Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Tera newbie here. Holy smokes! This game feels fluid. I'm in australia and it feels like I'm playing with 150ms ping or something. Much better than WoW response times. I think they use some cheats though, like when you cast an instant ability while moving it sets you back a little bit.

Question: Me and a group of friends (5-6 of us) all started playing tera F2P a few days ago. Some of my friends said they got "item claim" mail and it had keys in there for opening locked boxes. And those boxes had gems worth 100-200g! But I never got any keys? I only have a weird mask in item claim. What gives?

Also the experience of [Area] chat in the starting area (1-10) is so extremely Barrens Chat-like. No wait, it's worse :nms:

I really wish there was some in-depth explanations about this game. Shared bank? Huh?

Last thing: someone hit me up with some good zerker chains, if any exist.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Heads up ya'll

:siren:You can pick up a boxed copy of Tera for **$12** at any EB games in Australia:siren:

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-157688-Tera-PC

Benefits of physical copy here. (tawny huntress pack)

The emeralds sell to vendors for 1000g each. The scrolls and mount (if you choose to sell them) can net you another 2000g.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 14, 2013

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Eigo posted:

Semi-enigs can sell for 1000-1400 right now even without Tawny! Can anyone here confirm that the aus edition isn't something silly like Frogster? A quick Google doesn't really confirm anything to me within the first few results, and I assume a goon has already bought one there to confirm.
I made my post after I just got home with my boxed copy and plugged in the keys, I can confirm. I'm in Aus and playing on American servers. Remember: only china/russia/something is IP blocked. Everyone else can play wherever they want. (Euro play on US, vice versa, etc). A tera key works with any edition (eu or US).

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

gibbed posted:

Have you actually confirmed this is for En Masse's TERA (US)? Because the box picture has an Ubisoft logo on it, and they published the retail copies for Frogster's TERA (EU).
I made a Tera U.S. F2P account a week ago.

I bought tera boxed copy from EB games today.

I applied the code normal and backwards.

I am now a veteran/founder and have 4000 gold worth of items.

All of that I did before I made my announcement.

Now go enjoy cheap stuff~

edit; took a quick picture. no ubisoft, has enmasse on it

tearshed fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 14, 2013

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

tehsid posted:

If I may ask, which EB?
Warringah mall/Brookvale/Sydney/NSW

When I went looking for Tera copies on the EB website a few days ago, the website said they had limited stock. Now it's in stock? Dunno. I also called the day before I picked it up to reserve a copy. Also Tera is the 2nd best selling pc game according to EB :psyduck:

Anyway, call before you go in to see if they have any in stock.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I put my key backwards first (for a F2P account), got the tawny pack, then put the key in normally for founders. So the order doesn't matter!

Alkanos posted:

It only works for boxes bought after December 12th. Yeah, it kinda sucks.
How would they know when you bought the box? Do you mean keys activated prior to the 12th can't be reversed? That would make more sense.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Mazzletoff posted:

What server do most people run on? I bought the game a few days before it went F2P, and am thinking about playing it again, but playing MMOs where nobody talks is boring. :ohdear:
Second line of the OP!

KaneTW posted:

:frogsiren:Goon Guilds:frogsiren:
There is only one goon guild right now, and that's Dragongod Knightkings. We're on Mount Tyrannas, a PVP server.
Offsite is at http://dgkk.kane.cx and most of us hang out in IRC at irc.synirc.net in #tera
Overflow guild is Knightgod Dragonkings, apply there if DGKK is filling up.
Mord plays on the RP server, I play on Lake of Tears (bloody 'friends'), and a few goons still play on EU for god knows why. 90%+ people play on Mount Tyrannas.

Btw there is so many people talking in global and area chat that it's advised you turn them off! So yeah everyone talks in tera.

editedit; there are free character transfers after level 20 so who cares! Just play on NA/Enmasse servers and you'll be right.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 16, 2013

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Foil posted:

GOONS ON LAKE OF TEARS

Our goon house made a guild called Unicorn Farting Weed Smoke, if you hate everyone on the server or are high pretty much 24/7 hit up Spoil

We are mostly based around trolling and making people on the server super unhappy.
Some asshat invited me to a guild and promptly kicked me while I was leveling at the island of dawn. I had no idea (at the time) there was a 1 week cooldown between joining/leaving guilds. Aaaaa.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
^ haha thats fine.

(edited)

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Foil posted:

Unicorn Farting Weed Smoke (Lake Of Tears) Won 2 out of 3 GvGs (beat League of Legends and Unity, Terror beat us) on day one of its life, Of course we just sat there ganking their newbs. Sweet level 25 v level 14 action.

If any other goons want to ride up with us we are really not serious, and pretty much purely a troll guild. We do dungeons and pvp, but really the guild is about making the server rage by what ever means we can.

Anyone know why you can't find any good lancers on Lake of Tears? I've never played an mmo that has this few tanks.
I was online when I saw this. It was pretty surprising to see you guys successfully take on other Guilds so fast! Too bad nobody responded to my comment in global about it. Boo. I should be able to join up in two days? (although my friend wants me to join his guild. Decisions decisions). I'm a berserker if it matters.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I've noticed people like to help each other get objectives done. Friendly MMO!

Locked Strongboxes are peaking at about 7g on my server (Lake of Tears) how is it for you guys?

Despite activating my founder-status before the free EMP, I never got free EMP. Must be only for pre-F2P founders.

edit; made a character on MT, first thing I see is founders in global replacing movie/tv show names with Elin. This has been going on for 15 minutes straight :thumbsup: (no offense MT, it happens everywhere). Lesson: always turn global off.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 19, 2013

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

:3:

edit;

tearshed fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 20, 2013

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

KaneTW posted:

Side saddles are the worst thing and I don't get it why every MMO ever has them. It's the 21st century, not the 19th.
Tera is the first game I've ever seen side-saddle in.

Also TERA is fantasy so I don't see why not.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Maxmaps posted:

This happened to me all the time mentally in Everquest whenever I had to swim across the sea for anything. The fact that you couldn't see past the water and that all I saw was endless calm just unnerved the poo poo out of me to the point that I never even dared to look under the water, lest I angered and immediately got eaten by a swarm of sea serpents, sharks and other marine horrors that just -had- to be waiting to grab me. I miss that feel.
Jeez, I had the same exact thing in world of warcraft. Those oceans are REALLY deep. It's terrifying.

Thank god you can't go underwater in tera.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I love taking screenshots. Too bad I have to use complete minimum settings to get some decent fps (20+)

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Anyone on MT: can you check the prices of Tawny Mount and Semi-Enig scrolls on the broker for me? I'm on lake of tears right now and probably gonna transfer to MT later. Not sure whether to sell my bonus stuff on LoT or save it for MT.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Are the mount rewards for race-to-60 exclusive to the event or available in-store? Also I was gonna ask about the soulbound business but on post preview Gaia beat me to it.

Tera EBgames/Australia status update: turns out cheap-tera was because EB was doing a big stock clearance in February and now they don't even list tera on their website anymore, despite having tera in stock in stores.

I managed to pick up a spare copy (last one in store) and asked the guy where the closest one was after this. He said it was 400kms away up the coast. Yeah. I guess I'll hold onto it for a few months and see what happens. Sydney is outta stock, QLD/VIC has stock. No idea if the price is still $12 or back to $60.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I keep asking this in guild chat, but people don't really answer. I've been killing Basilisks for fun and profit, and they kind of vomit gear I can't use or don't want to use. My inventory is filling up quickly, and I don't know what to do with the excess. I've been disassembling stuff into Deosilex and tossing it up on the trade broker, since it has the highest average sell price out of the disassembling results, but it hasn't really been selling when I price it at the broker's given average price, though things like verdracloth get snapped up within minutes. how do I TERA economy
List items 5-10% higher than the minimum. Don't do average. Elite players can list anything with no fee so they sometimes list items with a ridiculous price, skewing the average.

Also maybe watch the broker for a few days to get an idea of minimum price range.

Question: does tera allow UI mods like wow? I'm thinking of an auctioneer-like addon.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Datasmurf posted:

Too bad that the EU guild seems mostly dead, I have my friend who got me into the game on EU, and don't have the HDD space (or the money to buy bigger discs) for two copies. I guess there's no way to just edit some files which'll set the region to US instead?
RE: client region changing. Conversion process seems pretty simple. The two clients (EU and NA) share the folders "Art_Data" and "Sound_Data" located in "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC". 27.1gigs to be exact. Keep those two folders and replace everything else with US client files. A few hundred MB. Actually, a lot of the remaining files seem similar too, but I don't know for sure. Launch tera with new US "TERA-Launcher.exe" and you should be good to go.

I have a theory that the only thing that needs replacing is just the .exe's. Someone who has both clients could test that out for us, if they don't mind.

I also had a look around for tera private servers, see what they do to change realms/regions (world of warcraft style). The only private server I could find uses a custom launcher .exe... and nothing else. I believe that "region" is held within the launcher you use. Ergo, the only thing that you need to replace to change client regions is merely switching En-masses/Frogsters "TERA-Launcher" exe.

Sorry for the :words:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
The maid outfit is now live on US tera? Neat!

Between the free keys on Valentines and the insane prices of keys on St. Pats, I've got about 23k gold, yet I'm only level 34 (haven't played in a month, only log in for events). Is there any use for that much gold before 60?

Grogsy posted:

Why sorry for the words? How else were you going to explain it? Interpretive dancing?

hmm...

drat now I wan't to see it.
I felt that the point I was trying to make was incredibly simple but took way too many words to explain it.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Mordaedil posted:

Noone else tried their hand at the contest? Just me, then? :ohdear:
It would probably help if you described "the contest".

I have no idea what events are going on unless people mention them here because I never check the enmasse page nor pay attention to the launcher.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

BambooEarpick posted:

Hey, so, new player here. Is there any really good primer that tells me what I should be doing? Or even a class specific guide? I just sorta run around quest to quest (on beginner island, still) but is there anything I really need to keep in mind? In WoW (at least, when I was playing) it was save money for your loving mount. I'm not hardcore at all but I don't want to play sub-optimally. Should I be buying weapons every chance I get or should I just hold out for quest reward weapons? I'm like a level 9 Slayer.
The gold you get for the first 12 levels (beginner island) is like 1-2g tops, which doesn't buy anything. Word of warning: avoid the crafting quests when you get to Velika (the big city), they cost too much for too little reward. And you get a free blue craft weapon from a quest at 25 anyway. When you get to lumbertown (next area after newbie island) you want to start putting almost everything on the broker, it beats vendoring it. You can buy blue gear from the broker around level 22 as well, it comes from the first dungeon. Most pieces are like 5-10g, which you should have by that level. Really helps with leveling. Stick with quest rewards otherwise.

That's my experience anyway. I think there is one or two crafting you might want to level up while leveling your character but I forget which ones they are. And when it comes to the broker, the price you pay includes the broker fee, but when you list an item, it doesn't include the fee. That's called the asking price. You might be wondering why your items haven't been selling, that's the reason.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I don't have TERA installed right now. Can someone pricecheck what the Tawny Huntress mounts are going for on the broker? I have an extra unopened box copy of Tera.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
TERA is coming (back) to steam.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/TERA-Is-Coming-to-Steam-Steam-FAQs-119579

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Yuriy posted:

Is there a place to still get the boxed copy or a code or whatever for Founder's status for the mount/character slots/emeralds?
Amazon for $17. I have a spare physical box copy here sitting unused if you are interested.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Yuriy posted:

Sure, email me at healmanx @ gmail so we can work poo poo out
Someone else nabbed it, sorry.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

ShadowMoo posted:

I am a level 42 warrior and have no idea what I should be doing. Help.
Level 40 unlocks the reaper class, free level 58 if you don't mind being an elin. Otherwise continue with the story quests until you hit 60 I suppose. Join a guild too.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

widespread posted:

So I heard from somewhere that this game's sorta like Monster Hunter in an MMO or something. Is it worth 50 GBs of space? And does it even take up to 50 GBs?
Also, I guess, did that healing class priest thingy ever change dramatically or is it all value changes?
There are two ways to download the game. Torrent and stream.
Torrent requires 30gb space to download and another 35 ish to install.
Stream ('happycloud') downloads the game as you play, only requiring 35gb space.

The DVD/hardcopy cannot be used to install the game, the launcher it comes with is too outdated. A shame because many of the files on the DVD are the same as the most up to date version of the game.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 1, 2015

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

ttocs7 posted:

I've heard rumors that it also stacks with elite XP, but I haven't tried it yet. I got a one-day voucher in the mail, and I'll probably use that over the weekend when I have more time to play.

I think I remember reading something about a coupon that lets you get 3 days of elite when I first logged in a couple days ago, but I forget what/where it was, or if it's still active.
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/play-tera-and-earn-elite-status

quote:

The 3-day code “elitefreedays” is no longer active.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
More free codes for cosmetic 1-character items.

bandanarama
taketheredpill
moarcowbell!

https://www.facebook.com/TERAonline

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Septimus posted:

A new PVE server, Highwatch, will be opened next week. Server transfers to this server and to any of the PVP servers will be no charge. Anyone thinking of moving there?

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-pve-server-highwatch
Woah, this is great. I've been meaning to transfer the rest of my characters to MT ever since I missed the last cutoff for free server transfers (f2p patch). But now I'm a little worried that their statistics say that LoT and even VoT are more popular than MT. Now I'm not sure.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

imatree posted:

Can anyone tell me if i get a founders key, will it give me the four bank slots as items, or does it just poof since I already have the four tabs unlocked? Also, if i have 2 extra characters unlocked, will it add 6 taking me to ten total, or will it also poof and only let me have 8 slots max?
http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-game-account-types

quote:

NOTE: Applying a Founder's code will overwrite existing account upgrades to bank storage and character slots. The account will be upgraded to 4 total bank tabs and 8 total character slots per server, regardless of previous individual upgrades on the account.
tl;dr you will end up with 8 character slots, and the bank/char slots don't come as items.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Another code for another hat

FruitAttacks

Expires 6th of August

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Akoogly Eyes posted:

I started playing this game just today and used one of the promotional codes that gave me 3 days of elite access. Aside from the lizard mount, what useful things should I pick up during these 3 days?
Teleport everywhere and get the free mount. Use the two free elite gift packages on cooldown (24 hour), use bonus gold on cooldown (10 minutes), stacks up to 6 times. Cooldowns are per server/realm. If you are leveling, use custom save locations at quest hubs for even faster traveling.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Anatharon posted:

Seems they've officially announced Brawler now, though no date yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdL8YpnNTk

Neat. Seems the trailer came out two months ago, but it's new to me.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Orabilis posted:

I'm thinking of giving this a try just to play another action MMO. Thinking of trying out the gunner or lancer. Anyone want to give me a BuddyUp code?
Just FYI people buddyup codes only work if you are on the same server.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Flesh Forge posted:

Thanks TERA for breaking support for Windows XP, I hope the subsidy checks from Microsoft are big :shrug:

*uninstalls*
Source your quotes. (Seriously.)

I can't find anything anywhere about TERA no longer supporting XP. Steam and Enmasse websites both say support XP. Last patch was a month ago. Reddit, vg and Enmasse Forums all have zero topics about no XP support. Sometimes TERA just shits itself, are you sure it's an XP thing?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Does anyone still play this or is it another dead f2p MMO?
One of the most profitable mmos on the market. 2015 october data:

For comparison, 2013 data:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ #36 on steam with 6,500 players. That's just through steam, total population including regular non-steam users would be much higher.

For comparison, EVE online has 22k players online at any on time and only 800 of those are on steam.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Groggy nard posted:

It's probably a bad idea to compare EVE Steam to Tera Steam because almost everyone knows how terribad EVE Steam accounts are nowadays and aren't worth the discount past initial account time and then a character transfer to an actually decent multiboxable account.
Yeah I was gonna say. TERA is fully free on steam as the F2P model. EVE -does- have trial accounts but the people who use those would almost never do it through steam. I was just giving an idea that TERA's population is much higher than just the steam users.

By the way, since about a year ago you can detatch your EVE account from steam and turn it into a normal login. But I still like using EVE Steam because gotta track them hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Skwee posted:

what is that a reference to
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Vi

Trap sprung etc

• Locked thread