Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Strength and Athletics

Keying Intimidate off Charisma causes the same situation. Unless he compensates for his racial lack of charisma at chargen, an orc warrior wielding an axe is naturally less intimidating than an elven farmer wielding a corncob.

I've heard this rationalized as "more charismatic people know what buttons to press and can appeal more effectively to people's fear", but come on, not all intimidation is deep-seated psychology. You don't need to be Sigmund Freud to bellow at somebody half your size and threaten them with a battle axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Anatharon posted:

IIRC in DnD 3.5 there was a weird class related to demons with things like "Pretend you're a statue for 12 hours. If anyone figures out you're not, you must kill them. After the 12 hours gain +1 to hide." and hilariously dumb stuff like that. Anyone remember where it came up in this thread?I want to show a friend.

This is the Demoniac, from (I think) Pathfinder's Lord of Chaos. "Hilariously dumb" is a pretty good description.