Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Conquistador posted:

:stare: I don't care how unrealistic this is, this show is loving awesome.

That rapist surely regrets his decision now.

That fight scene was unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This guy is like Vic Mackey, but like, started out as a criminal, turned into a cop who is also a criminal, but has zero qualms being a complete rear end in a top hat in public.

E: Oh man, that redneck justice scene was loving awesome.

"How do I know you aren't lying?!"

"Because if I was, you'd already be dead :smug:" *pan to deputy holding shotgun at redneck*

E2: There are entirely too few scenes of :shlick: on tv. I never knew I was missing that from my tv schedule until this moment.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 4, 2013

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
this show is good, i hope there is more and i hope its soon

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like they've combined Justified, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, and Spartacus with this TV show.

I frankly wouldn't be shocked to see meth cooking zombies wearing 1960's era clothing drinking old fashions.

E: :stonk: The albino :stonk:

More importantly the end of the albino.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 4, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Episode 8 sucked balls, am I the only one who thought this?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The fight scene with the henchman went on far too long, I thought. It had a nice ending though.

My favorites for the season were obviously episode 6 with that freaky albino, the pilot and the finale. The one with the MMA guy deserves mention as well, that fight scene at the end was ridiculous and satisfying. The pilot hooked me almost instantly, but by the end of the bar robbery I just had to see what happened next. The finale was great and had some pretty good Job action, I think he's one of the best characters for sure.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Episode 10.

RPJesus Christ :stare:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Best trash I've watched in ages. I like how Hood alternates between intense stares and quickly averting eye contact. The actor seems to have nailed the twitchy social defensiveness of someone that's had to spend years being on guard 24/7. The weakest point for me was Rabbit. I mean sure, clichéd monologuing is par for the course in a show like this but he laid it on a little too thick, to the point where Hood himself said "Just get on with it!"

Conquistador posted:

Episode 10.

RPJesus Christ :stare:

This, and shotgun blast to the leg were the best gently caress YEAH moments! Can someone do a gif?

Can't wait till next season.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Important Banshee news: Julian Sands, star of Room With A View, Warlock and Warlock: The Armageddon is going to be Rabbits brother, who's a priest or something.

Great news for fans of the show and Julian Sands!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just watched the first three of these and sweet Jesus it's brilliant fun. When Sanchez beat that girl you just knew it was going to be some x rated retribution by Hood, the man always delivers :allears:

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I saw this show mentioned in the Spartacus thread so I marathoned through it and gently caress this show is cool. Interesting story, some really good music, solid pacing without dicking around forever, good acting, and some pretty brutal violence. The MMA fighter scene made me cringe more than once like when he rips the guys fingers apart :stare:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nothing will ever be as awesome to me as the Albino episode. Holy poo poo was that awesome.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Just binged this show - man, it's incredible.

They showed a teaser trailer of Season 2: http://www.tvequals.com/2013/07/20/banshee-season-2-comic-con-trailer-teases-more-darkness-to-come/

2014 is gonna be a long ways off, y'all.

Surreal Windmill
May 18, 2007

Wherefore set upon this magical round hill, the windmills go Round and Round as do we all
hey I just wanted to tag this topic. I work on the show, feel free to ask me anything I ill answer within reason (no spoilers).

We have two weeks left of principal filming for season 2, then we splinter off for a week to NYC for the finale.

The wrap party for s2 was yesterday, we had a screening of s2e2 and I just have to say wow. loving wow. Like the first season was just kind of a fun show, that was really inconsistent untill about episode 6, then it got better. The episode I watched yesterday blew my mind how good it was. All the actors specifically stepped it up Ulrich (Proctors) tiniest mannerisms are loving amazing. Its such a drat shame no one gets cinemax, but season 2 is going to be quality. The episode I watched was better than anything in the first season (save maybe, uhm was it episode 7 with the school hostages? That was good TV).

edit: please dont shoot me greg, ill behave (he's everywhere! haha, great guy)

I think additionally we're so much more organized (thank god) this season. Last season we shot the most random order (I believe it was, 4, 2/5 same time, 1, 3/6 same time, 7, 8 9, 10?) which just just killed the shows consistency, especially 4 being such a bad episode. 2/5 being... kind of out of place with really throw away characters (2 being the rave 5 being the kindred). 1 was okay, but there was too much to set up for a show of this girth, idk how else you would do it. 3 was good (sanchez, the mma fighter) but 6 (the motherfucking albino) was, hell IS, banshee. All my opinion btw.

Glad to see our SFX department score an emmy nom, they deserve it.

Sorry for typos, bad... uh... grammar or something, I'm stupidly hung over from the wrap party. It was weird I got kind of emotional watching that episode, I have never worked so hard in my life (Banshee is a hard loving show to work on).

But yeah feel free to ask me anything (again I wont spoil anything or talk bad about an actor or something, that'd be very unprofessional, and I did not work on episode 4 which is our pilot) please get your friends and SO's and family hooked on this show because s2 is gonna be loving good television, andI have NO DOUBT in my mind s3 is going to happen.

edit 2: oh and, this is just conjecture, but I kind of think they hated that they killed off some "monsters of the week" bad guys. The albino was too good, havin ghim show up in Banshee would have been an amazing call back say in s3 or s4 if they do it. That being said, someone above the line definitely felt out how good certain bad guys were and don't outright kill them, which is p cool. It's still a very much monster of the week show (if you dont know what I mean, there's the over-arching plot but each episode has a "monster" ep 1: Moody Brothers 2: toby the ecstacy dealer 3: sanchez the mma fighter 4: moody brothers revenge 5: the kindred biker gang 6: albino/wicks 7: school hostage dudes 8: olek 9: rabbbit pt 1 10 rabbit pt 2... see?) but the "monsters" arent necessarily cut and dry just for 1 episode (sometimes they are, but at least the awesome ones survive..... and maybe even get revenge? ;) ).

Surreal Windmill fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 12, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Surreal Windmill posted:

Long, difficult to read post that was poorly formatted

I think you're about to hit peak hang over, since I'm not convinced you aren't still drunk yet.

Good to know that you're almost done filming though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Surreal Windmill posted:

hey I just wanted to tag this topic. I work on the show, feel free to ask me anything I ill answer within reason (no spoilers).

We have two weeks left of principal filming for season 2, then we splinter off for a week to NYC for the finale.

The wrap party for s2 was yesterday, we had a screening of s2e2 and I just have to say wow. loving wow. Like the first season was just kind of a fun show, that was really inconsistent untill about episode 6, then it got better. The episode I watched yesterday blew my mind how good it was. All the actors specifically stepped it up Ulrich (Proctors) tiniest mannerisms are loving amazing. Its such a drat shame no one gets cinemax, but season 2 is going to be quality. The episode I watched was better than anything in the first season (save maybe, uhm was it episode 7 with the school hostages? That was good TV).

edit: please dont shoot me greg, ill behave (he's everywhere! haha, great guy)

I think additionally we're so much more organized (thank god) this season. Last season we shot the most random order (I believe it was, 4, 2/5 same time, 1, 3/6 same time, 7, 8 9, 10?) which just just killed the shows consistency, especially 4 being such a bad episode. 2/5 being... kind of out of place with really throw away characters (2 being the rave 5 being the kindred). 1 was okay, but there was too much to set up for a show of this girth, idk how else you would do it. 3 was good (sanchez, the mma fighter) but 6 (the motherfucking albino) was, hell IS, banshee. All my opinion btw.

Glad to see our SFX department score an emmy nom, they deserve it.

Sorry for typos, bad... uh... grammar or something, I'm stupidly hung over from the wrap party. It was weird I got kind of emotional watching that episode, I have never worked so hard in my life (Banshee is a hard loving show to work on).

But yeah feel free to ask me anything (again I wont spoil anything or talk bad about an actor or something, that'd be very unprofessional, and I did not work on episode 4 which is our pilot) please get your friends and SO's and family hooked on this show because s2 is gonna be loving good television, andI have NO DOUBT in my mind s3 is going to happen.

edit 2: oh and, this is just conjecture, but I kind of think they hated that they killed off some "monsters of the week" bad guys. The albino was too good, havin ghim show up in Banshee would have been an amazing call back say in s3 or s4 if they do it. That being said, someone above the line definitely felt out how good certain bad guys were and don't outright kill them, which is p cool. It's still a very much monster of the week show (if you dont know what I mean, there's the over-arching plot but each episode has a "monster" ep 1: Moody Brothers 2: toby the ecstacy dealer 3: sanchez the mma fighter 4: moody brothers revenge 5: the kindred biker gang 6: albino/wicks 7: school hostage dudes 8: olek 9: rabbbit pt 1 10 rabbit pt 2... see?) but the "monsters" arent necessarily cut and dry just for 1 episode (sometimes they are, but at least the awesome ones survive..... and maybe even get revenge? ;) ).

You are now obligated to make the season 2 thread and fill it with insider info.

Surreal Windmill
May 18, 2007

Wherefore set upon this magical round hill, the windmills go Round and Round as do we all

Conquistador posted:

I think you're about to hit peak hang over, since I'm not convinced you aren't still drunk yet.

Haha, yeah sorry. I'm feeling better now but I don't think I'll ever be 100% during the entirety of filming this show.

Rhyno posted:

You are now obligated to make the season 2 thread and fill it with insider info.

Is a season 2 thread necessary, or would it be better just to continue this thread? I'll totally give commentary on each episode as it airs, but I'm still not convinced anyone watches it.

Surreal Windmill fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 12, 2013

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I didn't watch it live, but that's because I actually liked the first episode so I saved it all to binge through in one go. Cool show, will most definitely be following season 2 when it ends.

Surreal Windmill
May 18, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

I didn't watch it live, but that's because I actually liked the first episode so I saved it all to binge through in one go. Cool show, will most definitely be following season 2 when it ends.

S1 was a good show to binge, I hate the fact that it's on cinemax and we're kinda forced to have these, frankly out of place, sex scene completely breaking pace sometimes, but I would imagine how it's all edited in my head s2 will be better served week to week. There's no outright weak episodes, and it should be a good show to chat about during the off time.

Save for episode, uhm, I can't remember if it was 5 or 6 season 2 (we shoot two at a time) is like a giant fever dream episode.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Surreal Windmill posted:

S1 was a good show to binge, I hate the fact that it's on cinemax and we're kinda forced to have these, frankly out of place, sex scene completely breaking pace sometimes, but I would imagine how it's all edited in my head s2 will be better served week to week. There's no outright weak episodes, and it should be a good show to chat about during the off time.

Save for episode, uhm, I can't remember if it was 5 or 6 season 2 (we shoot two at a time) is like a giant fever dream episode.

Yeah, those sex scenes were fast forward fodder for me. Nice to know that cinemax is making you guys put them in and it's not your guys' fault.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I watched the first episode with my mother: sitting through that cunnilingus scene :gonk:

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Just going to sit down to watch Skinemax with mom

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Surreal Windmill posted:

How long did that brutal fight between Ivana and Oleg take to film? It seemed like half the episode was them throwing each other through poo poo until there was nothing left to break. And were those stunt doubles ?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lofty132 posted:

I watched the first episode with my mother: sitting through that cunnilingus scene :gonk:

Hahahah you watched this with your mom.

Amazing.

Anyway, I vote we keep it in this thread, there aren't a ton of people that watch this show here and I don't really like the new thread smell.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Conquistador posted:

Amazing.

Anyway, I vote we keep it in this thread, there aren't a ton of people that watch this show here and I don't really like the new thread smell.

Not yet anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At the very least I need to do that new OP I said I was going to do months ago and we need a new thread title.

Jesus, when's the new season air, I'm in serious need here!

TheRealGunde
Aug 13, 2007

Surreal Windmill posted:

... I hate the fact that it's on cinemax and we're kinda forced to have these, frankly out of place, sex scene completely breaking pace sometimes...
No offense but this show needs the ridiculous sex scenes as much as the ridiculous action scenes :)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Concur :colbert: The sex is awesome, quit ragging on the sex. Anything that gets sexy rear end chicks with their tits out on my tv has got my vote.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
Ivana vs Oleg pushed way beyond ridiculous. Other than that this is the perfect show. :colbert:

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

At the very least I need to do that new OP I said I was going to do months ago and we need a new thread title.
We need lots of gifs, preferably of Hood fighting with Kai on the photocopier and reaction shots please.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

I saw this thread yesterday and binged the entire season. Seriously amazing...except for Kai and his niece, that poo poo is just creepy unnerving.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
My brother's response to my being uncomfortable every time they were on screen together: "What, he just sees himself in her :haw:"

Also, I've watched the MMA fight scene like 10 times now, and I still jump every time Hood breaks the guy's arm.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Still a couple of weeks to get the bluray, can't wait.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I still can't believe how many people have not seen this show. If you can watch the episode with the albino and not love this show then there is no hope for you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Albino on the deck of the Enterprise in Star Trek Deuce.

Surreal Windmill
May 18, 2007

Yo, we're done. Technically I, and most, were done two Thursdays ago. The key's had a week... somewhere else (idk playing it safe on spoilers, NDA's and all) that most didn't travel to/with. They finished this Friday. Personally after counting down the days landed two weeks on Homeland, but that's even more of a show that is crazy about leaks, so I won't say anything.

Conquistador posted:

I want to touch on this first, my bad. Yeah I was probably re-drunk. I'll touch up that post eventually. I was just kind of stoked to finally find a forum talking about it, Banshee has been my life. I've had literal blood sweat and tears poured onto call sheets.

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

Yeah, those sex scenes were fast forward fodder for me. Nice to know that cinemax is making you guys put them in and it's not your guys' fault.

TheRealGunde posted:

No offense but this show needs the ridiculous sex scenes as much as the ridiculous action scenes :)

Rocksicles posted:

Concur :colbert: The sex is awesome, quit ragging on the sex. Anything that gets sexy rear end chicks with their tits out on my tv has got my vote.

Hold up, I don't mean to say we're forced to have sex scenes. I simply don't know, I don't write. Banshee inhales sex and exhales violence. It's the nature of the show. I suppose I should have said that I think the sex scenes are often misplaced and badly paced (which edit 4. I'm not going to change my words placed here, but I suppose they are not misplaced. Pacing sure, they can disrupt maybe it for a point, but I feel it's not. I just hate working them.) I believe I'm not alone in this and s2 will get it right. (Granted, I do feel there is one extremely out of place one, and I'll comment when aired). It's just that they are so odd and at odds with pacing. Not that I want them gone (well, I hate HATE working them) but I feel personally it may be the only show that is getting it right sometimes in respect to sex. (Well aside from GoT). It's very True Blood about it, but even more in s2 than s1, it's kind of important to see. And granted in retrospect s1 specifically Lucas/Rebecca and Carrie/Gordon is important to see, because it's not just sex, there's acting cues in there. Rebecca loving it and taking charge, and Carrie's almost half-reluctance. And obviously Lucas/Carrie, but, that was simple nostalgic passion.

I guess I mean things like how long MMA dude/waitress was reeks superfluous. (obviously it was a story point, but it went too long) Personally.

osietra posted:

We need lots of gifs, preferably of Hood fighting with Kai on the photocopier and reaction shots please.

Yo, Ulrich, holy poo poo. The intricacies of his reactions are stupidly good this season. The loving half-assed smirks turning into a straight face. He's got Proctor down. It's awesome. Every shot we have with him vs Longshadow he just owns it. It's like objectively Longshadow should be the good guy, but you and all of us are rooting for Kai.

suddenlyissoon posted:

I still can't believe how many people have not seen this show. If you can watch the episode with the albino and not love this show then there is no hope for you.

I don't know if I said it in my OP, but the show kind of starts on s1e6. As far as pacing and comfort with the characters. I blame the messiness of our shooting order personally. The albino is SUCH a good bad guy. I think someone somewhere is kicking themselves for killing him. That being said I also loved Wicks in the same episode.

Conquistador posted:

Amazing.

Ha. My grandpa, 89, came up to me and said "So I watched Banshee. That's some show you're working on!"

Yeah....

Mouser.. posted:

How long did that brutal fight between Ivana and Oleg take to film? It seemed like half the episode was them throwing each other through poo poo until there was nothing left to break. And were those stunt doubles ?

That was the best episode working wise. It was SUCH a brutal show, it was a godsend to have a bottle episode with a 20 minute onscreen fight, on stage. I was laughing so hard when the director was all "so we broke two of the three windows, can we just break the third anyways" and it's in the show.

We, obviously, shot the scene whole and it took 2.5 days. two days straight of nothing but that, and the third day was, respectfully, a mess. We shot another scene at the same time for some reason (also on stage, I THINK it was Gordon tossing poo poo in his bedroom and then Deva comes in and is all "you're smoking pot!?" scene) and it just confused everyone where we were supposed to be. I suppose that's unimportant, though. 2.5 day fight scene on an hour-serial, kind of unheard of afaik. It was awesome. It was so scary being in that room because I swear it was a room full of breakaway everything.

I, uhm, don't know NDA and all that what I'm allowed to talk about with stunt doubles, but personally I think everyone is aware how TV is made and I'm not breaking illusions here, and yes, stunt doubles. I need to re-watch it because while Olek's double was spot on, Carrie/Ana's was... not even close looking. She was cool though, and took the hardest hits. I swear I don't understand stunt people sometimes. As much safety as he have on set, and meetings about safety, stunts... just throw themselves into glass on a whim.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Nothing will ever be as awesome to me as the Albino episode. Holy poo poo was that awesome.

Hmm. Let's say s1e6 (albino/wicks) and s1e8 (olek fight) are the defining episodes of the series so far.

Every episode of s2 is at that level. (save two I cant remember if its 3/4 or 5/6 right now, but they have a decidedly different tone and it should be perfect).

Also two words

Chayton Littlestone.

The Duke posted:

The fight scene with the henchman went on far too long, I thought. It had a nice ending though.

My favorites for the season were obviously episode 6 with that freaky albino, the pilot and the finale. The one with the MMA guy deserves mention as well, that fight scene at the end was ridiculous and satisfying. The pilot hooked me almost instantly, but by the end of the bar robbery I just had to see what happened next. The finale was great and had some pretty good Job action, I think he's one of the best characters for sure.

Like I said, ep 6 is where the show finds its feet and takes off in a sprint.

Episode 3 is the MMA dude fight, which was shot concurrently with episode 6 and that's why it deserves a mention no doubt. It was just followed by 4, which was the worst episode in my opinion, but was also the PILOT oddly enough.

As far as henchman fight, I'm assuming you mean the finale, right? Sure, we shot the gently caress out of henchman with guns, I swear at least three times what you saw is in the can (on a card). I really want to address everyone after s2e2 airs because there's also a "henchman" elongated scene but it's done so right.

Cactus posted:

Best trash I've watched in ages. I like how Hood alternates between intense stares and quickly averting eye contact. The actor seems to have nailed the twitchy social defensiveness of someone that's had to spend years being on guard 24/7. The weakest point for me was Rabbit. I mean sure, clichéd monologuing is par for the course in a show like this but he laid it on a little too thick, to the point where Hood himself said "Just get on with it!"

This, and shotgun blast to the leg were the best gently caress YEAH moments! Can someone do a gif?

Can't wait till next season.

Ant (Lucas) pulls that poo poo off so well. The twitches and reactions. Him and Ulrich (Proctor) are so good with that. I may be a lowly crew member but I appreciate that immensely.

Rabbit, I so agree. As the big bad he's just not properly treated and I was so hoping he was dead (we shot two endings). He's done better in s2.

osietra posted:

Important Banshee news: Julian Sands, star of Room With A View, Warlock and Warlock: The Armageddon is going to be Rabbits brother, who's a priest or something.

Great news for fans of the show and Julian Sands!

Tip-toeing this one. He is Rabbit's brother. He is a priest. He plays a major-ish part in the last few episodes.

Conquistador posted:

I feel like they've combined Justified, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, and Spartacus with this TV show.

I frankly wouldn't be shocked to see meth cooking zombies wearing 1960's era clothing drinking old fashions.

E: :stonk: The albino :stonk:

More importantly the end of the albino.

Our wardrobe (costumes) and props guys are all from Justified.

And I have to say, there's a shot of the albino fight that never made it to screen.

a flying dick wiggling through the air. I was very disappointed to not see it, we shot it at least four times. This is not a show that lives on "implied" (see: every sex scene), and it was maybe better for the show, but working on it I laughed every time we shot and rehearsed a dude tossing a flesh-colored dildo through the frame.

I think the only other major (well the only major, I can't say a flying dick insert is major) scene cut is.... the Mayor. Yeah, kind of a weird build up with a rivalry with Proctor, problems at home with his wife. There's a cut scene where, and you know I have no idea why they cut it, he's in a motel and the camera has the slow pan out for a reveal and he's cheating on his wife getting pleasured, while talking to her on the phone. The last few seconds of the reveal shows he's getting head by a dude.

YeahI don't know any other industry where if you're bad at you're job they can threaten "We will kill you."

And make you gay.

Conquistador posted:

Episode 8 sucked balls, am I the only one who thought this?

Uhm, that's the Olek/Carrie fight.

So, yeah, you're watching the wrong show (unless you're complaining about things in that episode other than the fight...? then yeah sure that's why there's an intercut fight for the entire episode)

Okay I think I replied to everything worth replying to. I'm off the show now, (delayed because of my work on Homeland) and I have ~4 weeks off before I go to another show (Reckless on CBS, new show, shot the pilot and it got picked up). I'm going to bullet some points though, and please ask me anything about the show, I'm one of the few dudes to have worked all of s1 and s2, and it's a hard loving show to work on.

- s2 is everything s1 from ep 6-10 and way better, it has become good tv

- the writing is oddly good. like don't expect throwaway poo poo from s1 to be forgotten. I'm talking all of it. Rabbit is alive. Lucas owes Proctor a favor. Longshadow is at odds with Proctor. Siobahn has demons. Carrie had illegal guns in her backyard. The real Lucas hood has a son. The real Lucas Hood was buried badly. Proctor has an ecstasy lab. Nola Longshadow is in town. Job is criminally under-used. Deva is Lucas's kid. Max is sick. Rebecca, holy poo poo, Rebecca is under Proctor's wing. Burton is stone cold. Job/Sugar is an awesome dynamic. These are ALL addressed very well.

- Two things are not addressed. Moody brothers. And anything to do with Brock (as far as the cops go Siobahn and Emmet have huge plays) is... not yet here.

(edit 5: so, moody brothers. I'm not sure why, but they are completely absent. Actually now that I think about it the girl moody had that sex scene with Lucas and there was this whole... musical thing done. She played guitar and remised it was a huge deal on set, I forgot that got cut. Kat Moody. I'm not sure at all, they just... don't appear. This such a grey area with NDA but I'm not spoiling anything, in fact I'd love feedback on this. it was and is a monster of the week the of show and moody's took up two slots (ep1 and ep.... 4 I think must be because s1e4 is the only episode I didn't do, it was the pilot). I would imagine in s2 there's revenge but there isn't.As smart as the writing is in a weird way, I'm flabbergasted that a redneck troup of inbreds didnt have screen time. s3 maybe?)

(edit 6, and final edit so help me god. Brock. The would be sheriff. I think he is among the best of our talent, and he has to work with such a forgotten shoe-horned writing for a character. I swear for some dumb reason he has become comic relief. It's kind of awful, once again some feedback on that character would be cool. And its not that the Banshee PD is forgotten because Siobahn and Emmet are HUGE in s2, but Brock... what the christ is his character?)

- Flashbacks. Don't think there's no screen time because someone is dead.

- Even I don't know where the indian (native america) story is heading. Once again two words: Chayton Littlestone.

- Rebecca.

- Deaths. Big ones.

Finally I'm.... not in the position nor is it my call to say so. But I'd hedge my bets on s3. And I don't think I've mentioned what I do on the show, correct me if I'm wrong.

AWW CRAP AN EDIT: Sorry if I misused a name. I called gordon Russ the entire time and fixed it I think. Everyone has two names, a character and the person acting as the character. Then you have people like like Carrie aka Ana aka Ivana. And "Lucas" and even fake names for both of them in a flashback. I think Russ/Gordon throws me off the most because his real last name is Blackwell and character is Hopewell.

Edit 2:

Rebecca.

Surreal Windmill fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 1, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm real keen on being told I shouldn't be watching a show because I didn't like one episode of it, and the rest of what I've been saying is mostly praise.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Surreal Windmill is our own cboat. Which tbh is excellent.

Conquistador posted:

Yeah I'm real keen on being told I shouldn't be watching a show because I didn't like one episode of it, and the rest of what I've been saying is mostly praise.
Are you Sheriff Hood?

Surreal Windmill
May 18, 2007

Conquistador posted:

Well, I apologize. It's just that you said you didn't like a pretty defining episode. I even asked a follow up question, but I'm pretty keen on only reading half a post before replying too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Tell them to stop doing that loving flash back to the main character woman in the bad wig saying just breathe or whatever she says, weve seen it 50 loving times, its enough.

• Locked thread