Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm enjoying Banshee as well, it's got a fun over the top feel and moments like the fight in episode 3 in the OP are fantastically brutal. Still think the lead is a little bland but he's got menace I suppose.

Fot the lead of the show he's very bland but that seems to be the whole point. We don't even know his real name, just that he's been in jail for 15 years thinking of nothing else but getting back with Anna/Carrie and now he's found her she has a new life she values more then getting back with him. His fake identity he picked up on an impulse is pretty much all he's got now.

quote:

Also does anyone think it's a little bit dangerous for him to live in such a prominent place next to the bar without even door locks apparently?

Better not make it too difficult for the insanely gorgeous Amish girl going to get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I never thought it would be Chief Burrell who got to kill Maurice Levy.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Tinzen posted:

Kai being the kind, supportive uncle quickly took a turn to the creepy.

All his scenes with Rebecca are creepy as hell. Kai is an interesting character, being rejected by his Amish family and now the Indian tribe as well really got to him. In the hospital you could not really see the old tribal leader and I guess Russell Means (he was also in Last of the Mohicans and passed away in October last year) was too ill to be filming.

In the intro page on the website they show the chess game in the intro is the famous http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen_Game where we are now two moves from white winning after the sacrifice of the queen shown in the episode 5 credits. This whole episode was really strong, apart from the brutal fight there was the great scene with Deva and Gordon and the power of the Amish and their silent rejection. I hope the show does not take the easy way out by having Gordon sacrifice himself when the big showdown comes, with the rifle being assembled in the credits next to his name it sure seems to be going towards that.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Tinzen posted:

According to one of the producers, even the combination has a meaning, the 15 is the years Lucas was in prison, the 68 is Revelations 6:8, but the 42 hasn't been revealed yet.

On the Banshee website the final credits clip links to another clip revealing what the numbers mean. It was indeed the 15 years, Revelations 6:8 and the 42 is the number of deaths in the season. And 22 of them happen in the last episode.

I'm still not quite sure how they made a show so utterly trashy so compelling. From the build up I had expected at least one of the major characters to die but Gordon and the kids leaving has at least as much an impact.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
This is a pretty interesting Banshee Origins story that will confirm something strongly hinted at during the episode Racine knows Hood is a fraud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCAxRcG01sc

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The (seemingly) quick resolution of the Hood son arrival is pretty cool, plots like these are usually drawn out a lot more then the 'your father is dead' 'thought so, can you help me out ?' they did here. It still has a lot of potential for things going horribly out of control as whoever is after Jason comes to Banshee as well. I hope they get the actor Jason Hood to play that person:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Leb posted:

This was probably my favorite episode of Banshee ever. There are tons of shows about tortured, broken men and there are tons of shows about two people who, though kept apart by circumstance, so obviously belong together that they can convey with a glance a lifetime of longing and regret. Certainly, there are plenty of shows that do either of these things better than Banshee. With this episode, though, the cast (Starr and Milicevic are both considerably better actors than they need to be) and crew (the writers and the DP, for adopting a totally different tone and really committing to it) proved that this show can be more than what it initially aspired to be.

Starr and Milicevic really got a chance to show they can do much more then just fighting and screwing. Hood with his forced grimace like smile, his constant paranoid checking of his enviroment when out in the open and weary confession he just wants to get out and live in the woods gave a lot of depth to someone who is still The Man With No Name. There was a little flashback to 15 years ago and in the Banshee Origins extra they stated his prints could not be identified when he was arrested, it looks like we won't ever know Hood's real name.

With Carrie you see a little of a normal person, cheerfully buying presents at a stall before going to a playful casing of a store for a heist and then to serious hard mode when a threat is identified.

One little detail I really liked was when Carrie and Hood had their lunch in the town outside.

The empty table inside with the bars in the window and them sitting outside.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
That one nazi chased by Hood into the scrapyard is Ginger from True Detective, what a difference a good shave makes.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Mars4523 posted:

Is there press that says that Nola will be back? I saw a bunch of people being made regulars or recurring cast next season and none of them were Odette Annable.

I hope she does come back and murder everyone. Except Job. Team Nola!

https://twitter.com/OdetteAnnable/status/454337442817257472/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

DivisionPost posted:

Serious answer? I think people are people, and in turn I think women and homosexuals get a raw deal in society. And I'd personally like to see some women writing and/or directing for this show. If Kathryn Bigelow can direct Point Break and Lexi Alexander can direct Punisher: War Zone, there's gotta be some woman out there who can slide right in and blow poo poo up with the rest of this crew.

They had a female director for two season one episodes: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1237416/?ref_=ttfc_fc_dr4

• Locked thread