Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Is there no psionic version of Permamancy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
You don't even have to jerk off ON your party members, you can just wank quietly while studying the lust spells and bam, demon powers. As long as you're courteous enough not to wake them you... are.. acting demonically? :psyduck:

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Splicer posted:

Also, it seems that a large number of college dorm residents are wandering around with a +4 bonus vs charm effects.

Oh so THAT'S why they can't get dates.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
So by that R&D Secret Lair ruleset, if you ever get a situation saying 'Draw a card and play it' (I don't play magic but does that happen?) could you just jot on a peice of scrap paper the words "I WIN" and then win?

I mean if you're already putting your left hand on top of the discard pile...

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
A wandering warforged plays 50 babies into existence every evening.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Unhappy Meal posted:

More from the horrible land of D&D coins. Someone pointed out that early editions had coins weighing 1.6oz, 10 coins to the pound. Now aside from the coins ranging from 3-6 cm across, we're talking about multiple pounds of gold for stuff most adventurers consider basic equipment.

Berserker with a two-handed sword? That'll be five pounds of gold. Full Plate, will run you anywhere from 400 to 1000lbs of gold. Full plate only weighs 70lbs itself. Speaking of things worth more than their weight in gold a spy glass is just a scant 100lbs of gold for a 2lb item, and a Water Clock is certainly a deal at only 100lbs as well, I'm surprised every town in D&D doesn't have one. For reference a pound of gold as of today is just about 20,000 USD, and in AD&D the lowest listed hirling a porter makes 1cp a day, or 3.65gp ($7500ish) a year while the highest paid a Steward makes 30+ gp a day for around 10,000gp ($21 Million) a year, that's more than quite a few of the highest paid CEOs.

All that said, I suppose those prices are pretty accurate for a fantasy setting where adventures are pulling tons of gold out of basically thin air and devaluing it like crazy.

Sorry, hang on, where does it say the coins are SOLID gold/silver/bronze/unobtanium? I always figured that they had a tiny fraction of the required metal in them and filled up the rest with something that polishes nicely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
more like Air to Bacta