over 100, as I still get the same message.

Corbeau
Sep 12, 2010

Jack of All Trades

If I programmed it, it would go up on an account-by-account basis depending on how many times that person applied.

Just sayin'.

devnulll
Jun 17, 2012

I'd hit that.

PST posted:

It's set somewhere over 100, as I still get the same message.

For all the self promotion and come join the Wol fun in the MWO threads it seems counter productive to have undocumented requirements.

Drewjitsu
Sep 2, 2007

Muay Thai is great but Buttscoot-Shin-to-Balls Style is undeniably better.

Fil5000 posted:

To be fair, he was basically in his own kung-fu movie where the mooks streamed in one at a time and in the end, he killed 6 guys. Then they made flamers bad.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

devnulll posted:

For all the self promotion and come join the Wol fun in the MWO threads it seems counter productive to have undocumented requirements.

It only discriminates against people who aren't real goons.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just got stuck on a portion of the map somehow, between a rock and a portion of the ground. I got rather rapidly taken down, and started falling through the map, endlessly, until the end of the match. Spiraling like a mad dancer in a mechsuit.

All it needed was some pop songs and we'd have an 80s music video.

devnulll
Jun 17, 2012

I'd hit that.

Zaodai posted:

It only discriminates against people who aren't real goons.

and people with lives and jobs...

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Represent!

devnulll posted:

...Yes? Hence, not real goons.

T.G. Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Rolling Thunder: War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt

Why? , that's why.

devnulll posted:

Judging by those ubiquitous Goon-made banner ads, I'd say you and Zaodai are basically saying the same thing.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

If u a baller, holla!

devnulll posted:

Please. Tell me more about these undocumented requirements that appear to remain undocumented...

devnulll
Jun 17, 2012

I'd hit that.

Don Dongington posted:

Please. Tell me more about these undocumented requirements that appear to remain undocumented...

Read the thread.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

Corbeau posted:

If I programmed it, it would go up on an account-by-account basis depending on how many times that person applied.

Just sayin'.
Never not Squawk, never not post.

evilmiera posted:

Just got stuck on a portion of the map somehow, between a rock and a portion of the ground. I got rather rapidly taken down, and started falling through the map, endlessly, until the end of the match. Spiraling like a mad dancer in a mechsuit.

All it needed was some pop songs and we'd have an 80s music video.

No screenshots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

santanotreal
Nov 12, 2012

devnulll posted:

Read the thread.

Pretty sure that the point being made is you need to be a real goon and actually post enough to be part of SA community, rather than just trying to join MWO. If you can't make a post more often than 3 out of 10 days in an 8 month period, you probably haven't accomplished that.

«479 »