Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Thanks TERA for breaking support for Windows XP, I hope the subsidy checks from Microsoft are big :shrug:

*uninstalls*

Uh, you really shouldn't be using WIndows XP at all. It has really loving massive security holes that won't be patched because Win XP is out of support.

In any case, demanding that a game developer supports a 16 year old OS is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

gently caress anything that won't run through windows Vista.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Why won't this run in MS-DOS? loving bullshit.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I thought his post was satire, like he read in the patch notes or somewhere that it doesn't work on XP anymore and was making a joke about it or something.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

NFA has a skycastle now, whee.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Flesh Forge posted:

Thanks TERA for breaking support for Windows XP, I hope the subsidy checks from Microsoft are big :shrug:

*uninstalls*
Source your quotes. (Seriously.)

I can't find anything anywhere about TERA no longer supporting XP. Steam and Enmasse websites both say support XP. Last patch was a month ago. Reddit, vg and Enmasse Forums all have zero topics about no XP support. Sometimes TERA just shits itself, are you sure it's an XP thing?

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Anyone got a buddycode on Tyrannas?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Silvain posted:

Anyone got a buddycode on Tyrannas?

Sure, one sec

code:
I want to play TERA with you! Download the game at [url]http://TERA.enmasse.com/download.[/url]

When you start the game and enter my BuddyUp Code, both of us receive special benefits!

My character: Slashu
Slashu's Server: Mount Tyrannas
BuddyUp Code: Slashu#6537

Download TERA from: [url]http://TERA.enmasse.com/download[/url] [/cide]
One more person can use that.

code:
I want to play TERA with you! Download the game at [url]http://TERA.enmasse.com/download.[/url]

When you start the game and enter my BuddyUp Code, both of us receive special benefits!

My character: Crowd
Crowd's Server: Mount Tyrannas
BuddyUp Code: Crowd#1136

Download TERA from: [url]http://TERA.enmasse.com/download[/url] 
That's another one. 3 spots free.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 11, 2015

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Thanks buddy, grabbed the Slashu one.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Should I wait until Tuesday to roll a new character?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
New events going on for a bit.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack-is-back

tl;dr is:

For the next few weeks there will be periodically 3 day long events to kill several thousand BAMs of a certain type. Six different ones for each event at varying level ranges. You have to be within 5 levels of the target level to have it count.

If the target is met, everyone on all servers gets catalysts. There's going to be 6 events each with 6 targets, for a total of 36 possible rewards.

There's also a minigame in Pora Elinu.

On the 29th they're going to release the community costume contest winner's design.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best

KaneTW posted:

code:

My character: Crowd
Crowd's Server: Mount Tyrannas
BuddyUp Code: Crowd#1136

Download TERA from: [url]http://TERA.enmasse.com/download[/url] 

Thanks I used the Crowd one, gonna check out the new zone.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Trying out Gunner, this class is fun as heck. Leveling seems a lot faster.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

I have come back after quitting not long after the game came out where I hit a leveling/lack of content wall at lvl 56.

In as Laas.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Used one of those buddy codes from Crowd. Trying out the gunner as well. So far destroying everything I come across with relative ease. Also got myself into NFA.

I'm at level 18, Is crafting weapons/armor early on worthwhile? Or will drops/quests/dungeons be my best source of gear? I'm also curious about this mount you get for visiting all the cities, but it doesn't seem like the buddy code gives me easy access to them all. Or was that having a paid account?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Having a paid account or levelling a bit higher will give you a village atlas, allowing for free teleports to any city (and other goodies).

Don't bother with crafting, just gather if you can stand it. Definitely get your avatar weapon once you can and enchant it. It is by far the best weapon and you can solo dungeons using it with ease.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/first-look-at-new-brawler-class

Brawler's out next month.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Shesh, Between the buddy code and that double EXP weekend, I went from level 36 to 50 in an evening. I'd taken to just doing the story line missions as I was quickly out leveling an area if I actually made an attempt at doing all the quests.

I think I may have ruined trying the other classes by going Gunner. I tried a warrior for a few levels, and it felt like very lethargic damage output.

Game runs much nicer after I realized I had installed it to a disk drive instead of an SSD.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Bored and curious about how much has changed since release. Going to try and move my 60 Lancer to MT this evening but I have no idea what the first stuff I should be doing besides getting to 65.

Laughed when I see what they did to my character names

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
There was a story line quest related to getting supplies ready for the war. Starts off in Velika, talks about getting on an air ship. Very quickly gives you a set of lvl 60 gear if you don't have better already. Should easily hit 65 before you even finish it. I believe one of them gave me a near full lvl 65 idoneal armor set (ilvl 179?). Which gets you access to the first lvl 65 dungeon. Get 3 or 4 pieces from that (I did my first run), and another 4 lvl 65 dungeons open up. Get a full set from any of that and it sounds like you can join the guild runs of the top tier armor place.

At least that's my current plan.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Monster Mash posted:

Bored and curious about how much has changed since release. Going to try and move my 60 Lancer to MT this evening but I have no idea what the first stuff I should be doing besides getting to 65.

Laughed when I see what they did to my character names

Do you get name changes or anything like that? I think they did that to all my characters too which is weird because I last played in October.

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

Hurr Durr muts saf gotam cety
couldn't find DGKK on the pvp server im on the VT server are you guys just on MT?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

DGKK is on MT, but DGKK is dead. Apply to NFA.

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

I applied on a brand new warrior as shnay to NFA on mt

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Never played this game,might as well give it a shot. Plays well on a gamepad so far. Lady brawler it is, then. Shawlucia

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

I just got the idoneal gear now what do I do?

I was reading on reddit that you can just skip ambit and go to discovery but how do you go about doing that?

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I think what you read is a little outdated, especially since a new gear patch just hit yesterday. This page has good info:
http://www.essentialmana.com/gear-and-accessories-overview/

Idoneal is basically entry gear in to level 65 dungeons. Looks like going for Schisma in Channelworks and Kalivan's Dreadnaught Challenge Mode is the next tier and what Ambit used to be. Dreadnaught gear is what Discovery used to be. Depending on how comfortable you are at dungeon running and basic boss mechanics then skipping Schis might be doable. Otherwise you may just be a squishy reliability for the rest of the party in the harder dungeons.

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

Just got all my schism gear for my gunner:
I just rolled 5.4% cdr for main
5.3% from behind
damage 4.5%
and increased damage by 7% when attacking enraged.

Was wondering if I should re roll the enraged for more CDR or a different stat. still not master worked either.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Does anyone still play this or is it another dead f2p MMO?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I've recently started playing it while waiting for BnS and become jaded, again, with FFXIV. It's smaller than the big names, but there are still plenty of people playing and lots of people in the lower levels thanks to the new patch adding a new class. Plus it has the advantage of being huge in Asia, so even if NA numbers are lowish the game won't die or lose support.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Bingemoose posted:

Was wondering if I should re roll the enraged for more CDR or a different stat. still not master worked either.
It's up to you, if worth spending the spellbind and reset scrolls. They drop like crazy now, though, so you can do a few runs of CW and BR to restock. I think the preferred rollable stats are yellow and if you have all of them you get the max item level for the gear. They have an option in the reset menu to show what stats are available to roll so you can see if there's one you'd prefer.

I didn't meet the minimum requirement with my gear for the new dungeons so I enchanted my schisma boots and chest from +9 to +12 with only 2 failures and rerolled the boots stats until they were all the yellow ones.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

One of the most profitable mmos on the market. 2015 october data:

For comparison, 2013 data:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ #36 on steam with 6,500 players. That's just through steam, total population including regular non-steam users would be much higher.

For comparison, EVE online has 22k players online at any on time and only 800 of those are on steam.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Any buddy up codes? Tried the ones above.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

tearshed posted:

One of the most profitable mmos on the market. 2015 october data:

For comparison, 2013 data:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ #36 on steam with 6,500 players. That's just through steam, total population including regular non-steam users would be much higher.

For comparison, EVE online has 22k players online at any on time and only 800 of those are on steam.

It's probably a bad idea to compare EVE Steam to Tera Steam because almost everyone knows how terribad EVE Steam accounts are nowadays and aren't worth the discount past initial account time and then a character transfer to an actually decent multiboxable account.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Groggy nard posted:

It's probably a bad idea to compare EVE Steam to Tera Steam because almost everyone knows how terribad EVE Steam accounts are nowadays and aren't worth the discount past initial account time and then a character transfer to an actually decent multiboxable account.

i dont know what you are talking about at all actually cuz i stopped trying to EVE after eve-goons rejected me and told me to post more even though I had been active in a goon guild in Rift for a year or two (was in the raid group).

Maybe i should feel flattered that they thought I could be a spy or some sperg poo poo like that, but they also caused me to never get into the game cuz I couldn't play that boring poo poo by myself, so maybe I should be thankful as well. Also played extensively with goons in other games as well (War thunder comes to the to top of my list).

still, i didn't know till like yesterday that "punch the gently caress out of people" chick was released in this. That's pretty sweet. Never joined up with goons in this game though. I think I tried joining a goon guild but never had a response so I hosed off to a different server.

Y'all motherfuckers who decide to make and rule guilds in the name of goons should be more active or gently caress off. I am not interested in your disinterest, even if I become disinterested in a few months.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Groggy nard posted:

Yeah I was gonna say. TERA is fully free on steam as the F2P model. EVE -does- have trial accounts but the people who use those would almost never do it through steam. I was just giving an idea that TERA's population is much higher than just the steam users.

By the way, since about a year ago you can detatch your EVE account from steam and turn it into a normal login. But I still like using EVE Steam because gotta track them hours.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

KoB posted:

Any buddy up codes? Tried the ones above.

Pixelized#6634

KoB
May 1, 2009

Thanks.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Thanks, used this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

Skwee posted:

i dont know what you are talking about at all actually cuz i stopped trying to EVE after eve-goons rejected me and told me to post more even though I had been active in a goon guild in Rift for a year or two (was in the raid group).

Maybe i should feel flattered that they thought I could be a spy or some sperg poo poo like that, but they also caused me to never get into the game cuz I couldn't play that boring poo poo by myself, so maybe I should be thankful as well. Also played extensively with goons in other games as well (War thunder comes to the to top of my list).

still, i didn't know till like yesterday that "punch the gently caress out of people" chick was released in this. That's pretty sweet. Never joined up with goons in this game though. I think I tried joining a goon guild but never had a response so I hosed off to a different server.

Y'all motherfuckers who decide to make and rule guilds in the name of goons should be more active or gently caress off. I am not interested in your disinterest, even if I become disinterested in a few months.

wait what. When did they reject you?

also eve is dying i just unsubbed about 15 accounts the other day.

join No Fun allowed there is always people online.

• Locked thread