Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain_Indigo posted:

I know it has been touched upon in this thread, but can anyone explain the idea about Druids having to kill off another druid at a certain level in 2E? I might be misremembering the details, but once you got to a certain point, or if you wanted to use a certain spell or something, weren't druids forced to undertake a druid fight club and kill one of their superiors off in order to make room for them in Fantasy Elf Forest Circle, or something? Does anyone know what the origins of this were in fiction, or if it was a purely D&D thing?

In the words of a wiser man.

Joesky the dungeon fighter posted:

THE ONE THING ISCOOLFROM D&D DRUID IS YOU DONT GET A FREE PASS TO BE THE TOP GUY, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT CLUB THE LEADER. “EVERYONE GET IN A CIRCLE THERE IS A ARCHDRUID CHALLENGE!!!’ I THINK THEY SHOULD BE TIE TOGETHER AT THE WRIST AND NAKED (NUDE OF CLOTHS) AND HAVE ONLY A SHARD OF ANTLER FOR A WEAPON AND THEN IT’S TO THE DEATH. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!! AND THE CIRCLE CHEERS THE WINNER GUY AND THEN THEY EAT THE LOSER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I remember that a friend of mine dreaded that you could only have four of those in a deck, because otherwise he could straight up summon Yu-Gi-Oh's Exodia for the hilariousest victory ever.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 19, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I also remember how the True Brujah on VtM were supposed to use a more pure and powerful version of the Brujah clan's Celerity discipline called Temporis. The thing is, while Celerity was an absurdly broken and useful Discipline that permitted your character to going like the motherfucking Flash and performing multiple actions per turn, a good part of the Temporis powers were of limited usefulness, and all of them hosed YOU UP BADLY if you rolled Botches, as time fuckery destroyed you from within.

So you have a bunch of 'fakers' that can tap into the goddamn Speed Force and beat the poo poo out of you up to six times a turn against the supposedly 'purer' ones who had no way to do the same unless they have five dots of Temporis, and even so they have a good chance to destroy themselves if they gently caress up activating it.

Also Celerity used to give you bonus Dexterity points, which were a key stat for combat in the Storyteller system.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 21, 2013