Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Yes, I have. It's not very good at all.

That's terrible as well.

Wow. Strike Back is awesome and I really think it has some of the best production values i've ever seen in a series. It's well-shot, has great locations, action scenes, everything, it's pretty much movie-quality. Every episode is like a mini action movie. The Transporter show is completely awful though and is orders of magnitude worse than Strike Back.

e:

quote:

Strike Back is just a re-air of a Sky1 (UK) show.

Actually it's a Cinemax co-production, it airs on Cinemax first.

I'm enjoying Banshee as well, it's got a fun over the top feel and moments like the fight in episode 3 in the OP are fantastically brutal. Still think the lead is a little bland but he's got menace I suppose. Also does anyone think it's a little bit dangerous for him to live in such a prominent place next to the bar without even door locks apparently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah, there have been 2 seasons on Cinemax so far, both are really good. It really starts to pick up at episodes 5 & 6 of the first Cinemax season.

If you have the time and can find it, the original UK Sky 1 series of Strike Back is worth watching too, if quite a bit different from the Cinemax version.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I think the pictures in the credits are different every time, took me a while to notice that though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

qbert posted:

I guess I'm in the minority but I really disliked this ep and thought it was probably the worst in the series. The phrase "over-directed" kept popping into my head throughout. Just a lot of really distracting shots and editing choices that didn't seem to have any meaning other than to draw attention to itself.

The whole idea was to show the difference in reality versus fantasy for Hood and Ana. The lines between how Ana and Hood would like their lives to be, how they might have turned out, and how it is. The shots and editing aren't distracting when they are meant to be noticed, to show character and themes. I thought it was creative and an interesting diversion for the show.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sekenr posted:

uninspired way to dispose of a potentially interesting character.

I like a good surprise.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Oh it's definitely awesome in just a really dumb fun way. Strike Back probably the best pure action show I've ever seen.

Definitely. Strike Back is without a doubt the best action show ever made.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

richardfun posted:

Oh, without a shadow of a doubt. The chemistry between those guys is amazing. Can't wait for the next (and final :( ) season!

I hope the final scene is exactly the same as the end of last season. With a high-five.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I heard they were planning an action series about a group of war vets returning to their home town only to find it overrun with criminals, which they proceed to clean up. Or something. I don't know if it's still happening since there hasn't been any news about it recently.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Cocoa Ninja posted:

It's called "Quarry." They finished the pilot last year and are working on the full series now, I think it's 10 episodes.

I think that's something else. Quarry seems to be about a sniper returning home from Vietnam in 1973 and finding work as a hitman. The one i'm talking about was called Sandbox. Also they've got the Steven Soderbergh series coming up with Clive Owen, about a hospital in 1900 New York.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

WarLocke posted:

That was a loving finale, holy poo poo.

One thing I never understood, are we supposed to assume there's a bunch of sheriff dudes that just never end up onscreen or does Banshee literally only have 3 cops now?

No we see the entirety of the police in Banshee, 4 cops, sadly now 3.

Heck of an episode, they seemed to pack a lot in.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

Same here. The ending felt like it existed only to provide plot points for the next season. Hood's daughter finds out about him, Emmett's death will force Hood to chase down the neo Nazis. Alex's death will mean his sister will come back and the Indians will still be at odds with Proctor while the Rebecca/Proctor incest creepfest really adds nothing to the finale.

I think it was just too much crammed in together.

So, the last part of the finale set up some plot threads that will be taken up next season, how is that a problem. The bulk of the ep was the culmination of the central storyline of the show up till this point.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

richardfun posted:

Go watch Strike Back right now. You'll thank me later. Buddy.

Yeah not to build it up too much but Strike Back is the best action show ever made and it should be watched.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I say avoid the "prequel" 6 episodes. Completely different tone and feel in my opinion, and could put you off the series.

Yeah, go back and watch the British series after the Cinemax one if you want more, but just start watching the Cinemax series.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

I've always intended to check out Strike Back because it looks like something right up my alley. Should I start at the beginning and watch everything or is it safe/recommended to skip some stuff?

Start at the beginning of the cinemax series and watch it all. You can skip the original 6 episode British series, but feel free to watch it at any point anyway because it is a decent series but has little to do with the cinemax seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Hood has definitely had some sort of extensive combat training in the past. He seems very skilled, and I feel like that's been strongly hinted at, like other characters have commented on it for example.

• Locked thread