Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
My wife & I actually caught up on this show this past weekend and really like it. The plot is ridiculous and over the top but hey, it's on Cinemax.

It's also already been renewed for Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Deadpool posted:

I know it's Cinemax, but I could do without the gratuitous sex scene that's wedged into every episode as well. This is also the first Cinemax show I've seen that actually looks well made.

I've never found it "gratuitous". It seems like it's just the same as True Blood or any other HBO/Starz/Showtime show. Also, the female lead is incredibly hot and neither my wife nor I mind when she's naked on the screen.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Rocksicles posted:

Never watched Strike Back then?

Strike Back is just a re-air of a Sky1 (UK) show. Production values are pretty low but it's sorta enjoyable. Cinemax will be doing the same thing this summer with the Transporter tv series.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Hood constantly looks like he's got dip in his mouth

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I really wish the albino guy could've stayed around. He was an awesome villan.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I still can't believe how many people have not seen this show. If you can watch the episode with the albino and not love this show then there is no hope for you.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

quote:

Borrowing a quote from Banshee co-creator Jonathan Tropper, Yaitanes adds, “Every episode this season is 50 percent better than the best episode from last year.”

I'm rewatching the first season now and this statement from the TVLine link makes me beyond giddy. Especially when you think of how freaking awesome the Albino episode was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

The Duke posted:

The preview for next week: the return of The Albino!

If I've had one complaint about this show it's that, outside of Proctor, they go through some awesome villains in one episode. Glad to hear that my favorite villain is returning.

• Locked thread