Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You too can get a plus one saving throw bonus. All you gotta do is step into the Bone Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In Hackmaster 4th edition character generation you roll character background, including how you were raised. Some results give you flaws, but if you had loving parents each is worth five bonus building points. This happens about 33% of rolls. But you can spend a BP in character creation to re roll any table. So you are always going to get those bonus BP unless you want to handicap yourself with penalties and flaws for having abusive or indifferent parents for no reason.

When I get home I'll post how you can create a stock level one character with -12 AC(equivalent to 32 in a d20 system) if I can find my old build.

Edit: Well I couldn't find it, but the gist was this. You could spend BP to improve your stat levels up to 25 as a starting character. It took a shitload of BP but you could easily keep randomly rolling flaws to get it, spending a BP here and there to get rid of character ending flaws. Barbarians get double their dex bonus if wearing light armor of some certain AC level. Half Ogres automatically get a -1 bonus to AC for being tough skinned, and since they had big hands they could weild a medium shield as a light shield or something like that. So you would have a mute, flatulent, inapropriate sense of humor, male pattern baldness, mirror phobic, multi-personalitied extremely low int half ogre who can barely grunt, but he has a high dex bonus, padded leather, and a shield which combine to make him almost impossible to hit, in addition to having a ridiculous strength(more than likely).

greatn fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 6, 2013

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So a locked door is probably an item.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Monks work the same way, but are somewhat more ridiculous. To advance in level you have to single handedly defeats monk of the next highest level, or a number of monks whose total levels equals that.

So if you need to level up to 20th, you are about to kick 20 first level monks asses simultaneously. Seriously fifty first level monks could do absolutely nothing versus a nineteenth level one. If you're nee to the monastery, first day, some guy in need of level up might just murder your rear end.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Piell posted:

The How To Lose a Friend combination, presented without commentary.

Edit: made it crueler.

Could you provide commentary? I think it isn't completely self explanatory if you're not familiar with magic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That seems more like normal hard to pull off combos than the game breaking obscure rule type stuff, or the "pulling off this combo technically means your opponent has to do some real life thing you tell him to"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Well, not quite. It's different because the rules let you tear up every single one of your opponent's cards.

Oh. Maybe it's because I don't get magic at all but that's not coming across.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just knowing that's the end result is enough for me. Because Jesus, that's insane. I think cards or game rules with real world effect are my absolute favorite. It's like real magical powers in the card that can only be used for assholery.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Flavivirus posted:

Not quite; notice it doesn't add to your Intelligence, but instead gives you 3d6 Int and adds +1d3 Charisma. So every time you cast the spell you're randomising your intelligence, taking the gamble that your Int wouldn't end up at 3 by the end.

Hm, so you could give your wizard a 10 int on the point buy system, then have him baleful polymorphed and awakened and turned back until he gets that 18.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Pidmon posted:

A wandering warforged plays 50 babies into existence every evening.

That Warforged's name: Justin Bieber. "Baby, Baby, Baby, ohhhhh, baby, baby, baby"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Make a Warforged druid with lots of perform and some animal friends and you got yourself a Santa Claus, making tons of quaint wooden toys, transporting via plants to deliver them all to good girls and boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pathfinder has a second level druid spell called Aboleth's lung. It is like a water breathing spell, it lasts an hour per level, and you can split that time among multiple people who are touching. It has a range of touch.

I guess to "Nerf" this spell once you get the water breathing you can no longer breath air.

At 3Rd level you can use one spell to make, say thirty six people unable to breath air for five minutes as long as they're all touching. And the will save they need to make is the worst save for most low level characters and monsters with the worst stat.

Get a friend who can bluff the heck out of them and you're pretty much your own personal Jim Jones. Obviously when you're higher level you could invest in bluff yourself, and split it among even more people. If you can convince them, you could suffocate 240 people to death at twentieth level before extend metamagic.

Of course this is assuming the infinite amount of god wizards that have been mentioned don't have a problem with it. But I'd certainly be tempted as a druid to just go from logging camp to logging camp offering my "enhance vigor" enchantment because my local druid council determined this area needs clear cutting for balance of nature purposes.